The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2016, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can empathize with HM and know that Holly will be sorely missed. As most of us that have four legged family members know, the sickness and death of one leaves a big, empty hole that just cannot be filled. We also know that that we always strive to do what is best for our family.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's sad to hear. I wonder if HM will get anymore corgis or if she will now just have Willow and her dorgis.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

It been said that the Queen has stopped breeding Corgis. Considering the advanced ages of the dogs she has now, if she wanted new dogs, we would have seen them already. Maybe she doesn't to leave behind a large amount of dogs when she passes. No one else in the family seem to be Corgi people. I personally like Corgis and have a half corgi dog myself.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe it was said a few years ago that due to her age the Queen wasn't going to get any more dogs.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it was said that she has stopped breeding dogs and has no plans to bring in new ones. I've read that (and heard it in a documentary or something as well) more than once.

LaRae
Old 10-09-2016, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, that was said a few years back, the Queen would not be adding to her family of dogs.

All in all, how many did she have over the years? I know she was quite young when she got Susan - her first corgi - as a present.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Yes, that was said a few years back, the Queen would not be adding to her family of dogs.

All in all, how many did she have over the years? I know she was quite young when she got Susan - her first corgi - as a present.
Looking back in this Thread, there is a lot of chat about Dogs of the past and links to articles that document that. Starting here: The Queen's Dogs
Old 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It been said that the Queen has stopped breeding Corgis. Considering the advanced ages of the dogs she has now, if she wanted new dogs, we would have seen them already.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
You're right; I guess this means that Willow will be the last corgi in the immediate RF for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've read that (and heard it in a documentary or something as well) more than once.

LaRae
Do you know the name of the documentary, because I don't seem to recall that? Maybe it's a documentary that I've already watched and have just forgotten about that snippet of information.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Courtier

The Queen's Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can empathize with HM and know that Holly will be sorely missed. As most of us that have four legged family members know, the sickness and death of one leaves a big, empty hole that just cannot be filled. We also know that that we always strive to do what is best for our family.

You for sure got that right. Two years ago our 13-year-old cat got cancer and his kidneys shut down, so we had to put him to sleep; I was downright distraught for quite some time, the emotional wound would just burst open out of nowhere. But now we have a new little kitten, 10-week-old Princess Zelda; she's a calico-tabby mix.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 10-16-2016, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

A few years ago it was reported that the Queen had stopped adding to her family of dogs. So the family are getting and going to get smaller as the years go by.

I bellieve Holly died in the last few weeks. I'm not sure how old the youngest is, but there is a good chance HM could outlive them all!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
A few years ago it was reported that the Queen had stopped adding to her family of dogs. So the family are getting and going to get smaller as the years go by.

I bellieve Holly died in the last few weeks. I'm not sure how old the youngest is, but there is a good chance HM could outlive them all!
In articles posted earlier in this thread it is mentioned that the last remaining corgi is now 13
The Queen's Dogs
Old 10-19-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's corgis: a look at their menu
Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Thanks for that link, eya - lucky little dogs, having such a variety of good things to eat :)
Old 10-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

I read the article on the menu/s and had to laugh! The rascals were and are so spoilt! But they are not racehorses after all so (imagine the cost of that!) a little bit of lee way should be made here! They have (spoilt little brats that they are!) given the Queen a lot of us time so quite ok in my book!

Tags
corgis, dachshunds, elizabeth ii, labradors, queen elizabeth ii