The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Awww I love this shot of Her Majesty and the DOE

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jcbzls.jpg
I love this picture. They're sharing a joke, or just a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I love shots like that of the two of them. It kind of makes you feel that you've stumbled across an intimate moment between them.
In complete agreement. It's great that after 60+ years they're still able to look at each other like that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
How lovely that the Queen was accompanied by Beatrice ( who looks wonderful). Is there a particular reason for her accompanying the Queen on this occasion?

The Queen wants to include as many of her family members as possible in the events of this year.

As well as that The Queen was born 'HRH Princess Elizabeth of YORK' the eldest daughter of the Duke of York. Beatrice is HRH Princess Beatriceof YORK the eldest daughter of the Duke of York. This ceremony was held in YORK. So joining the dots it seems that taking a princess of York to York to accompany another lady who was also a princess of York makes some sort of circular sense. Beatrice will, afterall live the life The Queen was expected to live had Edward VIII not abdicated but if he had married an appropriate woman and had children.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
How lovely that the Queen was accompanied by Beatrice ( who looks wonderful). Is there a particular reason for her accompanying the Queen on this occasion?
I guess because she is Princess Beatrice "of York" and the service took place there.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Beatrice looked stunning!. She has really done herself proud. I'm happy for her, because she appears to be a really nice girl and she is pretty - but she typically gets a lot of static for her fashion choices, and that can't be easy to take. Todays efforts far exceed what we generally see from her, and it's nice that her efforts have not gone unnoticed.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Beatrice has gotten it right a number of times over the last year and the times when she has has been when she has worn a solid colour instead of a mix of colours and also when she limits or excludes the frills.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
Beatrice has gotten it right a number of times over the last year and the times when she has has been when she has worn a solid colour instead of a mix of colours and also when she limits or excludes the frills.
Agreed, keeping it simple suits her!
You're right when you say she has got it right a number of times over the last year. Am I remembering correctly that she has hired a stylist in the past year?? If I did, than it payed dividends today IMO.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
another video from today
Thank you so much for the video . I loved the fact that the day had so much significance for all who were involved (and the history thrown in there made the history nerd in me simply swoon ).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Beatrice, increasingly present in the acts of the British royal family
La princesa Beatriz, cada vez más presente en los actos de la familia real británica

Google Google Translate

Quote:
Princess Beatrice, grace and elegance with Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh
La princesa Beatriz, elegancia y distinción junto a la reina Isabel y el duque de E | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Queen to visit Oxford:
THE Queen will visit Oxford to hand out Maundy Money to pensioners from Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.
Every year the Queen visits a UK cathedral or abbey to give out Maundy coins to elderly people in recognition of their service to their community and church.
This year’s visit, on Thursday, March 28, will be the first time she has visited Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford for the annual ceremony.
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/101..._visit_Oxford/
Old 03-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Royal Highness

Is there any news off any other Royals accompanying the Queen & Duke at the Maundy ceremony today? Sad to see that the BBC no longer transmit the service
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is there any news off any other Royals accompanying the Queen & Duke at the Maundy ceremony today? Sad to see that the BBC no longer transmit the service
the Royal website just mentions the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Majesty

The Queen attends Royal Maundy Service in Oxford:
The Queen attends Royal Maundy Service in Oxford - ITV News

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II Visits Oxford For The Royal Maundy Service:
Queen Elizabeth II Visits Oxford For The Royal Maundy Service - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen hands out Maundy money at Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford

Old 03-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

This is one of my favourite dates on the Royal calendar - it is unique, rich in history/ and symbolic significance. Although it's not officially so, for me it is the start of the ceremonial Royal Year. I'm sorry that it appears to be diminishing in the attention it receives from the press coverage.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

I'm Anglican, but our Maundy Thursday service is always quite somber. The Queen, as always, is magnificent.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

How good to see the inside of the cathedral in Oxford. Another notable British cathedral, reminding us of the past glory of England.
My Episcopal Church here in New Mexico still carries out the traditional Easter services, Mauny Thursday, Good Friday "Seven Last Words of Jesus" and Way of the Cross, with seven ministers from local churches (Methodist, Lutheran, Vineyard, Baptist, and Episcopal) preaching on the Seven Last Words. I expect this may be unusual now, that these services are performed in America.
It's good to see HM and the DofE keeping it up, and in the traditional cathedrals of England.
It is indeed a loss that the BBC no longer transmits the service of Maundy Thursday.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Majesty

Queen to host Maundy service at Blackburn Cathedral-
BBC News - Queen to host Maundy service at Blackburn Cathedral

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen in Blackburn for Maundy Thursday service (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen has attended the traditional Royal Maundy Thursday service at Blackburn Cathedral in Lancashire today, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Wearing a woollen dress and cashmere coat by Stuart Parvin, Her Majesty handed out bags of Maundy coins to 88 men and 88 women, representing her 88 years, before posing for a photograph outside the cathedral’s main entrance. The service dates back to the 13th century when the monarch would give money to the poor and wash their feet-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From The BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-27052583

Tags
armagh, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, maundy, maundy service, northern ireland, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, royal traditions