The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh: Old Pictures and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An exhibition called 'The Queen: Art & Image' has just opened in the National Portrait Gallery's exhibition in London, England. The exhibition, which opens to the public on May 17, 2012 and runs until October 21, 2012, features a wide-ranging display of images of The Queen from throughout her 60 year reign. Some of the images:
- Portrait of the Queen by Chris Levine titled 'Lightness of Being' (I really love this one)
- Artwork of Her Majesty by Andy Warhol
- Portrait of the Queen by Justin Mortimer
Gallery from Daylife

The one by Levine is beautiful. Dont really care for the others. Levines one is special.

I didn't really know where to put this, but the google header image is in honor of the jubilee at the moment!
google.com.au
jubilee12-hp.jpg

Isn't it great? I think HM would appreciate her 'fur babies' being included too!

Putting this here as maybe more people will see it. A Diamond Jubilee Antiques Roadshow special has just started on BBC 1.

Dman said:
elizabethii: Her Majesty with Her son, Prince...

I was just looking at these old pictures of The Queen & baby Prince Andrew and I started to wonder if Her Majesty still carriage drive?

These are very sweet pictures. Andrew was rather cute as a child.

Dman said:
Such a beautiful, majestic and powerful picture of Her Majesty:
http://elizabethii.tumblr.com/image/32384395987

What always struck me about Her Majesty is her understated regal ness. She doesn't need much to look like a Queen; her demeanor says it all.

I agree. I think she was such a beautiful young Monarch. Even at 86, I think her beauty and youth still show.

Here's another one of my favorite pictures of The Queen-
http://elizabethii.tumblr.com/image/34109272926

I always though she looked great wearing her uniform of the Grenadier Guards. Although I don't think she's able to take part in the Trooping of the Colour on horseback anymore, I think she should go back to wearing her uniform again.

I agree with Daria_S. Amazing picture of HM.

Here is a great gif of the Queen making that vow on her 21st birthday:

Gif

Back
Top Bottom