The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
DiamondJubileeFlagsmaller.jpg

:royalstandard:

Saturday 2nd June, 2012

The Queen will attend the Epsom Derby.

Sunday 3rd June, 2012

The Big Jubilee Lunch
Building on the already popular Big Lunch initiative, people will be encouraged to share lunch with neighbours and friends as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. This may take the form of a traditional street party or a picnic lunch in small or larger groups.

The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant
This event will take place on the Thames and consist of up to 1,000 boats assembled from across the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world.
The Queen will travel in the Royal Barge which will lead the flotilla.

Monday 4th June, 2012

BBC Concert at Buckingham Palace
There will be a televised Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace organised by the BBC with tickets being available to UK residents by public ballot.
The musical programme for the concert is still being planned and is expected to feature British and Commonwealth musicians.

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Beacons
A network of 2,012 Beacons will be lit by communities and individuals throughout the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Commonwealth.
As in 2002, The Queen will light the National Beacon.

Tuesday 5th June, 2012

Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession
There will be a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral and a formal carriage Procession by The Queen.

a%20crown.gif

Last edited:
Croydon girl to play to the Queen

...Penny Young will perform to a most prestigious guestlist including the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall, as well Prince William, The Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry as part of the Children's Orchestra at Westminster Hall on June 5...
Source

Timings of the weekend events
Source

Sunday 3 June, 2012

14:30BST – The Queen embarks the Royal barge, the Spirit of Chartwell, near Albert Bridge

16:15BST – The Royal Barge comes alongside HMS President (Royal Naval Reserve Unit), near Tower Bridge

Monday 4 June, 2012

Approximate timings are as follows:

19:30BST – Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace begins

After 22:30BST – The Queen lights the National Beacon outside Buckingham Palace

Tuesday 5 June, 2012

Approximate timings are as follows:

10:15BST – The Queen leaves Buckingham Palace by car

10:30-11.30BST – Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s

12.30BST – The Queen travels by car from Mansion House to the Palace of Westminster

14:20BST – Carriage Procession from Westminster Hall to Buckingham Palace commences

Approximately 15:25BST – Royal Family appear on the Balcony at Buckingham Palace

The Epsom Derby programme has started on BBC1. The atmosphere is clearly very festive. The Queen is due to process down the course shortly.

HM wearing a beautiful royal blue today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is William, Kate & Harry attending the races? I thought they would be attending all the events.

:previous:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were not scheduled to attend Epsom Derby.
All of them will be attending most other events though.

Members of the British Royal Family who attended the Epsom Derby:
- The Queen 1
- The Queen 2
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh 1
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh 2

- Prince Andrew
- Princess Eugenie
- Princess Beatrice
- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

- The Countess of Wessex
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex
- The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
- The Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

Gallery from Daylife

Last edited:
And she's off! The Queen makes first appearance of her Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrations at Epsom Racecourse in Royal blue in front of 130,000 spectators
The Queen was today greeted by cheering crowds as she made her first appearance of her Diamond Jubilee four-day-long weekend of celebrations at Epsom racecourse. Wearing a regal Royal blue coat with matching hat over a white floral gown, Queen Elizabeth smiled and waved as hundreds of thousands of race-goers flew flags and shouted messages of support from the course sidelines covered in bunting. The Queen and Prince Philip were joined by a large party which included the Duke of York and his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie and the monarch's racing manager John Warren.

What a great start to the jubilee. I thought all the royals without exception looked pretty wonderful & the sun came out too. Now if only it doesn't rain on the parade/ pageant

For confirmation purposes I asked and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry , Charles, Camilla and the Yorks and Wessexs' will all be present during Jubilee celebrations unlike today with the absence of Harry, William and Catherine and Charles and Camilla

Also Google is celebrating the Jubilee check it out!
http://www.google.co.uk/

Last edited:
Richard Palmer has given us an "expected" dress code for the next 3 days. Military = Sunday, Lounge suits = Monday, Morning suit = Tuesday.

but, why, why? Kate and will dont go to Epsom derby????????????????

but, why, why? Kate and will dont go to Epsom derby????????????????
I think they didn't go to the Derby because they didn't want to take away the attention from the Queen. Since we'll be seeing them all weekend long I think they figured missing this one wasn't a huge deal. Atleast that's my guess.

Which royals are going to make an appearance today?

I dunno what's going on but now the Diamond Jubilee celebrations thread won't show anything past page 18 and any new posts I put in there don't show up.

I dunno what's going on but now the Diamond Jubilee celebrations thread won't show anything past page 18 and any new posts I put in there don't show up.

I'm on Page 19 and your last post was "Morning all...." :flowers:

The Concert is just starting on BBC1, I don't honestly know which thread this is being discussed in so i'm going to start here. :flowers:

I'm on Page 19 and your last post was "Morning all...." :flowers:

The Concert is just starting on BBC1, I don't honestly know which thread this is being discussed in so i'm going to start here. :flowers:

Is there anyway to watch it online at BBC, becauce the only thing i can find is the radiopart

I'm lucky, the finnish TV shows the concert live on TV.

Earl and Countess of Wessex
View image: 541
Thanks for the picture. :)
The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William, Kate, Beatrice and others are all there - and they appear to be enjoying themselves quite a lot.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to watch it online at BBC, becauce the only thing i can find is the radiopart

Some USA posters were able to watch the pageant on some sites. But the only place I know to watch it is on Iplayer which isn't available outside the UK.

Back
Top Bottom