The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just now getting around to reading today's Sunday Times which states that BP have revealed that the Queen has received 71,000 emails and 60,000 letters of congratulations so far for her Jubilee. The Correspondence Team in BP must be working around the clock to reply to them all!

I was fortunate enough to get to watch the tail end of the concert live on the internet when I got home from work a week ago. Unfortunately, ABC's edited version of the concert that was supposed to air the following night was pre-empted for 'Welcome Home Donald Driver' (the most recent winner of 'Dancing with the Stars') and recall election coverage. However they did replay it Saturday night. I was appalled that 1) they showed very little of the royals enjoying the concert - I heard Princess Anne rocked out to Stevie Wonder but never saw it; and 2) how much they edited Prince Charles' speech and completely cut out the Queen lighting the torch thingy. If I hadn't watched it live on the internet I would've never known so much was missing.

Last edited:
How wonderful to see the DofE looking much better!

RubyPrincess168: You should never watch anything on ABC if it pertains to Royalty. The only time they show anyone or anything connected to it is if some celebrity is with the royal person. At least NBC showed parts of the thanksgiving service, and HM standing on the balcony. CNN also showed this, and when HM put a diamond shaped object(maybe it was a real diamond) into a space that started the beacon in London. I would hope when the Olympics start, they will have the decency to show some of the Windsors, and not on tape delay.

Tower housing Big Ben WILL be renamed the Elizabeth Tower to honour the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
One of Britain’s best-known landmarks is to be renamed in honour of the Queen’s six decades on the throne, Parliament’s authorities announced today. In an extraordinary tribute to the Monarch, the tower housing Big Ben is to be renamed ‘The Elizabeth Tower’. David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband are among senior figures from all parties who backed the proposal, which mirrors an honour bestowed on Queen Victoria, the present Queen’s great-great grandmother and the only other monarch in history to mark a Diamond Jubilee.

:previous:A very fitting tribute. Now to convince everyone that you can still say '"Big Ben" ,because the bell is still there and is NOT the name of the entire tower :)

:previous: What a lovely way to show Her Majesty that she is appreciated and loved. A touching tribute indeed.

I hope I'm putting this info in the right thread, but there's a 4-part special starting tonight, July 1, on PBS in the U.S., called "Queen and Country." It airs tonight at 8 p.m. EST on Channel 13. It's probably a rehash of everything we already know with no new surprises, but I'm definitely watching.

Queen & Country : PBS

Last edited:
I hope I'm putting this info in the right thread, but there's a 4-part special starting tonight, July 1, on PBS in the U.S., called "Queen and Country." It airs tonight at 9 p.m. EST on Channel 13. It's probably a rehash of everything we already know with no new surprises, but I'm definitely watching.

Queen & Country : PBS

7:00 PM (CST) DVR is set!!!

Queen Elizabeth II has conferred a Diamond Jubilee medal to Olympian Catriona Le May Doan of Canada, who is remembered lighting the Olympic cauldron twice during the Vancouver Winter Games Olympiad.

Olympian Le May Doan adds Queen

This has been a magnificent time for everyone. I know I have enjoyed all the televisiom programs of events that have allowed me to be a part of it as well as all the forum members who have been kind enough to post pictures and videos some of us might not otherwise be able to enjoy. I have to say a huge thank you to those who have made it possible for all of us to be just as excited about this Jubilee as any Brit out there!! As for the Queen, she has done an incredible job in these six months. The ups and downs she has endured, the joys and laughs, the pride she must feel and the love from her people. What a wonderful time it has been and now the Olympics. Brilliant! :)

Both my grandmothers were pregnant when George VI died. My dad was born on April 22nd and my mom on August 1st. My parents both celebrated their 60th birthdays this year! Neither remembers the coronation as they were just babies at the time (Dad was just over 13 months and Mom was 10 months).

I don't know if this has been posted but in the U.S. PBS.org has a wonderful documentary entitled Prince Charles' Tribute To The Queen, Royal Memories. It has Charles watching home movies of the royal family taken by Her Majesty and the DOE and flipping through family photo albums alot of which he'd forgotten or never seen.
There are amazing recollections with film by Charles of the coronation, his investiture, the Royal Yacht Britannia etc. He remember her practicing for months wearing the coronation crown. She come to his and Anne's bath time with on her head. You can really see how his taste for jewels comes from these early impressions of his mother in sparkling jewels. There's even film of the Queen on her way back to England after the death of King George VI.

http://www.pbs.org/search/?q=Prince+Charles+&mediatype=Video

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted but in the U.S. PBS.org has a wonderful documentary entitled Prince Charles' Tribute To The Queen, Royal Memories. It has Charles watching home movies of the royal family taken by Her Majesty and the DOE and flipping through family photo albums alot of which he'd forgotten or never seen.
There are amazing recollections with film by Charles of the coronation, his investiture, the Royal Yacht Britannia etc. He remember her practicing for months wearing the coronation crown. She come to his and Anne's bath time with on her head. You can really see how his taste for jewels comes from these early impressions of his mother in sparkling jewels. There's even film of the Queen on her way back to England after the death of King George VI.

Search for Prince Charles

I remember watching this on YouTube before the Jubilee. It was such a touching a lovely tribute. I got the sense of the closeness that exists between the members of the Royal Family, and it's interesting to hear Prince Charles talk about his 'Mama', who also happens to be the Queen. I think one of my favorite moments is watching young Charles run around the room when they were all being photographed after the Coronation, and running under the cape :D. Such a simple and childish act, during such a solemn occasion. Very precious. I also loved the footage of Prince Charles being tickled by his mother. Both of them were having the time of their lives. I'm glad that I go to see this documentary. It gave so much insight into the Family that is known all over the world.

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
@GBarlowOfficial and @HestBlumenthal will be the Q's guests at a Buck Pal reception on Oct 16 for those involved in the Diamond Jubilee.

16th October 2012-
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
will give a reception for the organisers and supporters of the celebrations for Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this photo of Serena Linley online, and it looks like that Margarita is next to her. Does anyone have the same picture but with Margarita in the photo instead of being cut off? Thanks :)

This is the photo, by the way (click on it for a larger version):

serena linley jubilee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom