The Sun Newspaper's "Nazi Salute" Publication (and Response): July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean by people can't handle other's success, so they try to bring them down? Those people should look at why we love HM. I'm glad the public are behind HM.
This dirty rag- if that's something newsworthy in your world- not you Daria- the writers- then I don't know what to say.
Enrages me. But I choose to laugh instead. But it is just disgusting. Where is the decency? Where is the shame?
She was 7. I've got news for you. I probably said some unkind things when I was 7. Because I didn't know better. I'm a good person now.

When I was around that age I used to get all dressed up fancy and sit at my toy piano that my mother put a grand candelabra on. This fantasy in no way endowed me with the musical talents of Liberace but I sure loved to emulate him back then. Its what kids do.

Actions speak far louder than words and with over 63 years of a near perfect reign, HM's actions and dedication speak for themselves. What I would really like to see happen is that some publication counterattack and run a series of stories of the BRF and relatives and the contributions that they have made during this time period to support the war effort against the Third Reich. Like Philip's mother for example. She sheltered Jewish families through the war and earned the title "Righteous among nations".

People see what they want to see and unfortunately there are publications out there that feed into the human race's perverse pleasure in hearing of other's misfortunes and troubles.

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

Rose, what I meant was that there will always be people who just hate the fact that Her Majesty is admired, respected, and loved by the public, so they go out of their way to make her (and her family sometimes) look bad. Kind of like those who are happiest when others are miserable. It's despicable, but some people are leading very sad, and unsatisfying lives, so they bring others down to make themselves feel better. Hope that makes sense. I agree with the rest of your post as well. I think we all did (and said) some questionable things when we were young. I know I sang lots of pro-Communist/USSR songs, and I'm now horrified by that, but, I was living there, and it was expected. I had no idea just how awful the regime was, so I thought that it was all normal. Does that make me a supporter of Lenin, or Stalin? Definitely no. Just a child who was doing what was culturally acceptable in my country.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I get what you mean now, but it's hard to believe people would do such a thing.

The Sun's headline and the video do not match.

Why do people want to believe this story?

They can freeze anyone in any position and make it appear as if they are doing something else.

The Queen raised her hand.
Show me the difference between a child who raises their hand in the classroom and the 6 year Queen raising her hand in the video.

Show me a picture of any child raising their hand, does it not resemble the Queen's pose?

It very well could have been as you say and just waving or it could have been what The Sun has proclaimed it to be but at this point, I think the damage has been done. The idea has been planted into whomever has come in contact with the information on this 17 second blip and sees the exact meaning of what The Sun wanted it made out to be.

Should it be made known that it is in fact just waving, it would have the effect of printing a retraction on one of the back pages of the publication in very fine print that no one really will pay attention to.

Sad isn't it?

the majority of people in the UK do not believe badly of HMQ because of this article. Media and public opinion are in her favour.

Freeze at 23 sec. Get a front view.

Place it on the front page of the Sun.

What is the difference?

Harry's salute is much longer and he is actually greeting a person. He is saluting his teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mebLYhQKqIY

How did the Sun and Daily Mail, miss Harry's Nazi salute in 1987?

Last edited:
the majority of people in the UK do not believe badly of HMQ because of this article. Media and public opinion are in her favour.

Freeze at 23 sec. Get a front view.

Place it on the front page of the Sun.

What is the difference?

Harry's salute is much longer and he is actually greeting a person. He is saluting his teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mebLYhQKqIY

First- Good. I'm glad. All of this has made me realize - I don't want to be royal. I don't want to have fancy clothes and jewels. I still want to be of service to others- and will. I just can't be Royal. Do these human beings ever consider she has a family before they write this trash? I know the family has thick skin but still...All for $ . Pathetic.
I know it's untrue, and it's not like I am a friend of the Queen, nor does it change my opinion of her, so why does it hurt so much?
Second-
Being a Diana buff, I have a book where there is a still of this moment, and Harry truly did salute his teacher like a soldier- it wasn't the Heil Hitler salute, and I'm sure Harry did not mean anything offensive. Harry is not a Nazi. Nothing was made of it then or now. What is the difference?

