The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The crowd chanting Philip, Philip, Philip!

Mummy...awww! I loved the shout for Prince Philip to get well.

What a wonderful speech from Prince Charles.

Such a brilliant speech from Prince Charles.
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Is it me, or the Queen has tears in her eyes?

I doubt many people are singing the second verse!

Nice speech by Charles and im sure the Queen was touched by the public's response for Philip

By the way for those in Germany, MDR and WDR are curently airing the concert from the beginning again.

Lighting the National Beacon!

That's HUGE! The last of 4200 beacons!

- Where's HEY JUDE? :'(

Magnificent fireworks display and equally wonderful music. :fireworks:

Fireworks - this should be amazing glad the BBC are so far shutting up and letting us enjoy it free of commentary and silly stuff

Can someone tell me what the song is that's playing right now? It's the second song in the set and I can't remember it! First it was Zadok, then it was this one, now it's land of hope and glory.

It's crystal.

It's I Vow to Thee My Country, which incorporates music from Holst's Planet Suite. I adore it and it always brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MG27BKwjaI

Can someone tell me what the song is that's playing right now? It's the second song in the set and I can't remember it! First it was Zadok, then it was this one, now it's land of hope and glory.

It's from Holst's Jupiter from his Planets suite, also used as the tune for I Vow to Thee My Country.

I'm weeping like a baby! How moving. Loved every second of it.

It's I Vow to Thee My Country, which incorporates music from Holst's Planet Suite. I adore it and it always brings tears to my eyes.

That's it! Thank you.

Well despite, not playing Hey Jude, awful displays of fashion and horrendous singing voices. Tom Jones, Alfie Boe and Shirley Bassey made up for 'foul play'. Lovely evening but I am most looking forward to tomorrow. :flowers:

The END was spectacular and Prince Charles's speech breathtaking -> MUMMY!!! :britflag::fireworks:

can anybody tell me if bbc tomorrow airs the service as well? thanks!

THAT was LOUD!
People chanting Get Well! And the Queen looks very touched.

For some silly reason I got all teary eyed when he spoke about his mother & father. Great speech by Charles.

I thought that was an amazing show! I was happy to see The Queen and PoW and Duchess of Cornwall come on stage at the end and thought the speech Charles gave was superb. The prolonged cheer for Prince Philip was touching, and loud enough that, who knows, maybe he DID hear it from his hospital room!

I think they are airing the service (or at least parts of it) but I'm not sure. BBC was just mentioning it. By the way Annie Lennox was terrible ...

can anybody tell me if bbc tomorrow airs the service as well? thanks!

Yes; coverage on BBC1 starts at 09.15 UK time, which is 04.15 EST and 01.15 PST.

Now i'm off to search for Alfie Boe's performance ;)

That's it! Thank you.

Well despite, not playing Hey Jude, awful displays of fashion and horrendous singing voices. Tom Jones, Alfie Boe and Shirley Bassey made up for 'foul play'. Lovely evening but I am most looking forward to tomorrow. :flowers:

I suspect Sir Paul is saving Hey Jude for the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Singing it live to a worldwide audience within 7 weeks of each other would dilute the effect a bit.

I also think that's why there's a lot fewer fireworks this time when compared with the Golden Jubilee. The Opening ceremony of the Games always incorporate loads of fireworks.

Last edited:
My kingdom for a video of Prince Charles's speech...

Prince Charles gives the best speeches:wub: HM was so touched and so was I. just perfect

Back
Top Bottom