The Royal Maundy Service - 2002-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose though with the added security they wouldn't let people take cameras into the church.
Security is always high for HM. Every person who applies or is invited, has not only their name checked, but parents and all other known and alleged friends and relatives. I think our security services do a great job, checking, rechecking and cross checking the seemingly endless lists of names. :flowers:

Royal Maundy Service at St Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds, 9 April 2009

¤¤¤

Last edited:
What a stunning outfit on Her Majesty.
Thank you every so much for the articles and the pictures. 107 wow what a woman!
Maybe a silly question but does Maundy Service happy in different churches every year?
x

Yes, lumut. Traditionally, it used to be taken place in London, but early in her reign, Her Majesty has decided that it should be taken place at different cathedrals, or abbeys each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thank you HMQueenElizabethII.
Thats a wonderful idea from the Queen.

The photo of King George V and Queen Mary at 1932 Maundy Service, show Princess Helene Victoria.

A rare photo indeed.
Here is a picture of George V and Queen Mary exiting the cathedral on Maundy Thursday in 1932.

I attended the Royal Maundy service at Liverpool Cathedral in 2004 and I correctly guessed that HM would wear purple.

:crown5:

The Royal Maundy Service

Last edited:
On 1st April 2010

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh

will be present at the Maundy Service in Derby Cathedral. Her Majesty will distribute the Royal Maundy during the Service.

:flowers:

Wonder what colour outfit The Queen will wear tomorrow in Derby, and which brooch. Eagerly awaiting photos of this event.

Wonder what colour outfit The Queen will wear tomorrow in Derby, and which brooch. Eagerly awaiting photos of this event.

I am more interested in what the service represents than what she wears. The religious significance far outweighs the superficial clothing been worn by the individual.

- The Royal Maundy Service 2010 -

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip attend the Maunday service at
Derby Cathedral on April 1, 2010 in Derby, United Kingdom.
The little girl helping the Queen is cute :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I just love the last set of pictures where the Queen drops her program and the little girl picks it up for her and hands it back! Absolutely priceless...

The lady is Margaret Becket, Member of Parliament.

She is Margaret Beckett MP for Derby South, and was Foreign Secretary under Tony Blair's government in 2006.

Well, superficial little ol' me thought HM looked just wonderful. And with the little girl, an absolute joy. Thanks everyone for the pics.

Yes, superficial me thought she looked fab too - I like it when she doesn't just have one colour on, that can look a bit too 'blocked', ths black accents look really nice. And the pics of the little girl retrieving her programme are lovely.

I thought the girl picking up the Queen's program was very sweet. In the same picture, I think that the priest to the left of the Queen looks a bit like Dawn French as The Vicar of Dibley.

For once, the TV news where I live actually showed a small portion of the service, which was a nice change.

The Queen is a amazing women for her age and she dresses so well. I believe that she is going to live along time

I love that picking up sequence. :wub:
Very nice dress and brooch. :flowers:

# 87

We in the United Kingdom certainly wish her a long life. She is a consummate politician without the party politics! And the alternatives aren't particularly pleasing.....

What a quaint and lovely tradition.

Every year at Easter The Queen presents special 'Maundy money' to local pensioners in a UK cathedral or abbey.

The presentation takes place on Maundy Thursday in recognition of the service of elderly people to their community and their church.

This year the Maundy Service will take place at Westminster Abbey on 21 April 2011.

Royal Maundy Service

A rare public appearance for the Queen on her actual birthday. She usually spends that day quietly with her family.

Back
Top Bottom