Last edited:
roseroyal,

Scan and post the picture of Harry.

The difference is people are quick to criticize people that do not like.

The Sun wanted to trash Edward and in the process trashed the QEQM and the Queen.

Some people want to believe the Queen saluted because her family was pro-Hitler.

These same people see nothing wrong with Harry's salute.

The Queen was playing and waving. Harry did actually salute.

Harry clearly saluted, the Queen allegedly saluted but the fuss was made about the Queen.

I want to see how many of the people who quickly decided the Queen gave a Nazi salute but will come to Harry's defense and see nothing wrong with Harry's salute.

I can see why people would have a problem with Edward- he doesn't deserve to be trashed, but he did abdicate, and I believe had Nazi Sympathies. Correct me if I am wrong. But to trash HMQEQM, and HM. How dare they? Why?
As to Harry, you and I are on the same page. I would if I knew how, and if I could remember the book.

I don't think Harry is saluting in that video. He is sticking his arm out to shake the teacher's hand. The teacher shakes Diana's hand first so he is left hanging for bit and then the teacher shakes his hand. He would been super exposed to British military salutes to his parents and grandparents so if he was going to salute it would have a been a British one.

Moral of story, just because you raise your arm out doesn't mean it's a Nazi salute.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't think Harry is saluting in that video. He is sticking his arm out to shake the teacher's hand. The teacher shakes Diana's hand first so he is left hanging for bit and then the teacher shakes his hand. He would been super exposed to British military salutes to his parents and grandparents so if he was going to salute it would have a been a British one.

Moral of story, just because you raise your arm out doesn't mean it's a Nazi salute.

Yes, that is the picture I have in my book- whichever book it is.

Here's Diana and Nancy Regan giving the Nazi salute.
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/476471235-diana-princess-of-wales-and-nancy-reagan-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QbRj8vPhHxbkFJFWfDu5mLJ7s4RxV5wiABnZc9FXtcM8VO3mEcZwd2O2SOCtuyqhZQ%3d%3d

Diana, William and Harry giving the Nazi salute.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/11...34LjYGHJqBdLTryQwrCm5hCe/zUJsgZx27hC+pFbLpAE=

Another picture showing the same hand gesture in Scotland on August 7 1939.

It is performed during a song.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/3240267-7th-august-1939-king-george-vi-and-queen-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=qejV0MSP3%2bivo36AXVEs%2b7rZoS7PKJY98wC%2bMuOniWTThtlgmnMPFmRrb9AcO7Lk

Hands Up
King George VI and Queen Elizabeth joining in with a song during a visit to the King's Camp at Abergeldie Castle near Balmoral. Princess Margaret (1930 - 2002) sits next to the Queen and Princess Elizabeth is on the far right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I can't see the links. It says Access denied.

Hopefully these work.

Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales with their sons Prince... News Photo | Getty Images

Diana, Princess of Wales and Nancy Reagan wave goodbye as they leave... News Photo | Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...eth-joining-in-with-a-song-news-photo/3240267

The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.

Clearly this is some sort of hand song enjoyed by the Scottish population.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully these work.

Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales with their sons Prince... News Photo | Getty Images

Diana, Princess of Wales and Nancy Reagan wave goodbye as they leave... News Photo | Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...eth-joining-in-with-a-song-news-photo/3240267

The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.

Ha ha I don't think so

Yes that's my understanding too. Those who have always sought to criticise the monarchy have just found another opportunity to vent their opposition, but the vast majority are indifferent and have the common sense to see The Sun is behaving as all tabloids do (the others would have behaved exactly the same had they got the scoop).

