The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For confirmation purposes I asked and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry , Charles, Camilla and the Yorks and Wessexs' will all be present during Jubilee celebrations unlike today with the absence of Harry, William and Catherine and Charles and Camilla

Also Google is celebrating the Jubilee check it out!
Google

great great news! all the family together!:lol:

Just finished watching Prince Charles' tribute to his mother, and I found it to be very, very intimate and touching. I love how he shared family stories, and gave commentaries on some of the footage, even if it was in the form of a giggle (those were my favorite) :D. I think we can conclude that the Prince of Wales was a very fun-loving little boy, with a touch of mischief. After all, how many of us would just randomly go under the coronation robes? (again, one of my favorite bits). I also loved that Anne was a little copy-cat (like most younger siblings), and copied what her big brother was doing (he put his hands over his eyes, and she followed suit). It's plain for all to see, that the Prince has a great deal of love, respect, reverence and admiration for his mother, not just because she's the monarch, but because she's his Mama. Like any child, he sees her as a hero of sorts (though I also think he may have seen her as something out of a fairy tale when she was all dressed up to go to some sort of event when he was really little). The footage of the coronation was something I've never seen before (at least not the colored film). It was very nice to hear about it from a child's perspective; a sense of wonder and excitement about being a part of something your parents are doing. I hope that he'll write some of these memories down, so that his grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on will be able to read them and get a sense of what kind of people came before them. Sure, biographies and history books will mention Her Majesty and her children, but it won't be in such an intimate and touching manner.

I have been trying to find out if and when this tribute will be shown in Australia and so far no luck - has anyone else here any information - even if the information is that it has already been shown and I missed it.

but, why, why? Kate and will dont go to Epsom derby????????????????

I don't think they are that interested in the races actually or they might have had to work (William and Harry are serving officers and so might have been on duty).

Kate also knows that whenever she appears what she wears takes the focus away from the real purpose of these events - the Queen's Jubilee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Broadcast Times thread still has some sort of glitch cause I can't view the second page.

I think the Broadcast Times thread still has some sort of glitch cause I can't view the second page.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that couldn't access it. Hopefully someone who's tech savvy could figure that glitch out.

This is for all the members who are from the US:

One of the forum members is trying to rip the Katie Curic special from last Tuesday so that she could upload it and share it on here (that way those who are not from the US can have access to it). I would have been more than happy to take this on, but unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy and have Internet with the speed of a snail on a good day :bang:. Here are the links and the instructions that were provided to me:

Hulu - ABC 20/20: The Jubilee Queen With Katie Couric - Watch the full episode now.
20/20 Season 31 Episode 107 | Full TV Episode Online - ABC.com

If you're a Windows user, then use stream transport and then use the link from hulu. If you're a Mac user than try DownloadHelper, which should work on Firefox and Safari.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance :flowers:. It is appreciated.

This is for all the members who are from the US:

One of the forum members is trying to rip the Katie Curic special from last Tuesday so that she could upload it and share it on here (that way those who are not from the US can have access to it). I would have been more than happy to take this on, but unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy and have Internet with the speed of a snail on a good day :bang:. Here are the links and the instructions that were provided to me:

Hulu - ABC 20/20: The Jubilee Queen With Katie Couric - Watch the full episode now.
20/20 Season 31 Episode 107 | Full TV Episode Online - ABC.com

If you're a Windows user, then use stream transport and then use the link from hulu. If you're a Mac user than try DownloadHelper, which should work on Firefox and Safari.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance :flowers:. It is appreciated.

I've been trying to download and rip katie's interview with no luck on both my Mac and my fiancé's Windows based computer. When he is up and really awake, I'll ask him to try as he is much better with computer stuff than I am.

Canadian members - CPAC just started (noon PDT) a special on the Queen's Coronation.

Being a teapot collector, I'm now dying to get my hands on a Diamond Jubilee teapot!

I am seriously wiped and it's only the first day!! I despise being on the West Coast for this reason only.

Last edited:
How are we going to survive the next several??? I guess lots of coffee and cold water face-washing. Seriously, I have to pace myself with these events.

Last edited:
How are we going to survive the next several??? I guess lots of coffee and cold water face-washing. Seriously, I have to pace myself with these events.
My mom is like what is wrong with you why are you downing so many coffee's lately? Me: I have one word for you mom, Jubilee!:lol: But no it's terrible I can't sleep till 3am most nights though it'll come in handy on Tuesday.

I've been trying to download and rip katie's interview with no luck on both my Mac and my fiancé's Windows based computer. When he is up and really awake, I'll ask him to try as he is much better with computer stuff than I am.

