The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: June 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The weather in London is currently looking abit dodgy for the weekend, so I do hope the most we'll get are a few showers and nothing more. But I am worried about the carriage procession! Not wishing to raise the Golden State Coach question again as that has been answered, but I wonder if it will be on standby in case of rain? The 1902 State Landau can be covered, but only has small windows, whereas the GSC has alot of windows!

I think it was said somewhere that in case of rain the Australian State Coach will be used.

The Queen not having her own children on the balcony is a major snub to them in my opinion. This is a celebration of her 60 year reign not another pr exercise for Clarence House. Anne, Andrew and Edward have never been disloyal to their mother, unlike Charles, and their participation in her reign deserves to be acknowledged.

I understand and agree with downsizing the monarchy but we're not talking about Princess Michael pushing her way to the centre of the balcony at Trooping the Colour, we're talking about excluding The Queens own children from a balcony appearance to celebrate her reign. It's a very cynical pr move. I would rather see her 4 children appear with her than William and Harry.

I hope the weather stays dry for everyone in London this weekend. The Jubilee will eclipse the Olympics. There won't be another monarch like her in our lifetimes and unless the unthinkable happens another Diamond Jubilee.

The Queen not having her own children on the balcony is a major snub to them in my opinion. This is a celebration of her 60 year reign not another pr exercise for Clarence House. Anne, Andrew and Edward have never been disloyal to their mother, unlike Charles, and their participation in her reign deserves to be acknowledged.

First off, warm greetings and welcome to TRF Thorstein! I hope you find being here as informative as I have and feel among friends.

I have never seen or heard of anything that would indicate that Charles in any way has ever been disloyal to his mother or the Crown. If anything, he's been the hardest working and most prepared Prince of Wales in history.

Along with this being a celebration of HM's 60 year reign, to me, it is also a celebration of the monarchy in general. Most of us alive cannot remember a time when there was someone else on the throne besides Elizabeth and for a lot of people that symbolizes continuity and a sense of security in good times and in bad. To me it is not unusual for the currently reigning monarch to show that she's very much aware that continuity needs to and will continues into the future and is taking steps to assure her people that this will be so. These subtle glimpses of the future of the UK and the Commonwealth shows how much HM has faith in her line of succession and paints a picture of hope. Most likely, this has been worked out ages ago as the "Firm" never does anything without it being carefully planned out and I seriously doubt that any member of the royal family hold any objection to the reasoning behind the message HM is trying to portray.

With all this in mind, I have a gut feeling that after the Jubilee celebrations are over and done with and the Olympic games finished, we're going to be seeing the Queen and the DoE being able to take things much easier and the Charles, Camilla, William, and Kate taking on more and more of the workload with the rest of the family in full support.

Morning all here we go with the updates
Royal Insight ‏@Royalinsight

People are still camped outside Buckingham Palace and waiting for the big day tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/hOoEoDOo
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee Good morning from St Paul's Cathedral on this final day of Jubilee celebrations http://pic.twitter.com/D5Ax610r
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal No update from Buck Palace on the Duke's condition at this stage - more later. Who will accompany #Queen to Mansion House? #Harry?
Some great photos of the family at the concert:
http://i47.tinypic.com/jq5gcx.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/30li2bn.jpg
https://twitter.com/#!/RoyalDickie
Dickie Arbiter ‏@RoyalDickie Just done BBC Breakfast from St Paul's - beginning to get very busy here and it's dry
Rafe Heydel-Mankoo ‏@RafHM
At Buckingham Palace with Sky News sporadically from 6-8am. Lovely to be in a dry studio on this soggy weekend. #diamondjubilee

Last edited:
Changes to the program have been added due to Philip's illness
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee Am hearing there might be changes in who travels with whom in which Carriage/Limo due to Duke absence #queen
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #diamondjubilee subtle changes expected with Prince Philip absence ie who might attend Westminster Hall lunch with the #queen
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter Waiting to see who will travel with HM today. Queen & Charles? Queen with Harry? Queen with Charles & Camilla? Can't imagine she'll be alone

