The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think of all the colors in the rainbow that HM wears (along with matching umbrellas), I like her best when she wears yellow. Yellow isn't a easy color for most people to pull off but put HM in yellow and its like a ray of sunshine.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Majesty

the royals arriving
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 03-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

COMMONWEALTH | Selda Göktaş
Old 03-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

In addition to the videos from polyesco, here are two videos of HM leaving the Abbey:
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...24195594231808
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...24546892283905

Pictures/video of the royal family arriving/leaving:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos Photos - Commonwealth Day Service & Reception - Zimbio

The Queen and senior members of the Royal Family have attended a Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in central London this afternoon, to mark Commonwealth Day. The service coincides with the start of the Queens Baton Relay at Buckingham Palace earlier today, and shortly before their arrival, British Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill carried the baton into the service as it continues its 388-day journey towards Australia, ahead of next years Commonwealth Games.
Home - ITNSource News

Article by the Daily Fail:
The Queen attends Commonwealth Day service* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
She's had a busy day of engagements but the Queen found time for a quick outfit change before heading to the Commonwealth Day service this afternoon.

Earlier today she looked resplendent in fuchsia pink to launch a relay race at Buckingham Palace, and just hours later she arrived at Westminster Abbey in a yellow coat with statement silver buttons and a feather trimmed hat.

The monarch, 90, was joined by her grandson Prince Harry as well as her sons Edward and Charles - with his wife Camilla - for the annual service of Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

Future of the Monarchy for the Commonwealth Realm

How are things going to pan out for the House of Windsor in the Commonwealth Realm outside of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? I am of course talking about Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the other nations that recognize QEII as Head of State? How does the future look for them?

-Frozen Royalist
Old 11-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Our futures look great.

Whether we will bother sticking with the monarchy is largely irrelevant to our futures.

HM is a nice old lady but the reality is she doesn't have anything to do with the country, hardly ever comes here - sure when she does she is warmly welcomed but the visits are very few and in between.

Will us becoming a republic sometime in the future affect us in any real way - no.

We are an independent nation who happens to have a foreigner as a Head of State but other than that we do our own thing and she has nothing to say about what happens here at all any more (thanks to the Australia Act which removed any residual rights/powers etc of the UK or the monarchy in Australia).
Old 01-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess to be, Meghan, could be taking part in the CHOGM in London this year:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-state-banquet

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Princess to be, Meghan, could be taking part in the CHOGM in London this year:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-state-banquet
Would she allowed to wear a tiara for the occasion?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Would she allowed to wear a tiara for the occasion?
I don’t think so. Not even Diana was allowed to wear a tiara for her very first State Visit before her wedding. She could wear a necklace and bracelet though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Usually a state banquet is when all the bling comes out and shines. This is going to be one, big, major event in the UK and I'm happy to hear that Harry will definitely be stepping up to participate with Meghan expressing an interest in accompanying him. Whether or not she wears a tiara is yet to be determined but, unless I'm unaware of some protocol, most likely she probably will.

This is awfully close to when Kate is expected to deliver her third child so if William and Kate are missing, we know why.

Looking forward to following the events.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

CHOGM events aren't usually all that interesting. The Queen meets all the Heads of Government individually and then collectively for a photo op. There is then a dinner with HM present and then she leaves while they actually do the talking.

CHOGM is usually over 3 - 4 days with the royals there for one day only - the first one - and gone before the important issues are raised.

Sometimes HM is asked to raise some issues personally with different HOGs to see the way things are lying but she isn't involved in anything important.

This will probably be her last CHOGM so they will make it special for her I am sure (was supposed to be in Sri Lanka but had to be moved and so was moved to London). Future CHOGMs will see Charles and Camilla attend as heir and then as monarch.

As William hopes to be the future Head of the Commonwealth he should be there - regardless of whether Kate is having a baby or not - duty always has to come first and if he hasn't realised that yet then he isn't up to the job, clearly.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

As William hopes to be the future Head of the Commonwealth he should be there - regardless of whether Kate is having a baby or not - duty always has to come first and if he hasn't realised that yet then he isn't up to the job, clearly.
I disagree, William is not even the heir yet, so if Kate is in labor or childbirth, his place is with her.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
CHOGM events aren't usually all that interesting. The Queen meets all the Heads of Government individually and then collectively for a photo op. There is then a dinner with HM present and then she leaves while they actually do the talking.

