The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: June 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
DiamondJubileeFlagsmaller.jpg

The Diamond Jubilee
Service of Thanksgiving

and
Carriage Procession

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Tuesday is the ‘ceremonial’ day.
The Queen and her family will travel by car to St Paul’s Cathedral (via Trafalgar Square, the Strand and Fleet Street) for the national Service of Thanksgiving.

After a reception at the Mansion House, she will be driven to Westminster Hall for lunch with 700 ordinary people.

Finally, at 2.20pm, she joins a family carriage procession back to the Palace.

It will be like the Royal Wedding all over again (minus the dress).

The roads will then open up and the crowds can flock down to the Palace for a 3.30pm balcony appearance, a colossal flypast and a cascade of gunfire by the Queen’s Guard.

While that concludes the main national events, the anniversary is far from over for the 86-year-old Queen.
The following week, her national Jubilee tour resumes.
Next stop: Nottingham.

Coach.jpg
. . . . .
Coach.jpg
. . . . .
Coach.jpg

Last edited:
The National Service of Thanksgiving
to Celebrate the Diamond Jubilee
of Her Majesty The Queen

pages 1-11
(page 3 blank)

Attachments

• Service 3.jpg
    Service 3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 428
  • Service 4.jpg
    Service 4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 736
  • Service 5.jpg
    Service 5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 442
  • Service 1.jpg
    Service 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 353
  • Service 6.jpg
    Service 6.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Service 7.jpg
    Service 7.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Service 8.jpg
    Service 8.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Service 9.jpg
    Service 9.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Service 10.jpg
    Service 10.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Service 11.jpg
    Service 11.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
of Her Majesty The Queen

pages12-19

Attachments

• Service 14.jpg
    Service 14.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Service 15.jpg
    Service 15.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Service 13.jpg
    Service 13.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Service 12.jpg
    Service 12.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 396
  • Service 16.jpg
    Service 16.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 314
  • Service 17.jpg
    Service 17.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Service 18.jpg
    Service 18.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Service 19.jpg
    Service 19.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
of Her Majesty The Queen

pages 20-26

Attachments

• Service 20.jpg
    Service 20.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Service 21.jpg
    Service 21.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Service 22.jpg
    Service 22.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Service 23.jpg
    Service 23.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Service 24.jpg
    Service 24.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Service 25.jpg
    Service 25.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 422
  • Service 26.jpg
    Service 26.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Re-enacting the Royal Wedding: Kate and Wills to join the Queen on carriage ride celebrating Diamond Jubilee
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will retrace the route they took on their wedding day for the first time, the Palace announced today. Marking their first formal carriage ride since tying the knot last April, the royal couple will join the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh on a journey through the streets of Westminster via Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards and The Mall to Buckingham Palace.

I am surprised after having read the plan for the Jubilee that only Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry will be in carriages to and from the Service. From the Golden Jubilee, Andrew, his girls, the Wessex duo (at the time only a duo) Anne's family all travelled by carriage. A bit disappointing I have to say, I love a good old carriage procession!

For the Jubilee thread:

Buckingham Palace reveal full details of Queen's Diamond Jubilee procession route - and the public can win tickets to watch the cavalcade
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be joined by senior members of the Royal Family – including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – for a glittering procession through the streets of London to mark her Diamond Jubilee. The open-topped carriage ride will take place on Tuesday June 5 following a lunch in her honour as part of the extended Jubilee weekend celebrations, Buckingham Palace announced yesterday. Ten thousand free tickets will be given away in a public ballot to watch the cavalcade from a seated area opposite Buckingham Palace.

Wonder if one needs to be a UK resident to try the lottery. I'm dying to go to London for the Jubilee Weekend, and if I were to win the tickets, I'd probably sell some organs on the black market to get there.

Pssssst.... you probably could do better with donating a top of the line pipe organ to Westminster Abbey in honor of the Jubilee. :whistling:
I'd seriously would love to be there myself but it doesn't seem feasible so I'll just hope for excellent coverage.

Pssssst.... you probably could do better with donating a top of the line pipe organ to Westminster Abbey in honor of the Jubilee. :whistling:

I'd seriously would love to be there myself but it doesn't seem feasible so I'll just hope for excellent coverage.

If I had the resources for that, I won't need to worry about winning anything to attend these events :ROFLMAO: :D. Though I'm sure something like this will be donated (if it hasn't been already).

The Queen is to exclude almost 30 members of her family from the royal balcony appearance next weekend. It will now only include HM, Prince Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry.

The Queen is to exclude almost 30 members of her family from the royal balcony appearance next weekend. It will now only include HM, Prince Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry.
Oh, I do hope that's not true. :sad:
I always look forward to the appearance of the entire family on the balcony, titled and untitled members alike.

Artemisia said:
Oh, I do hope that's not true. :sad:
I always look forward to the appearance of the entire family on the balcony, titled and untitled members alike.

Confirmed by BP, it is to reflect the next generations. Which I find so disrespectful to the other members of the family who work on behalf of HM.

...Which I find so disrespectful to the other members of the family who work on behalf of HM.
Agreed. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Gloucesters, the Kents, Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra - they have all earned the right.
Such a shame, really. I hope it does not become a tradition.

Artemisia said:
Agreed. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Gloucesters, the Kents, Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra - they have all earned the right.
Such a shame, really. I hope it does not become a tradition.

Certainly earned it more than William, Catherine and Harry. I know they're the next generation but don't forget it's the current one that's working right now.

It is to reflect the carriage ride which only has those 7 riding. HM, Charles and William in the first and Camilla, Philip, Harry and Catherine in the second.