British Comedian Russell Brand slammed for equating Queen’s German heritage to Nazism

Russell Brand is one of the most disgusting, sick and vicious people I know of. He is manipulative and dangerous and he thinks only of himself. He says the most vicious things about Her Majesty and the royal family, and he has joked about killing Prince George. And the way he treated one of his girlfriends, show how he is as a person. I know he have had a difficult childhood, and that he was abused, but there is no excuse for his behavior. Most normal people look at him like an idiot, but the problem is that he has 10.4m twitter followers and 3.4m facebook followers, and many of them are completely brainwashed.

Last edited:
...[snipped] The Sun and everyone who claimed it was a Nazi salute owes the Queen, her mother, her sister and most importantly Edward an apology.
It is rather silly to state that "Sun" and everyone owe an apology to Elizabeth II and her family. The Windsors' courtiers are fully aware how easy it is to distort information. They should have checked the material more thoroughly before the release.

Information of a tinfoil variety to explain the hand gesture in question reeks of desperation.

Last edited:
Russell Brand is, pardon the expression, an effing idiot. He has taken on the style of being outrageous and the people who think he is so great are pretty sick folks. I do not know how he ever came to be popular, except he chose to be as ridiculous as possible to gain attention and there are always people who will "guppy up" to that kind of stupidity.

As a relentless publicity whore, and self regarding self-promoter, the loathesome Brand was never going to resist 'throwing his two penneth in the ring..

His idiocy never fails to repel...

I am so glad I am not the only one who can't stand him.....

LaRae

The Sun Newspaper's "Nazi Salute" Publication (and Response) - July 2015

I'll add myself to those who find this man disturbing. Anyone who jokes about killing a child has some serious mental issues.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Actually, I've come to believe that Russell Brand is truly crazy. Just looking at his eyes and facial expressions bring to mind a complete lunatic. Sorry, no offense to lunatics. :)

Queen 'Nazi salute': There's only one sensible reaction to The Sun’s mischief - Telegraph
The only sensible reaction to The Sun’s malicious mischief is: you must be joking. Far from putting Princess Elizabeth in a bad light, it merely reminds us of the narrow escape we had from that ghastly Fascist invertebrate, Edward VIII.

What a huge piece of cosmic good luck it was that we were granted, instead, that earnest, determined little girl, never really young and now never really old, who may have raised an unwitting hand 83 years ago but has scarcely put a foot wrong since. Our beloved Queen.

:previous:
Ms Pearson's gushing opinion is an overkill. The situation should be allowed to die down at this point.

Last edited:
Oh, please. those are people waving. What idiots. The QM and the present queen have never been, vaguely equated with this nonsense. Prince Philip fought against the Nazis, his only and it is not his sin, is that his sisters were married to Nazis. And Harry is just a foolish young man.

It is rather silly to state that "Sun" and everyone owes an apology to Elizabeth II and her family. The Windsors' courtiers are fully aware how easy it is to distort information. They should have checked the material more thoroughly before the release.

Information of a tinfoil variety to explain the hand gesture in question reeks of desperation.

I completely agree Al_bina.

It appears definitely to be a Nazi salute by people innocent/ignorant of the full meaning of what that gesture would come to symbolize in a few years. No need to gyrate into a pretzel to try and deny what's right in front of you, and posting photos of Nancy Reagan and Diana allegedly doing the same thing is hysterically ridiculous. The two waves are not even remotely similar. The Nazi salute is/was performed with the arm at a straight angle, not bent...and the fingers of the saluting hand pressed together.

That said, I wish there was a way to shut down all of Rupert Murdoch's slimy tabloids. They are loathsome, much like their owner.

And I am more convinced than ever that there should be some sort of annual Thanksgiving Service in Westminster Abbey commemorating that Edward VIII abdicated as King of England. The BRF and the world dodged quite a bullet.

What an idiot that man was.

Last edited:
This is a storm in a teacup. The Queen was a young child when it happened, she wouldn't have really understood what she was doing.

Back
Top Bottom