CHOGM is usually over 3 - 4 days with the royals there for one day only - the first one - and gone before the important issues are raised.

Sometimes HM is asked to raise some issues personally with different HOGs to see the way things are lying but she isn't involved in anything important.

This will probably be her last CHOGM so they will make it special for her I am sure (was supposed to be in Sri Lanka but had to be moved and so was moved to London). Future CHOGMs will see Charles and Camilla attend as heir and then as monarch.

It was supposed to be Vanuatu in 2017, not Sri Lanka. They said that following Cyclone Pam, the damage to their infrastructure was such that it couldn't be held there. David Cameron offered London but delayed till 2018 (next one Malaysia 2020).

I don't see Meghan or Harry taking part in the formal HOG/HMQ element of CHOGM. It has never gone lower than 2nd tier (HMQ/PoW). However, I can see them attending the Forums, particularly those concerning Youth and Women

This is a link to the Forum info. https://www.chogm2018.org.uk/forums

As for William - it's possible that he might attend to make up the 4th place - I'm assuming Prince Philip wont be there.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-27-2018, 11:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Even as I typed Sri Lanka I thought that didn't make sense but the phone rang and I had to answer it and then didn't check before clicking post.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I disagree and if Kate' in labor or giving birth, then he should be with his wife. I believe that the people of the UK and in the Commonwealth nations would understand the reason for his absence.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

One thing we won't have to worry or debate over with Meghan possibly attending a state banquet and that is if she's gotten her RFO yet. I think the big question will be if she wears a tiara or not. She may not wear one leaving it to be that the first time she does wear a royal tiara is at her wedding.

I had to laugh at the headlines though stating that Meghan could replace Kate. They fail to allude to the fact that at the time of this state banquet, Kate could be very busy doing something else that prevents her from attending. I can just picture Kate ready to go into labor at the state dinner and standing up and going "Do you deliver?" OK. Bad joke. I'm in a silly mood.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Courtier

I don’t think Meghan would wear a tiara attending a state banquet prior to her wedding, maybe big diamond barrettes....love the joke!
Old 01-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Nobility

I doubt she will be wearing a tiara before her wedding. I assume she will do like Princess Sofia did when she was engaged and had to attend a tiara banquet. She didn't wear one. This happens right before the wedding. They wouldn't do that and I don't really blame them. Her tiara reveal should absolutely be her wedding.

It is smart that Meghan will be involved in all these events so quickly. She really getting a feel for all types of engagements of sorts well before the wedding. I am sure her head is swimming.

And yes Kate will likely be busy giving birth. Even if she still pregnant during this, she will be heavily pregnant and I can't imagine they would want to risk anything.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I doubt she will be wearing a tiara before her wedding. I assume she will do like Princess Sofia did when she was engaged and had to attend a tiara banquet. She didn't wear one. This happens right before the wedding. They wouldn't do that and I don't really blame them. Her tiara reveal should absolutely be her wedding.

It is smart that Meghan will be involved in all these events so quickly. She really getting a feel for all types of engagements of sorts well before the wedding. I am sure her head is swimming.

And yes Kate will likely be busy giving birth. Even if she still pregnant during this, she will be heavily pregnant and I can't imagine they would want to risk anything.
I think it speaks to the Queen's (and likely Philip and Charles and all the major royal players) impression of Meghan and their trust regarding her professional ability to handle herself in the limelight with movers and shakers. If true, this is certainly about as positive an indication of Meghan's welcome and approval in the BRF as we could get, not so?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think William should miss the birth of his third child for any Commonwealth events but he could very easily attend if Kate is not in labour even late on in her pregnancy. At the end of the day Kate is going to be sitting there alone and William would be able to get to the hospital quickly if needed.

Tags
british commonwealth, elizabeth ii, fiji, queen elizabeth ii