Duchess, can I say how grateful I am to you for trying so hard! I wish I could be a bit more help tbh! Try reading this it may be a bit of help http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/268801-Recording-streaming-video-from-abc-com

Will be a very early night for me tomorrow. I'd like to be up at 2:00 in time for the start of coverage. Earl grey and scones again!

Last edited:
So once again just a reminder coverage for the concert starts 7:30pm which is 11:30am PST and 2:30pm EST and the link once again is on tvpc.com

Last edited:
Just a heads up to my fellow Canadians! If you have the CBC News Network they are airing the Diamond Queen at 8:00 MDT - so in about 20 minutes! Great documentary if you haven't seen it when they originally aired it!! :)

Here we go updates from me begin!
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee Good Morning from the gardens of Buckingham Palace! Picnic day! #queen http://pic.twitter.com/5JUHKNqx
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
@MaxFosterCNN why is CNN not at the Palace - can you bring coffee, the #queen hasn't put the kettle on yet! #diamondjubile
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN @SkyNewsRoyal Was thinking hammock. Could do with a nap. Remember don't feed the corgies!

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
Just about thawed out from yesterday. Now heading to Buckingham Palace back garden for liveshots. Concert/beacons today. #JubileeCNN
The Queen has left BP for the day! She's in Windsor
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee #Queen has fled to Windsor. Who can blame her with @kylieminogue & @GBarlowOfficial at front of BP & press out back!
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal @MaxFosterCNN no corgis yet, on the look out. COFFEE! Considering waking up the Duke of York #diamondjubilee
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN @SkyNewsRoyal nothing open! Am only person on Regent St. Ghost town. You'll have to gather some dandelions from the lawn for your tea
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN The Mall won't look like this later. Hosted a million for the royal wedding. #JubileeCNN http://pic.twitter.com/cXpDJS6j
The first concert goers arrive 12 hrs early to nab place at Palace #JubileeCNN http://pic.twitter.com
/D6OhCTLR
Daniel Wright ‏@AlfieConn We preview all today's events including flaming torches and Gary Barlow with @MaxFosterCNN & commentator Robert Hardman #JubileeCNN at 11
Retweeted by Max Foster

Y'all I have a pounding headache, and I have another insane day tomorrow so I need to get some shut eye, so I'm off. I'll see you guys at 7:30pm UK time!

Last edited:
ghost_night554 said:
Where do we put things for the concert?
rehearsals!!

Yeah, are we in the weekend thread as there is no thread for the concert or Beacon lighting?

Exactly! If one is created can someone move the posts(including mine!) pertaining to the concert in there?

More updates:(ya ya shush I know I said I was leaving)
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN My interview on royal reporting in the Straights Times: http://meltwaternews.com/prerobot/sph.asp?iscrawler=yes&pub=ST&sphurl=www.straitstimes.com/Life%2521/LifePeople/Story/STIStory_805958.html #JubileeCNN
Today's live position 1 #JubileeCNN http://pic.twitter.com/qmN3LJrL
Diamond Jubilee 2012 ‏@Jubilee2012info
Day 2 of the celebrations. Looks like the weather is in a better mood today! Roll out the tables...lets celebrate!
Diamond Jubilee 2012 ‏@Jubilee2012info As we celebrate the queen's coronation...God bless the Queen, God save the Queen... #diamondjubilee

A wet and windy Buckingham Palace garden all set to receive concert guests #JubileeCNN http://pic.twitter.com/AvfboBd1
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine The Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert: Pop royalty gathers to pay tribute via @Telegraph http://soc.li/c4zSL8B
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine The people bunted for Britain – even the Royals were stunned via @Telegraph

https://twitter.com/#!/Wilkinson_David
David Wilkinson ‏@Wilkinson_David Rare opportunity: CNN broadcasting live this morning from the garden of Buckingham Palace #jubileecnn #diamondjubilee http://pic.twitter.com/L9eOELao

Last edited:
Do you think that next year will be a special engagement to celebrate the 60th anniversary of her coronation?

Do you think that next year will be a special engagement to celebrate the 60th anniversary of her coronation?

Based on the fact that she did have a service in 2003 it is entirely possible that she will have a service next year.

I am wondering it there will be a service for the 65th wedding anniversary of The Queen in Philip in November this year or whether they will have a simple private celebration.

I am wondering it there will be a service for the 65th wedding anniversary of The Queen in Philip in November this year or whether they will have a simple private celebration.

As much as the Queen and the DoE like to keep their private lives out of the limelight, my guess would be that they'll celebrate it privately.

Back
Top Bottom