The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh: Old Pictures and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What beautiful pictures, to celebrate her birthday. :)

Some wonderful archive footage of the Queen as a child wth royal photographer Marcus Adams

BBC News

I was so touched to see HM wearing the same brooch for her diamond wedding Anniversay photo that she wore 60 years ago. [The first and second photos]
Ooops.. I missed looking at the brooches.. was too busy looking at the glances between the two over the years. Amazing collection of photos.. I love them!
I went back and looked... its amazing that in both photos they are looking at each other the same way. Not only did she wear the same brooch, but looked and smiled at him in the exact same way. "whatever being in love is".. this be it.:flowers:

As I have commented and posted to other threads how amazing this collection is.. I think its time to thank the person that posted it.
Fantastic collage of photographs that I think says it all. I surprised myself with even being able to read some of the comments on the photos!
I would love to know what the heck the Queen and Charles were laughing so uproariously at.. that's got to be my favorite picture of the two of them together!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can almost see the question marks above her head in the pic with the football players.

I love looking at these old photos. The Duke and HM look wonderful. What's the most recent official photo the Duke and the Queen have taken together? I can't remember the Queen's official photo either tbh.

In that first one I can definitely see how much Elizabeth looks like her sister Margaret.

I love looking at these old photos. The Duke and HM look wonderful. What's the most recent official photo the Duke and the Queen have taken together? I can't remember the Queen's official photo either tbh.
Check out some of the previous postings for pics of HM and the DoE on their visit to Canada. Official portraits? I'm hoping that for the DoE's 90th there will be one. I'd not be surprised that there's one in the works.

I love the older photos too.. and the portraits. What we don't remember is that HM was as popular, if not more, than Diana was before Fleet Street went for the scandals and what dirt they could find. Ah.. for the days that they respected the monarchy eh?

Thanks for the pictures! :)

Rare pictures

Princess Elizabeth II 1927
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Princess Elizabeth with Prince Charles and Prince Philip taken in 1949

Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip at the Villa Guardamangia , Malta 26th November 1949

Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh with baby Anne. 1950

State visit by Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. Prince Charles and his mother, Princess Elizabeth watch the procession from the wall of Clarence House. 22nd November 1950.

HM Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh leaving Clarence House in their car for the Maundy Money ceremony at Westminster Abbey. 10th April, 1952

Royal family - post coronation 1953 (Elizabeth II)

Queen Elizabeth II and Mr J.Cahill, Premier of NSW at a state banquet in Sydney. 1954

Duke of Edinburgh provides the push for Prince Charles and Princess Anne as they soar up on a swing during the royal family holiday at Balmoral. Queen Elizabeth holds the Dukes dog Candy 14th September 1955

Queen Elizabeth II with Charles and Anne in the 1950s

Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II in evening dress 1961

Queen Elizabeth II on a foreign visit to to Jaipur India - elephant ride 1961

Prince Philip, the Queen, Prince Edward and Prince Andrew, 13, stroll past beds of blazing tulips in a castle garden

Queen Elizabeth II at the Christening of her Grandchild, Master Peter Phillips, son of Princess Anne 1977

Many thanks for reposting. They are wonderful photos, over a long range of years.

Great collection of photos and thank you. I loved the one with the penguins... they paraded in uniform precisement.. :D
Was the one solo portrait of the woman holding or alluding to pointing to some royal badge QEQM in her younger days?

Lovely candids. Princess Margaret was so beautiful.

What a nice group of pictures (too bad the Mail has to constantly emphasize the King's speech problem, although obviously the movie has generated more interest in Queen Elizabeth's girlhood).

The 1936 family portrait is especially wonderful, as one can consider which features Queen Elizabeth pulls from her father and which from her mother. The width of her cheekbones looks to be right in the middle between her two parents; her mouth also seems to be a combination, although the expression really resembles her mother.

Very attractive family, they seem so sweet-natured. I think both the King and the future Queen have similar expressions on their face, a bit more direct with the camera.

Such beautiful pictures of the Queen with her parents! It seems like from her childhood, she has that air of dignity and maturity that we've all come to know and love. It's like she has been preparing to be Queen from early childhood onward.

Long may she reign!

Glorious old photos

One can clearly see PP's wedding ring under his signet.

Back
Top Bottom