The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to twitter this is the first time Stevie Wonder has performed for the Queen

Sophie enjoys every second of this concert.
Always swaying to the music. :)

Isn't she lovely?
How fitting is this song?!

Did you see the guys with the t-shirts saying Isn't she lovely? Pre-emptive or what!?

Will i Am again.
Still, as long as Stevie is on the stage, I wouldn't mind seeing even Cheryl and Kylie again.

Don't forget guys, we still have the lighting of the national beacon to come!

Will.I.Am and Stevie Wonder, singing Happy Birthday, again with the Happy Birthday?! Is it an American thing?

OH DEAR, Happy Birthday Your Highness? Please get him off the stage.

I think they are just milking it Lumutqueen, but at least it's good..

Sophie enjoys every second of this concert.
Always swaying to the music. :)

Isn't she lovely?
How fitting is this song?!

:previous:
She is lovely:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Also enjoys and sing Princess Anne :flowers:

oh god will.i.am and stevie doing an awful renedition of Happy birthday im sure the Queen is glad shes got earplugs in for that and then will.i.am calling her your highness - if your at the concert at least get it right!

It is the Queen's Official Birthday so Happy Birthday is a great song.

If you don't bop along with Stevie Wonder then there's something wrong with you.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they were singing happy birthday - kind of embarrassed for them. Obviously someone in their camp didn't do the research.

It looked like the Queen enjoyed Stevie's last song.

These video projections on Buckingham Palace are really cool.

Last edited:
It is the Queen's Official Birthday so Happy Birthday is a great song.

The Queens 'official' birthday is a week on saturday. This event is for the Diamond Jubilee, celebrating 60 years on the throne. Not a birthday, so Happy Birthday is no where near appropriate.

Maybe they're sorta celebrating Trooping at the same time? Since it is next week but I know it's not officially her birthday. My mom is making excuses saying maybe they're saying happy birthday to her 60 years of reign I'm like that still doesn't make sense oh well

How cool is that projection on the Buckingham Palace?!

Singing our house, on Buckingham Palace must be an amazing feeling!

The light show is really cool. Our house in the middle on one's street.

It Must Be Love!
How cool it must be, singing up there on the roof of the Buckingham Palace.

Saturday the 16th June this year. :flowers:
Thanks, I've forgotten the date it is to take place this year; too many exiting events in June! :)

Don't get hung up on the mistakes, folks. It's all done in the right spirit. I'm sure HM is gracious enough to appreciate the sentiment.

Peter Kay dressed as a beefeater!

We are family, i've got all my sisters an me!

Peter kay!! As a beefeater!!

The Queens 'official' birthday is a week on saturday. This event is for the Diamond Jubilee, celebrating 60 years on the throne. Not a birthday, so Happy Birthday is no where near appropriate.
Her offical birthday is the anniversary of her coronation which is this weekend. The only reason the Trooping of the Colour (not her offical birthday) has been moved is because of this celebration on her accession to the throne (on the date of her coronation)

Don't get hung up on the mistakes, folks. It's all done in the right spirit. I'm sure HM is gracious enough to appreciate the sentiment.
Don't think it was a mistake, just another form of tribute. Grace Jones now was a different matter.
According to DM, the Queen is wearing ear plugs - and I don't blame her. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom