The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I find this ludicrous and insane. Makes me sick.
I have admired HM my whole life. I shall continue.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Oh good grief. It was not a Nazi salute.

The video clearly shows them waving. Freezing an image so that it can look like something else is just a trick of the tabloid media.

They are waving vigorously at someone then they wave daintily.
(Watch the video, QEQM fingers are moving when her arm is raised.)

The real story is Edward had a close relationship with his brother and nieces.

It was not a case of Edward teaching his nieces the Nazi salute. It shows a very loving Edward in contrast to all the negative stories about him.
Edward has been trashed to death and people will believe anything negative about him. The mud sticks but the mud should be slung at the media for picking up this story.

Watch the entire video not the edited version.

In 20 seconds, the Queen plays with her dogs, get up, waves, lifts her arm high up, drops it down midway and then goes to play with Margaret.

All this in 20 seconds, yet the Sun wants people to believe the Queen gave the Nazi salute.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Are they trying to say the Corgis are Nazis too? Some one needs to take some Prince George birthday pictures to get this garbage on the pages.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

My feeling is - How dare anyone say that about the Queen?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
My feeling is - How dare anyone say that about the Queen?
Oh for the times a monarch could yell "off with their head" and send 'em to the Tower eh?

This was done solely for the shock and awful value of one simple word. Nazi. In our day and age that one word has come to denote the most very evil and heinous plagues to ever affect mankind. Although we have looked at the history of the time the film was taken in our discussions here, IMO, the general public will not and that's exactly what The Sun set out to accomplish.

Its always been said that what goes around, comes around and with Rupert Murdoch and The Sun in mind, I'd love to buy karma an energy drink right about now.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Queen 'Nazi salute': British Film Institute works with Buckingham Palace to find source of leak - Telegraph
Quote:
The leak inquiry over footage of the Queen performing a Nazi salute is focussing on the British Film Institute after it confirmed it has been digitising the Royal family’s home movies.

The BFI began work on the Royal family’s film archive in 2012, with the intention of making some of the material available to the public.

Since then, however, nothing more has been announced by the BFI. The BFI is working closely with Buckingham Palace and the Royal Collection Trust, which looks after the Royal Archive, to establish how the footage came into the possession of The Sun newspaper.

The BBC, ITV, ITN News, Sky and Channel 4 have all said the footage has never been in their possession, suggesting it was leaked rather than being inadvertently handed over to a documentary team.

One of the possibilities being investigated by the BFI is that a former employee may have kept a copy of the footage from 1933, in which seven-year-old Princess Elizabeth, as she then was, Princess Margaret, the Queen Mother and the future Edward VIII all raise their arms in a “Heil Hitler” salute.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, the "TRUTH" comes out. Starting at a very early age Princess Elizabeth and then HM Queen Elizabeth II has for these many years been sheltering NAZI dogs. Oh the outrage, the shame .............. Oh Good Grief, what will they think up next. Gnashing of teeth in the background.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Ah, the "TRUTH" comes out. Starting at a very early age Princess Elizabeth and then HM Queen Elizabeth II has for these many years been sheltering NAZI dogs. Oh the outrage, the shame .............. Oh Good Grief, what will they think up next. Gnashing of teeth in the background.
Good thing they Queen has stopped breeding her dogs....they'd have to be executed.

LaRae
Old 07-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Majesty

All of this is just ridiculous. Sadly, the shock value sold this, so the dirty rag made a good chunk of change. Some just can't handle the success and popularity of others, so they go and try to bring those people down by any means possible. I'm glad that the public is standing behind Her Majesty. Bet those who instigated are NOT happy about that little bit.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Oh good grief. It was not a Nazi salute.

The video clearly shows them waving. Freezing an image so that it can look like something else is just a trick of the tabloid media.

They are waving vigorously at someone then they wave daintily.
(Watch the video, QEQM fingers are moving when her arm is raised.)

The real story is Edward had a close relationship with his brother and nieces.

It was not a case of Edward teaching his nieces the Nazi salute. It shows a very loving Edward in contrast to all the negative stories about him.
Edward has been trashed to death and people will believe anything negative about him. The mud sticks but the mud should be slung at the media for picking up this story.

Watch the entire video not the edited version.

In 20 seconds, the Queen plays with her dogs, get up, waves, lifts her arm high up, drops it down midway and then goes to play with Margaret.

All this in 20 seconds, yet the Sun wants people to believe the Queen gave the Nazi salute.

It is a Nazi salute the palace isn't denying it pretending it's not doesn't help I too along with millions of other have watched the full clip she was little girl and didn't know what it was about. You do tend to want everyone to see things the way you would like them to be not as they are.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
All of this is just ridiculous. Sadly, the shock value sold this, so the dirty rag made a good chunk of change. Some just can't handle the success and popularity of others, so they go and try to bring those people down by any means possible. I'm glad that the public is standing behind Her Majesty. Bet those who instigated are NOT happy about that little bit.

