The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall just arrived at Chelsea Pier. They are currently talking to the Chelsea Pensioners.
The cheers are pretty deafening. The Duchess is wearing a lovely cream ensemble.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry arrive at Cadogan Pier.
Kate is wearing a bright red ensemble and looks beautiful.

They all look wonderful,lots of cheers from the crowd,hope the rain stays away!

Prince Harry looks very dashing in his Army dress uniform. I've barely been able to take my eyes off him. :wub:

Camilla and Kate look lovely, the men look handsome!!

I'm watching BBC Canada, and had the PVR recording from 7:00 MDT as the PVR says coverage begins...but coverage already started!!!! Not happy a happy camper about that!!!!! Anybody know how long the coverage has been going? Has it been on for an hour already or something???

And the Diamond Girl herself arrived! Looking splendid, in what else, white!

I'm watching BBC Canada, and had the PVR recording from 7:00 MDT as the PVR says coverage begins...but coverage already started!!!! Not happy a happy camper about that!!!!! Anybody know how long the coverage has been going? Has it been on for an hour already or something???
SKY Tv has been covering for about four hours now.
Are DoCornwall and Queen wearing almost identical hats?

Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke have arrived.Did anyone hear the BBC commentator refer to the Queen as 'Her Royal Highness,Queen Elizabeth II' ?

The Queen arrived, looking absolutely beautiful. She was warmly welcomed by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, not to mention the cheering crowds. Not sure what brooch she's wearing, but looked like Jardine Star to me.

Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke have arrived.Did anyone hear the BBC commentator refer to the Queen as 'Her Royal Highness,Queen Elizabeth II' ?
I did, and actually loudly corrected him (ore like yelled, really). I thought only DM gets the title wrong sometimes and calls the Queen "Royal Highness", instead of "Her Majesty".

Last edited:
An Ard Ri said:
YES! I yelled at the TV... It's HER MAJESTY!!

I find it hard to believe that the Duke of Edinburgh is just a week short of his 91st birthday. He looks fantastic for a man of his age.

Charlotte_Aster said:
SKY Tv has been covering for about four hours now.

Sigh...That makes me sad that I missed so much coverage :(
Oh well, at least I got from the arrivals onward. I was so much more prepared for William and Kate's wedding!

Like others here, I corrected the commentator. I'll forgive him as this particular commentator spends 99% of his time commentating on sport, particularly athletics. This is not his area of expertise.

He is the commentator for the London Marathon isn't he?

I do miss David Dimbleby doing these events.

My first thought on seeing her hat is that HM has taken inspiration from the Countess of Wessex and her satellite dishes.

Her Majesty is clearly beaming!

Princess Anne arrived at Chelsea Pier in a military uniform. Meanwhile, the Queen, the Duke of of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have almost arrived at Cadogan Pier, where they will join the Cambridges and Harry.​

Loved Camilla's fast curtsy- gotta stick to protocol even on such a busy day!

The Gloriana looks marvelous! Almost like time-traveled! Never seen anything like it.

:previous:
It does, doesn't it?
All royals are now aboard, and The Royal Standard has been raised to signal the Sovereign is on board.

The procession is now almost under way; everything looks just marvellous!

The rowboats with flags also look really spectacular! Looking forward for their salutes!

As actor John Barrowman just said 'Listen to the Bells' :D

John Barrowman is on board of the Bell Barge. Love him!
According to BBC, the barge will lead the flotilla ringing the bells, and across the country the bells will ring back.

SKY TV reporter just commented upon the Yorks and Countess of Wessex frantic's waving at somthing/someone as going bananas. Nearly fell down my seat!

:previous:
Haven't seen the Earl and Countess yet, but the description is priceless. :lol:
Everything is looking just brilliant; can't wait till everything "officially" starts; less than 5 minutes now.

Can someone explain to me why the entire royal family isn't on the Royal Barge? It seems silly to me that they aren't all together, expecially considering the size of the boat.

Back
Top Bottom