The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Absolutely not! She once said she will be Queen 'until the bitter end', so Charlie you just have to wait. :p

The only way she could be retired is if she was incapacitated mentally, and if we remember the long and productive life of her vivacious mother, the Queen Mum, we have to tell Charlie and Camilla that his mom won't croak until she has reached at least a 100 years old. :)

Old 01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldnt count on her mothers longevity to guess how long the Queen will live. The Queen has lived a far more stressfull life than the Queen Mum. We do really take for granted the longevity in the family. It might not last and the Queen, god forbid, could croke tomorrow.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I wouldnt count on her mothers longevity to guess how long the Queen will live. The Queen has lived a far more stressfull life than the Queen Mum. We do really take for granted the longevity in the family. It might not last and the Queen, god forbid, could croke tomorrow.
Barring a sudden accident, The Queen's health and stamina is excellent and it is highly likely, having reached a very healthy 80 years old, that she still has many years of service to give as the Sovereign.

I'm sure her traveling for state visits will dramatically decline, but she certainly will continue her duties as Head of State and her good works in the UK. She is not going to sit around and let Charles or her other children assume too many of her duties for as long as she is able to carry them out.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Smile Georgiea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMCS
She will never retire. She is a dedicated monarch, who takes very seriously her vow to God and to her people to serve them "my whole life, whether it be long or short".
I totally agree with your statement.:)
Old 01-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hear Hear!!! long may the Queen Reign!!!! and when she passes I Shall take pride in saying for the first time "God Save King Charles III"
Old 01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Barring a sudden accident, The Queen's health and stamina is excellent and it is highly likely, having reached a very healthy 80 years old, that she still has many years of service to give as the Sovereign.

I'm sure her traveling for state visits will dramatically decline, but she certainly will continue her duties as Head of State and her good works in the UK. She is not going to sit around and let Charles or her other children assume too many of her duties for as long as she is able to carry them out.
I totally agree with you! :) Hopefully the Queen will serve as sovereign as for long time... Long life to the Queen :) God save the Queen!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Commoner

why should she retire? her position is for life. her reign should be celebrated...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

exactly !!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Commoner

I can’t image that Queen Elizabeth will ever retire anytime soon. I don’t want her to retire from being the queen of England.
“Young people are willing to take risks and understand how important peace is. They are more naturally idealistic and empathetic when given the opportunity to meet face to face, and they believe they can achieve reconciliation and peace in their lifetime. I pray we will succeed together.”

~~Queen Noor~~
Old 02-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Majesty

She won't abdicate.

She will give some of her more public duties to Charles, who has been doing quite a few for her now anyway e.g. investitures.

The reading of the boxes, signing legislation and audiences with the PM she will continue doing until her dying breath.

How long she will live? Only God knows and he will take her when he is ready and not before.

Then I too will join in a chorus of God Save the King (Charles III).
Old 02-24-2006, 08:04 AM

HM The Queen

I Believe that Her Majesty takes Her Oath, taken at Her coronation, very seriously and She has absolutely no intention of retiring.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Agree wholeheartedly :)
Old 03-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

Is an Abdication coming up?????

I have read in three magazines in the past weeks about a rumour that Queen Elizabeth would be preparing the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth to an abdication. This is due to the fact that The Queen is giving her son, Prince of Wales more and more Official Engagments on her behalf and some Official State Visits to the Prince of Wales. Do you think that an upcoming abdication is to be expected?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

I honestly don't think an abdication will ever happen since she has basically promised to serve her country till the day she dies. I think Prince Charles is getting more official engagments simply because the Queen is not getting any younger and so can't make all the engagements and trips she would like to and this would also be good preparation for him when/if he becomes king.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen will never abdicate. She takes her oath to serve as the Sovereign for life very seriously. Her health and stamina remain excellent and she will continue to carry out as many of her duties as her health allows.

The Prince of Wales and other members of the royal family will certainly increase their workloads on behalf of The Queen as she gets older.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

i also don't think the queen will abdicate. she is very professional and her commitment to the country is great. moreover, the wedding of the prince of wales with camilla is quite recent and i think the queen may think it's good to give the duchess some more time to adjust (it's not even a year since she married and since she started her role as princess, not enough time to form her as a queen consort).
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Courtier

The day the sky falls, shall be the day Elizabeth II relieves her duties as Monarch!

"MII"
Old 03-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
The day the sky flalls, shall be the day Elizabeth II relieves her duties as Monarch!

"MII"
Just my thoughts. The Queen is not going to abdicate. When Queen Juliana of the Netherlands abdicated she said something like 'Typical Dutch' (I don't recall the exact words, but it was something like that), so a lady who speaks such firm language is not likely to abdicate soon, if at all... :)
Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmax
I have read in three magazines in the past weeks about a rumour that Queen Elizabeth would be preparing the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth to an abdication. This is due to the fact that The Queen is giving her son, Prince of Wales more and more Official Engagments on her behalf and some Official State Visits to the Prince of Wales. Do you think that an upcoming abdication is to be expected?

What magazines were these articles in?

I have to agree with everyone else here--Queen Elizabeth won't abdicate.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S.
What magazines were these articles in?

I have to agree with everyone else here--Queen Elizabeth won't abdicate.
I agree as well! The Queen won't leave her post until shes, well, dead!

Tags
abdication, elizabeth ii, queen elizabeth ii, regency, retirement