What do you mean by people can't handle other's success, so they try to bring them down? Those people should look at why we love HM. I'm glad the public are behind HM.
This dirty rag- if that's something newsworthy in your world- not you Daria- the writers- then I don't know what to say.
Enrages me. But I choose to laugh instead. But it is just disgusting. Where is the decency? Where is the shame?
She was 7. I've got news for you. I probably said some unkind things when I was 7. Because I didn't know better. I'm a good person now.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What do you mean by people can't handle other's success, so they try to bring them down? Those people should look at why we love HM. I'm glad the public are behind HM.
This dirty rag- if that's something newsworthy in your world- not you Daria- the writers- then I don't know what to say.
Enrages me. But I choose to laugh instead. But it is just disgusting. Where is the decency? Where is the shame?
She was 7. I've got news for you. I probably said some unkind things when I was 7. Because I didn't know better. I'm a good person now.
When I was around that age I used to get all dressed up fancy and sit at my toy piano that my mother put a grand candelabra on. This fantasy in no way endowed me with the musical talents of Liberace but I sure loved to emulate him back then. Its what kids do.

Actions speak far louder than words and with over 63 years of a near perfect reign, HM's actions and dedication speak for themselves. What I would really like to see happen is that some publication counterattack and run a series of stories of the BRF and relatives and the contributions that they have made during this time period to support the war effort against the Third Reich. Like Philip's mother for example. She sheltered Jewish families through the war and earned the title "Righteous among nations".

People see what they want to see and unfortunately there are publications out there that feed into the human race's perverse pleasure in hearing of other's misfortunes and troubles.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

The video
Old 07-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Majesty

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

Rose, what I meant was that there will always be people who just hate the fact that Her Majesty is admired, respected, and loved by the public, so they go out of their way to make her (and her family sometimes) look bad. Kind of like those who are happiest when others are miserable. It's despicable, but some people are leading very sad, and unsatisfying lives, so they bring others down to make themselves feel better. Hope that makes sense. I agree with the rest of your post as well. I think we all did (and said) some questionable things when we were young. I know I sang lots of pro-Communist/USSR songs, and I'm now horrified by that, but, I was living there, and it was expected. I had no idea just how awful the regime was, so I thought that it was all normal. Does that make me a supporter of Lenin, or Stalin? Definitely no. Just a child who was doing what was culturally acceptable in my country.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I get what you mean now, but it's hard to believe people would do such a thing.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

The Sun's headline and the video do not match.

Why do people want to believe this story?

They can freeze anyone in any position and make it appear as if they are doing something else.

The Queen raised her hand.
Show me the difference between a child who raises their hand in the classroom and the 6 year Queen raising her hand in the video.

Show me a picture of any child raising their hand, does it not resemble the Queen's pose?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Majesty

It very well could have been as you say and just waving or it could have been what The Sun has proclaimed it to be but at this point, I think the damage has been done. The idea has been planted into whomever has come in contact with the information on this 17 second blip and sees the exact meaning of what The Sun wanted it made out to be.

Should it be made known that it is in fact just waving, it would have the effect of printing a retraction on one of the back pages of the publication in very fine print that no one really will pay attention to.

Sad isn't it?
― John Lennon
Old 07-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

the majority of people in the UK do not believe badly of HMQ because of this article. Media and public opinion are in her favour.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Royal Highness

Freeze at 23 sec. Get a front view.

Place it on the front page of the Sun.

What is the difference?

Harry's salute is much longer and he is actually greeting a person. He is saluting his teacher.

How did the Sun and Daily Mail, miss Harry's Nazi salute in 1987?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
the majority of people in the UK do not believe badly of HMQ because of this article. Media and public opinion are in her favour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Freeze at 23 sec. Get a front view.

Place it on the front page of the Sun.

What is the difference?

Harry's salute is much longer and he is actually greeting a person. He is saluting his teacher.

First- Good. I'm glad. All of this has made me realize - I don't want to be royal. I don't want to have fancy clothes and jewels. I still want to be of service to others- and will. I just can't be Royal. Do these human beings ever consider she has a family before they write this trash? I know the family has thick skin but still...All for $ . Pathetic.
I know it's untrue, and it's not like I am a friend of the Queen, nor does it change my opinion of her, so why does it hurt so much?
Second-
Being a Diana buff, I have a book where there is a still of this moment, and Harry truly did salute his teacher like a soldier- it wasn't the Heil Hitler salute, and I'm sure Harry did not mean anything offensive. Harry is not a Nazi. Nothing was made of it then or now. What is the difference?