:previous:
Agree Artemisia this is not a good news.Such a shame, they all work hard for HM, Princess Alexandra from the beginning :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thesy could have included at last all of HM's children and grandchidlren in the Carriage Procession like 10 years ago. I find it also disappointing that there is no Carriage Procession to St. Pauls Cathedral like for the Silver and Golden Jubilee's.

Confirmed by BP, it is to reflect the next generations. Which I find so disrespectful to the other members of the family who work on behalf of HM.

I couldn't agree more. I am very disappointed and more than a bit puzzled.

This might seem harsh, but I don't have a problem with the number of royals on the balcony being cut down. All of these royals who undertake public duties on behalf of the Queen have done pretty well out of the bargain.

Anne, Andrew and Edward have each been given big country estates bought and paid for by the Queen. Then there's the Kents and Gloucesters who have had grace and favour apartments in KP for decades, with the rent for Prince and Princess Michael of Kent costing the Queen (until recently) £120,000 per year alone. Foreign travel, chauffeur driven cars, use of the royal helicopter, invitations to high profile events, police protection during engagements and in some cases 24/7, invitations to VIP events etc. etc.

When you think about it, while they've helped HM fulfil her duties and I have no doubt that she appreciates their support greatly, HM has essentially supported them from her own pocket for decades. It's time for the focus to go on Charles and Camilla taking on more of the Queen and DoE's duties, and also William and Catherine (and eventually Harry) becoming full time working royals. While I'm sure the wider family would've liked to be on the balcony, I'll bet they can understand HM's decision and acknowledge that the Queen has been very good to them all over the years.

This may well be an indication of where HM sees the monarchy going over the next years - a smaller royal family focussed on HM, the DoE, and the Waleses.

Thank you Artemisia. The pictures of the streets in London are great. How festive and fun. It makes me wish I could be there. What a wonderful time it will be.

....This may well be an indication of where HM sees the monarchy going over the next years - a smaller royal family focussed on HM, the DoE, and the Waleses.

I think this Jubilee is very much a move about positioning the next generation of the royal family. Charles has a PR problem; he is not as beloved as his mother and mixed with the political climate in some of the commonwealth countries, there is talk of eliminating the monarchy and the passing of QEII would seem like a natural break.

I think the Clarence House court is using these Jubilee celebrations as a foundation for passing the torch in the future ...in addition to celebrating HM's accomplishments.

This fits consistently to the message sent last weekend when entertaining the crowned heads. I feel that it was very conscious decision that Charles & Camilla did not attend the luncheon where they would have been reduced to 'one of the many family members'. By hosting the crowned heads separately at Buckingham Palace puts Charles on a more elevated and equal level with crowned heads.

I dont feel Charles is in anyway disrespectful of this mother, I just feel he is trying to elevate himself (and by extension Will & Harry) from the rest of the family; perhaps redefining going forward who is considered a senior royal and a lesser royal. The balcony appearance will be an iconic photograph - generations of monarachs. Subtle, but effective.

I'm not sure it's Clarence House making these decisions though. I would have thought the decision about who is on the balcony would be the Queen's and not the Prince's. Similarly, the Jubilee celebrations would be approved by the Queen. It's not a case of Clarence House trying to muscle in.

I'm disappointed the entire family won't be on the balcony. Personally I'd rather see anybody else than yet another event with the media focusing on Kate (not her fault I know).

:previous: I dont think of it as Clarence House muscling in - but there are essentially 2 courts and I do believe that the POWs office is working in conjunction with BP and how this is being positioned. I do believe HM has of course agreed to this, and it is probably better in the long run for the monarchy - but this definitely feels as though this tone/message was set by the POWs office.

I agree, Michelle. But, I don't think this is necessarily Clarence House's initiative. I think the Queen is clever enough to admit that her reputation in the eyes of her subjects has probably never been higher. I don't think it's overstating things to say that she is a beloved figure in the hearts and minds of the big majority of her people. This gives her an opportunity to use some of the groundswell of admiration and respect for her to benefit her son and heir.

Let's face it, her reputation is cemented now and the reputation of the Cambridges is rising all the time. I think the Queen is very aware that she probably could do a bit more to let the people know that she believes that Charles has what it takes to be King; that she's proud of the amazing work he's done as PoW; that she is confident of his ability to fulfil the role; that the future of the monarchy is Charles as well as William.

There's also the fact that the smaller balcony group reinforces and validates the positions of Camilla and Kate and is a way of saying, yes the last 60 years have been wonderful but these are the people who will lead you through the next 60 years and I'm confident in their ability to do so.

absolutely agree!!!

Well, this is disappointing news. I know there have been several additions to the family since 2002 (more grandchildren, more spouses etc.), but I do think it is a bit disappointing that all the Queen's children are not going to be on the balcony. Anne was at the Coronation, she should at least have been allowed to be present. I will still obviously watch the balcony and carriage rides (once I return from Spain, where I will be spending the Jubilee by the poooool), but I will be a bit disappointed to not see Andrew and co. on the balcony. I had sort of hoped this would have be Viscount Severn's big balcony moment! Now that is not going to happen, haha!

I agree that this is their way of slimming down the Royal family, focusing on the next generation. I am all for a slimmer Royal family, but you cannot discredit what the Queen's other children and their spouses, as well as her cousins, have done for the family. If I were them, i'd feel a bit jippped at this news.

Very, very disappointing news indeed. Anne, Andrew, Edward & Sophie are her blood and hard working. They too just be part of the celebration.

:previous:
Agree Artemisia this is not a good news.Such a shame, they all work hard for HM, Princess Alexandra from the beginning :sad:

oh so so sad! I really want to see all the royal family together!
a official photo may be?:ermm:

Could the balcony handle all the people standing on it. Even with just The Queen Children, spouses and children that would be around 20 people. I don't remember too many pictures with that many people though I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom