The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh: Old Pictures and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duke in his Field Marshall's uniform

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the Duke of Edinburugh in his Australian Field Marshall's uniform?

Picture Gallery

Long to reign over us: Queen Elizabeth II in pictures - Telegraph

Long to reign over us: Queen Elizabeth II in pictures

The Queen is the second-longest reigning monarch in 1,000 years of British history. She has overtaken George III, who reigned for 59 years, 96 days plus 13 extra leap-year days, totalling 21,644 days.
Only one royal ancestor has had greater longevity on the throne: the Queen's great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria.
The Queen, who celebrates her diamond jubilee next year, acceded the throne on February 6, 1952.

In this gallery of 30 images we look back at her life in pictures > here.

Prince Philip Picture Thread

I'm Going To Make a prince philip picture thread and I'd like to see your comments.

pictures of H.M. Queen Elizabeth and young family

Hi guys.

My Grandfather recently passed away and among his possessions was a set of photo postcards from shortly after Prince Charles was borne. I have no need for them and am selling them on Ebay, they can be viewed here - THE ROYAL FAMILY ON THE BALCONY, BUCKINGHAM PALACE VALENTINE & SONS REAL PHOTO | eBay]THE ROYAL FAMILY ON THE BALCONY, BUCKINGHAM PALACE VALENTINE & SONS REAL PHOTO | eBay

that is just one, there are many more.

I read all the stickys and think this is ok, I am not a spammer, just thought you guys would like to see them. If I am breaking form rules then I genuinely apologise and you won't see me repost if this is deleted.

thanks.

The British Royals Message Board: Painting

I like this painting done for their Golden Wedding aniversary, surrounded by pretty much the entire British Royal Family as well as several of their continental relations and friends from Jordan.

That's a pretty impressive painting. A lovely keepsake to commemorate the event of course. I wonder if anything similar will be done for this particular Jubilee.

Wow what a great painting. The detail is incredible. It would be nice if a painting would be done for the diamond jubilee. Anyone know who painted this?

I love these!

Pic Pic2

I love these too. Its like from one photo to the next there's been just a blink of an eye and its the same endearing moment between these two.

Ahhhh romance!

:previous: Thank you for sharing your site with us, Ukroyalist. It's always a delight to watch Her Majesty interact with her public.

It's a real pleasure. It's wonderful to see Her people turn out for her in their thousands.

Last edited:
That's a pretty impressive painting. A lovely keepsake to commemorate the event of course. I wonder if anything similar will be done for this particular Jubilee.

It would be rather nice wouldn't it, if the Queen were to bring Andrew Festing back to do another painting of her with her family when she hosts the luncheon for the foreign monarchs in May especially with the Japanese Imperial couple possibly attending.

Thank you for sharing Artemisia. I don't think I have ever seen any of those pictures. I like the fact that they seem like such a normal family in those pics. Very intimate and loving photos. What treat to see them. :)

You are welcome. :)
The pictures in LadyFinn's post are indeed lovely; it's always nice to see British royals in relaxed, unofficial atmosphere, rather then formal events and portraits.

Yes. I like to think of them as real people. I know that they are royal but they are also human just like all of us. We don't all have titles and we don't all have responsibilities like they do but I think they have emotions and feel like we do. I like seeing them as regular folk. :)

I love these pictures :wub:. I think my favorites are; the kids with the lion cubs, music lesson with Charles and Edward, and kids at the Buckingham Palace Nursery School.

Quite a number of these have been around for years e.g. Charles playing with Edward (was a still from the 1969 film about The Royal Family), the picture of the Queen with Andrew and Edward looking through the family album (a still from a Christmas message), pictures of the nursery school were also around in the late 1960s early 1970s (again I am sure it is a still from the 1969 film).

Even though the film itself hasn't been seen since about 1969/1970 the still have been around as there was also a book published and that book has many of these pictures in it. I have the book somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom