The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Today, May 15, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the 'London as a Global Centre of Fashion' event
in Bromley Town Centre to mark the Diamond Jubilee, they've visited St. Mark's Church of England Academy,
Mitcham, Surrey and the attendance at the 'Wild London' festival at Richmond Park, Surrey is also on today's
programme to mark the jubilee.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II Visits South London **

** BBC: Queen's Jubilee tour reaches Bromley, Merton, Richmond **

** thisislondon.co.uk: Oh Philip! Queen's moment of exasperation as Prince's phone goes off in his pocket during royal walkabout **

15-05-2012 Guandong 60th jubilee cup of Queen Elizabeth of England by Guandong enterprises.
Instead of Queen Elizabeth the portret is of her late mother, the Queen Mum.

PPE Agency Guandong

The photo in that DM article showing someone holding both Granny's chips and the Dehli Durbar necklace is just amazing. The chips are just astonishing in their brilliance.

Wow! That's all I can come up with. What a stunning spectacle of different cultures and nations in one place. Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you so much for that MagMil!!! I wish I could have seen the whole thing and in person. What a sight. Of course I would have cried like a baby. I got a little teary-eyed just watching that little clip. What a life she has led.

The Prince of Wales as President of the Prince's Charities accompanied the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh on a tour of Burnley, to view the regeneration work of The Prince's Charities today, May 16, 2012.

Also on today's agenda were the opening of UCLan's Junior University for Lancashire, a lunch at Burnley Football Club and visits to Accrington Market Hall and Town Hall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Accompanied By The Duke Of Edinburgh Visits The North West - Day One **

** burnleyexpress.net: VIDEO: Queen arrives in Burnley as part of her Royal tour **

** burnleyexpress.net: Queen’s speech at Weavers’ Triangle **

** burnleycitizen.co.uk: Gallery: Queen enjoys royal visit to East Lancashire **

:previous:
Just saw this on BBC News,Her Majesty paid a nice tribute to the charity work of the her son,The Prince of Wales.

Here we go..details
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee #William, #Kate and #Princeharry will be alongside the Queen & DoE on royal barge on river pageant day
#royal #diamondjubilee Also alongside the #Queen and DoE on Spirit of Chartwell: Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall #pageant
#royal #diamondjubilee In a different vessel: Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and Earl and Countess of Wessex #pageant
#royal #diamondjubilee on yet another vessel: Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence #pageant

https://twitter.com/#!/RoyalReporter
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William, Kate and Harry will meet the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla on the Spirit of Chartwell and travel in the Thames flotilla June 3
Nice memories: the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla will travel in the former royal yacht Britannia's tender before boarding their boat.

The Queen's Jubilee Bank Holiday could keep Britain in recession (but Olympics will rescue the economy)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations could keep the UK economy in recession for three quarters of the year, Bank of England boss Sir Mervyn King has warned. Millions of people will take two days off work for a double Bank Holiday on June 4 and 5 as Queen Elizabeth II marks 60 years on the throne. The economy survived dropping into negative territory in the same period last year after an extra holiday for the Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton hit output.

Harrods commissioned several of the world's top designers to create their own version of the Imperial State Crown, in honour of the Diamond Jubilee. Those who took part include, Bulgari, Lanvin, Chopard, Valentino, De Beers, Boucheron, Roberto Cavalli, Dom Perignon, among others. Some are off the wall, others are amazing and covered in hundreds of diamonds. See them here:

image - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

I somehow doubt that Harrods would be participating quite so enthusiastically if Al Fayed still owned it. As it's in different hands now, Harrods have decked the store out in red, white and blue in honour of HM.

Qatari-owned Harrods wrapped in red, white and blue for Queen's Jubilee celebration | Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales travel by barge to Slaters Terrace in Burnley
Lancashire, England - 16.04.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh ride on a 'Yellow Duckmarine' boat in Salthouse Dock in Liverpool as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee tour of the UK
Liverpool, England - 17.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172956&version=caf

Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, embark on MY Leander at Ellesmere Port
Ellesmere, England - 16.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172971&version=caf

Queen Elizabeth II visits Orford Jubilee Park as part of her UK-wide tour to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee
Warrington, England - 17.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172969&version=caf

Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, enjoy a visit to the Chester Zoo
Chester, England - 17.05.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=172970&version=caf

Plain sailing for royal visitors in Burnley

http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine.com/queens-jubilee/news/201205171002/queen-burnley-barge/1/

Harrods commissioned several of the world's top designers to create their own version of the Imperial State Crown, in honour of the Diamond Jubilee...
Wow. Harrods looks very, very festive, and some of the crowns are quite lovely (though there are some that are...different). Overall, it definitely feels like the celebrations are getting closer.
I must say, it's a really lovely tribute. :)
Holy smokes! That's talent right there. Bravo!
I'm interested to see what Barlow came up with. Hopefully we'll get to hear it at some point. Didn't he work with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber on this?

I'm interested to see what Barlow came up with. Hopefully we'll get to hear it at some point. Didn't he work with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber on this?
I think on the side of the article there's a video with a preview if I'm not mistaken :flowers:

The song is being released today with the first play on BBC this morning, it was just announced on the news.

Now that's support!
Jubilee party crazy! 10,000 applications for events - double the number for the Royal Wedding | Mail Online

Jubilee Party Crazy

Britain has taken the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to heart, with at least 10,000 street parties organised to mark the occasion – double the number that celebrated last year’s Royal Wedding.

More than 6,500 roads will be closed to allow communities to commemorate the event – with thousands more parties held in church halls, parks and gardens.
Official figures suggest the number of celebrations held nationwide could even rival the Coronation.

Not unexpected though; Her Majesty is a living, breathing symbol of the United Kingdom. Frankly, I feel like applying for a part held in Armenia too! :D
Jokes aside, even we - foreigners with practically no ties with Britain - regard this as a momentous occasion. I've been reading about the Queen and her Jubilee virtually non-stop in our press - and we don't generally devote any time at all to monarchical events. I can only imagine how much more important it is for British people.

I can only imagine how much more important it is for British people.

It's difficult to say really, but of the people I know, more of them have taken an interest in this jubilee than the last one. For me, personally, I keep thinking about the prospect of a platinum jubilee in ten years time and hoping it will happen. We take the Queen for granted alot of the time, she's been there since alot of us were born and has kind of been a constant fixture in the background all our lives to one degree or another. One almost starts to think she will be there forever!

Family members of mine today departed Australia to be in London for the upcoming festivities. My own parents plan to remain in London for the duration of the Olympics. Looks to be such a vibrant atmosphere. A very special occasion that will probably never be witnessed again I'd imagine.

Thanks for the link EIIR. I love viewing rows of Union Jack's adorning streets, markets, balconies and the like. Such pride.

There's a lot of rehearsing going on for the Diamond Jubilee parade and also Trooping the Colour. If they're interested, your family could keep an eye out and catch the Canadian mounties, among others, trotting through Hyde Park. Also the Guards marching to and from Horse Guards in full ceremonial uniform. Watching them practice is probably better than the real thing because there aren't thousands of other tourists there. Even the royals take part in the practice.

:previous: Thanks for that EIIR. I'll be sure to make mention of it when I next contact them. By the sounds of it it would be well worth the time of my brothers and their wives to take their children to watch the rehersal's as there aren't, as you say, thousands of tourists about the place at one time.

Back
Top Bottom