The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

roseroyal,

Scan and post the picture of Harry.

The difference is people are quick to criticize people that do not like.

The Sun wanted to trash Edward and in the process trashed the QEQM and the Queen.

Some people want to believe the Queen saluted because her family was pro-Hitler.

These same people see nothing wrong with Harry's salute.

The Queen was playing and waving. Harry did actually salute.

Harry clearly saluted, the Queen allegedly saluted but the fuss was made about the Queen.

I want to see how many of the people who quickly decided the Queen gave a Nazi salute but will come to Harry's defense and see nothing wrong with Harry's salute.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see why people would have a problem with Edward- he doesn't deserve to be trashed, but he did abdicate, and I believe had Nazi Sympathies. Correct me if I am wrong. But to trash HMQEQM, and HM. How dare they? Why?
As to Harry, you and I are on the same page. I would if I knew how, and if I could remember the book.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Harry is saluting in that video. He is sticking his arm out to shake the teacher's hand. The teacher shakes Diana's hand first so he is left hanging for bit and then the teacher shakes his hand. He would been super exposed to British military salutes to his parents and grandparents so if he was going to salute it would have a been a British one.

Moral of story, just because you raise your arm out doesn't mean it's a Nazi salute.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't think Harry is saluting in that video. He is sticking his arm out to shake the teacher's hand. The teacher shakes Diana's hand first so he is left hanging for bit and then the teacher shakes his hand. He would been super exposed to British military salutes to his parents and grandparents so if he was going to salute it would have a been a British one.

Moral of story, just because you raise your arm out doesn't mean it's a Nazi salute.

Yes, that is the picture I have in my book- whichever book it is.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Here's Diana and Nancy Regan giving the Nazi salute.
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/476...CtuyqhZQ%3d%3d

Diana, William and Harry giving the Nazi salute.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/111...C%2bpFbLpAE%3d

Another picture showing the same hand gesture in Scotland on August 7 1939.

It is performed during a song.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/324...MPFmRrb9AcO7Lk

Quote:
Hands Up
King George VI and Queen Elizabeth joining in with a song during a visit to the King's Camp at Abergeldie Castle near Balmoral. Princess Margaret (1930 - 2002) sits next to the Queen and Princess Elizabeth is on the far right.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, I can't see the links. It says Access denied.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:54 AM
Royal Highness

Hopefully these work.

Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales with their sons Prince... News Photo | Getty Images

Diana, Princess of Wales and Nancy Reagan wave goodbye as they leave... News Photo | Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...-photo/3240267

The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.

Clearly this is some sort of hand song enjoyed by the Scottish population.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Hopefully these work.

Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales with their sons Prince... News Photo | Getty Images

Diana, Princess of Wales and Nancy Reagan wave goodbye as they leave... News Photo | Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...-photo/3240267

The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.

Ha ha I don't think so

Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
the majority of people in the UK do not believe badly of HMQ because of this article. Media and public opinion are in her favour.
Yes that's my understanding too. Those who have always sought to criticise the monarchy have just found another opportunity to vent their opposition, but the vast majority are indifferent and have the common sense to see The Sun is behaving as all tabloids do (the others would have behaved exactly the same had they got the scoop).
Old 07-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

British Comedian Russell Brand slammed for equating Queen’s German heritage to Nazism

Russell Brand is one of the most disgusting, sick and vicious people I know of. He is manipulative and dangerous and he thinks only of himself. He says the most vicious things about Her Majesty and the royal family, and he has joked about killing Prince George. And the way he treated one of his girlfriends, show how he is as a person. I know he have had a difficult childhood, and that he was abused, but there is no excuse for his behavior. Most normal people look at him like an idiot, but the problem is that he has 10.4m twitter followers and 3.4m facebook followers, and many of them are completely brainwashed.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
...[snipped] The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.
It is rather silly to state that "Sun" and everyone owe an apology to Elizabeth II and her family. The Windsors' courtiers are fully aware how easy it is to distort information. They should have checked the material more thoroughly before the release.

Information of a tinfoil variety to explain the hand gesture in question reeks of desperation.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Russell Brand is, pardon the expression, an effing idiot. He has taken on the style of being outrageous and the people who think he is so great are pretty sick folks. I do not know how he ever came to be popular, except he chose to be as ridiculous as possible to gain attention and there are always people who will "guppy up" to that kind of stupidity.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

As a relentless publicity whore, and self regarding self-promoter, the loathesome Brand was never going to resist 'throwing his two penneth in the ring..

His idiocy never fails to repel...
Old 07-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so glad I am not the only one who can't stand him.....

LaRae
Old 07-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Majesty

The Sun Newspaper's "Nazi Salute" Publication (and Response) - July 2015

I'll add myself to those who find this man disturbing. Anyone who jokes about killing a child has some serious mental issues.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Actually, I've come to believe that Russell Brand is truly crazy. Just looking at his eyes and facial expressions bring to mind a complete lunatic. Sorry, no offense to lunatics. :)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Queen 'Nazi salute': There's only one sensible reaction to The Sun’s mischief - Telegraph
Quote:
The only sensible reaction to The Sun’s malicious mischief is: you must be joking. Far from putting Princess Elizabeth in a bad light, it merely reminds us of the narrow escape we had from that ghastly Fascist invertebrate, Edward VIII.

What a huge piece of cosmic good luck it was that we were granted, instead, that earnest, determined little girl, never really young and now never really old, who may have raised an unwitting hand 83 years ago but has scarcely put a foot wrong since. Our beloved Queen.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Ms Pearson's gushing opinion is an overkill. The situation should be allowed to die down at this point.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, please. those are people waving. What idiots. The QM and the present queen have never been, vaguely equated with this nonsense. Prince Philip fought against the Nazis, his only and it is not his sin, is that his sisters were married to Nazis. And Harry is just a foolish young man.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is rather silly to state that "Sun" and everyone owes an apology to Elizabeth II and her family. The Windsors' courtiers are fully aware how easy it is to distort information. They should have checked the material more thoroughly before the release.

Information of a tinfoil variety to explain the hand gesture in question reeks of desperation.
I completely agree Al_bina.

It appears definitely to be a Nazi salute by people innocent/ignorant of the full meaning of what that gesture would come to symbolize in a few years. No need to gyrate into a pretzel to try and deny what's right in front of you, and posting photos of Nancy Reagan and Diana allegedly doing the same thing is hysterically ridiculous. The two waves are not even remotely similar. The Nazi salute is/was performed with the arm at a straight angle, not bent...and the fingers of the saluting hand pressed together.

That said, I wish there was a way to shut down all of Rupert Murdoch's slimy tabloids. They are loathsome, much like their owner.

And I am more convinced than ever that there should be some sort of annual Thanksgiving Service in Westminster Abbey commemorating that Edward VIII abdicated as King of England. The BRF and the world dodged quite a bullet.

What an idiot that man was.