The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The younger royals are loving this one! :D
As do I; Crocodile Rock!

For a split second I thought he was going to sing Candle in the Wind too. Thank goodness it was Your Song.

Elton can really get the crowd going.

I love seeing the royals clap and sing along to Crocodile Rock.

It was sung at the Diana concert in 2007. That is the only connection I have with that song and to sing it infront of the BRF is silly to me. I wasn't confusing it with Candle In The Wind, that would have been even worse.

Sophie and the younger royals enjoying Elton especially prince william

Rob Brydon is my favourite presenter tonight,Jimmy Carr comes next.

Please, tell me I wasn't the only one singing the song in front of the screen?! :cool:

It was sung again at her memorial service in 2007. That is the only connection I have with that song and to sing it infront of the BRF is silly to me.

True Elton did open the Diana Concert with 'Your Song' but its a bigger hit than just to be associated with that event for the majority people. Personally i think Elton is overrated at these sort of concerts - i saw him at Diana Concert and was disappointed by him and his ego

Last edited:
Rolf really wants that knighthood?
Anyone notice Catherine's huge sparkler behind HM's head?

It was sung at the Diana concert in 2007. That is the only connection I have with that song and to sing it infront of the BRF is silly to me. I wasn't confusing it with Candle In The Wind, that would have been even worse.
Didn't know that. For me, the only song associated with Diana's funeral is The Candle in the Wind.
But perhaps a bad judgement singing it nonetheless.

Rolf Harris is my favourite today.
Meaningful, heartfelt words, and a wonderful tribute.

Didn't know that. For me, the only song associated with Diana's funeral is The Candle in the Wind.
But perhaps a bad judgement singing it nonetheless.

Music did not cease to be popular just because it was sung at a concert for Diana.

The next generations on film! Lenny Henry and an impression of Charles!

What a wonderful, beautiful footage. :)

Can someone please lock Rolf Harris up before he takes over the entire stage for the rest of the night - enough thank you

Princess Anne singing and Tim Laurence.

- To be fair to the guy, Lenny just asked him to sing because clearly someone's late for performing. He wouldn't have been singing otherwise.

Can someone please lock Rolf Harris up before he takes over the entire stage for the rest of the night - enough thank you

Oh, but Rolf Harris is brilliant.
Love Princess Anne singing too.

STEVIE WONDER! Knew it from the first word!!

If you asked the British public what they associate with Your Song I'm pretty sure 90% would say - John Lewis Christmas advert.

Beautiful Day by U2 played by the orchestra, much improved by the lack of Bono but then most things are improved by a lack of Bono.

Stevie sounds wonderful!

The video montage of the Queen was beautiful. I noticed they included a lot of footage of the two next in line - Charles and William.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom