The Royal Maundy Service - 2002-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:royalstandard:

The Royal Maundy Service

Westminster Abbey
21 April 2011

:crown5:

Last edited:
Her Majesty looks so FABULOUS in the Blue!

What a way to celebrate your birthday.

She looks wonderful!!! This is a lady whom any female could look up to! I LOVE the color on her, and the brooch is stunning! God bless you, HM, on your 85th birthday!

The birthday girl looks really nice!
Love the color on her.

She looks wonderful!!! This is a lady whom any female could look up to! I LOVE the color on her, and the brooch is stunning! God bless you, HM, on your 85th birthday!

This wonderful lady is the prime definition of the phrase "85 years young".

I absolutely love the color co-ordination of the outfits that HM has been wearing lately and the blues and the purples are my favorite. With this outfit today, I noticed not only a beautiful brooch but also a similar decoration on the hat. Can anyone tell me if the one on the hat is anything special or just a decoration?

She does look just wonderful. The brooch is the Jardine Star, but I've not seen the decoration on her hat. It could be something she has never worn before, or it could be "just a decoration."

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Thanks for posting. HRH DoE looks stupendously well. He's a marvel. HM looks great, too. Lovely outfit.

The word "mandatum" is the first word of the "Office of the washing of feet". The phrase is: mandatum novum do vobis - A new commandment I give to you....

Sadly, the footwashing part went out of fashion some time ago, but some religious groups still use it.

Last edited:
The word "mandatum" is the first word of the "Office of the washing of feet". The phrase is: mandatum novum do vobis - A new commandment I give to you....

Sadly, the footwashing part went out of fashion some time ago, but some religious groups still use it.

Roman Catholic Church still performs the footwashing.

:royalstandard:

The Royal Maundy Service

York Minster
5 April 2012

a%20crown.gif

Last edited:
So, tomorrow's the Maundy Service; I'm sure Beatrice is excited. I hope also that Lumutqueen is prepped and ready to go, hopefully with a good thick coat, it's seriously cold all of a sudden.

I wish I could attend these sorts of things! I was in Windsor last Saturday, the day after the Memorial Service for The Queen Mother. If only I went the day before, I could have caught a glimpse of a Royal! The Queen was in when we were in Windsor as her flag was up. I can't wait to see images from tomorow of Bea with her Granny and Grandad!

... I hope also that Lumutqueen is prepped and ready to go, hopefully with a good thick coat, it's seriously cold all of a sudden.
I'm prepped with 3 layers! I'm leaving in a minute and the Queen should be arriving in York at 10. I'll try to keep you updated but I might just be a little too excited! With definitely take thousands of pictures! :flowers::flowers:

UPDATE: i'm here, the place is heaving but i'm at the front. Police are everywhere and helicopters are flying low! :)

Queen is due to arrive by train at half 10, travel.through micklegate to the Minster for 10:50. Service will be an hour long, then it's on to Mansion house for lunch at 11:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you managed to nab a good spot Lumutqueen. What's the weather like? Cold and sunny? Have you seen any of the mad royal fans that go everywhere the Queen goes that have been in some of the documentaries on the RF?

The Queen wore turquoise and Beatrice wore Navy. She was whisked away almost immediately which was a massive disappointment.

For once Beatrice really looks fantastic - got it right - and she looks every inch a princess.

The Queen - well she looks like she has a million times before.

How lovely that the Queen was accompanied by Beatrice ( who looks wonderful). Is there a particular reason for her accompanying the Queen on this occasion?

No, apparently she just wanted to join her grandmother in her special Diamond Jubilee year. I think we'll see more of these 'family engagements' in the months ahead.

Beatrice looks excellent, I'd have liked the hemline a tad longer, otherwise, she looks great!

How lovely that the Queen was accompanied by Beatrice ( who looks wonderful). Is there a particular reason for her accompanying the Queen on this occasion?

My personal view was that there was a link/reference as she is Princess Beatrice of York and the ceremony was at York Minster. Seems a very appropriate place as an introduction to an offical royal duty.

I've already posted this on Beatrice's Fashion Board ... but, she looks fabulous today ... every inch the British princess. Good show!

Back
Top Bottom