The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
How lovely that the Queen was accompanied by Beatrice ( who looks wonderful). Is there a particular reason for her accompanying the Queen on this occasion?

My personal view was that there was a link/reference as she is Princess Beatrice of York and the ceremony was at York Minster. Seems a very appropriate place as an introduction to an offical royal duty.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Courtier

I've already posted this on Beatrice's Fashion Board ... but, she looks fabulous today ... every inch the British princess. Good show!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Jubilee fever sweeps Queen's traditional Easter celebrations
Jubilee fever sweeps Queen's traditional Easter celebrations - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No pictures of me yet, but i'll keep a look out. I'll be posting the pictures I took on my tumblr so for anyone who would like the link drop me a PM.

It was a truly lovely day and the sunshine came out and actually stayed out. I biggest disappointed was I missed the walkabout she did in Micklegate upon entering York (The Queen had to ask permission to enter the city - pictures on the DM link). She and Beatrice spoke to a few people near the press pit then got in the car and left. Prince Philip attempted to move towards where I was stood but was pulled back by a security guard.

One thing that surprised me was the large crowd of people who seemed to turn up not knowing what was going on, or who they were waiting to see. Also, to my huge surprise when The Queen exited The Minster after the service, she was booed by certain members of the public opposite to where I was stood.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It's odd seeing Beatrice with the Queen on Sky News just now, much like Kate she was being very reverential, careful always to be walking behind HM and the DoE.
Beatrice, as with Zara and now Eugenie, has been following her grandmother from church at Christmas and Easter and playing defacto Lady in Waiting, picking up granny's surplus flowers etc. for years. I think she has the "drill" down pat by now. The only change was that this was an Official Engagement. Same rules, different place.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
My personal view was that there was a link/reference as she is Princess Beatrice of York and the ceremony was at York Minster. Seems a very appropriate place as an introduction to an offical royal duty.
Well I never thought of that. I wonder if this is the first time Beatrice has received a bouquet (albeit a posy). I think the grandchildren acting as "ladies in waiting" ( including the males) is a lovely idea.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Awww I love this shot of Her Majesty and the DOE

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jcbzls.jpg
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I took an exact shot just like that!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I took an exact shot just like that!
I love shots like that of the two of them. It kind of makes you feel that you've stumbled across an intimate moment between them.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Simply stunning,
Queen Elizabeth II Visits York For The Royal Maundy Service - Pictures - Zimbio
Queen Elizabeth II Visits York For The Royal Maundy Service - Pictures - Zimbio

The full Zimbio gallery; http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mFAR9...dy/qk1a1zRzXZX
Old 04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

- The Queen looked fantastic; I absolutely love the shade of blue.
- Prince Philip looked quite proud of both his wife and Beatrice; like everyone, I just love this picture of the Queen and the Duke.
- Beatrice looked stunning; an understated yet very elegant ensemble. I love her hair and even the hat.

Gallery from Daylife.
Gallery from Getty

Lumutqueen, I am so happy you saw the Queen, Prince Philip and Beatrice up close; must have been quite an exiting experience!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

They look wonderful. How far Beatrice has come in fashion since the wedding. It was a wake up call she needed. She looked every inch the princess she is!! Good for her! I love Holy Week and Easter. How wonderful these traditions continue. And good for HM for including Princess Beatrice. She and her sister are HRHs and should be included if they want to in official roles and charities if suited for them.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The Daily Mail article on this morning's service with some really nice pictures of HM and Beatrice:

The Queen and Bea: Royals hand out money to pensioners in York to mark Maundy Thursday | Mail Online

Lumutqueen, do you spot yourself anywhere there?
No spotting myself yet, but thanks for the link EIIR you were quick off the mark!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Beatrice, as with Zara and now Eugenie, has been following her grandmother from church at Christmas and Easter and playing defacto Lady in Waiting, picking up granny's surplus flowers etc. for years. I think she has the "drill" down pat by now. The only change was that this was an Official Engagement. Same rules, different place.
Yes, I know. But there are always lots of other royals around, since they generally walk in order of seniority, you don't usually see Beatrice walking so close to the Queen. It was just strange to see the Queen and DoE and then Beatrice, with no other royals there.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice...what a wonderful surprise. She looks every inch a Royal Princess. Love the whole look, but the hat is wonderful. I also like the light hand with the blue eyeshadow. She looks splendid.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bea's hair is beautiful, it is such a lovely colour. The three of them look lovely and it's great to see Bea attend with her grandparents. It looks odd seeing Bea without the other Royals, but it's lovely to see. The Queen looks ever so cheerful, doesn't she? On the Daily Mail website there is a video available and it shows Bea signing the book after the Queen and Philip lifts the bouquet of flowers off the table and holds them. Made me chuckle.

I always love it when Bea and Eugenie help the Queen at Christmas gather her flowers, and it was lovely to see Louise help out. It's lovely to see the grand-daughters with their granny.

I look forward to many more occasions when the grandkids attend ceremonies with their grandparents.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

How great you were there to see all this, Lumut! And what a wonderful occasion to see Beatrice at, looking every bit the royal princess. I really like the family members taking part on these outings with HM. The Queen and Philip look extremely happy and just seem so exuberant on these public engagements; so sweet to see that private, intimate look between them.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is so so sweet see the queen with her grandahther. bea Is a very beautiful young royal lady. she really look and andrew but with sarah hair.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

another video from today

Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the fact that Prince Philip got a posey as well . . . he looked so, ah, comfortable and at ease whilst carrying it!

Tags
armagh, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, maundy, maundy service, northern ireland, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, royal traditions