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling @victoriaarbiter Queen with #Kate?! Now there's a win double! #Jubilee
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine The final day of the #diamondjubilee weekend is one of pomp and pageantry. Will the rain hold off for the procession? Fingers crossed!
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter @PetiteHRH a decision will be made by those organizing today's events but will need to be approved by HM. Rain is set to role in around 3pm.
Rafe Heydel-Mankoo ‏@RafHM 8am, 6hrs before the balcony appearance, and there is already a long queue outside Buckingham Palace. #diamondjubilee

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror At St Paul's this morning for the Queen's thanksgiving service

Last edited:
The Queen is likely to travel in a carriage with Charles and Camilla today due to the absence of the Duke of Edinburgh:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt When the Queen travels from Westminster Hall to Buckingham Palace she's likely to travel in a carriage with Charles and Camilla. #royal

The Queen is likely to travel in a carriage with Charles and Camilla today due to the absence of the Duke of Edinburgh:
wbenson can you guys move my posts with updates bout the service/procession/flypast from the Jubilee weekend thread to here?

ETA: Thank you!

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine Waiting to go in to St Paul's for the #diamondjubilee service. Men in scarlet uniform and lovely ladies in hats everywhere!
impromptu cheering of LONG LIVE THE QUEEN is overriding the protesters.

Last edited:
I am disappointed about the carriage procession to be honest, but i am sure everything will look great either way. A statement has said that Lady Louise is attending. That makes me happy!

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #diamondjubilee I'm hearing Prince Charles will accompany #queen in carriage later - Expecting a rejig of seating...
Seating will also be re-arranged

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal Buck palace telling me we're unlikely to get update on Duke for now as he would want today to be about #queen and celebrations
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Queen, Charles and Camilla will be in the 1902 State Landau. William, Kate and Harry will be in a State Laundau. Just two carriages.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Queen and Philip were supposed to sit ahead of other royals. HM will now sit in the same row alongside Prince Charles.
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes St Paul's Cathedral filling up for the National Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate HM Diamond Jubilee http://pic.twitter.com/w46VL4AC
Katie Nicholl ‏@katienicholl
Backstage with the BBC at Buckingham Palace. Royal wedding deja vu!
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail I am told the Queen will now be accompanied by her lady in waiting in her official car and Charles & Camilla in her carriage

https://twitter.com/#!/RE_DailyMail
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The Duke of Edinburgh is said to be 'desperately upset' he is missing today's service of thanksgiving for the Queen

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse
A service @StPaulsLondon, two receptions, lunch at Westminster Hall, a Carriage Procession, Balcony appearance & Flypast #DiamondJubilee

Last edited:
Are there any possibilities to watch the service at St.-Pauls-Cathedral via internet? BBC will only broadcast it for all who are in the UK, but not abroad!

I am disappointed about the carriage procession to be honest, but i am sure everything will look great either way. A statement has said that Lady Louise is attending. That makes me happy!

I'm so glad to hear that! I hope she can give her Granny a little of sunshine, since Prince Philip can't be there, and I'd imagine that Her Majesty may feel a bit subdued.

less then half an hour till coverage should begin though the Queen won't leave BP till 10:15am

BBC America's coverage is starting now (HD feed on the east coast, at least). I'm trying to stay awake and highly regretting those two glasses of red wine that I had after dinner. But I'm sure this will be worth the lack of sleep. :flowers:

k I'm off now going to make sure my coverage begins taping a-ok and then gonna hop into bed and fall asleep with the tv on CBC HD since I have to wake up in a few hrs to make sure it doesn't cut coverage too early.

BBC One has long since started the coverage.
They just showed people waiting outside, some of them apparently there back from last night's concert.

Aaaaarrrrrgggg!!! BBC Canada just cut into the service randomly!! Dude, seriously?!?!? Not a fan of the Beeb Canada right now.

At least CBC is just starting with a "hello and welcome" and didn't just all of a sudden come back from a commercial and was like "oh, hello!, we're not going to show you that show you were just watching, we're just going to all of a sudden cut to the coverage of the jubilee service of thanksgiving in the middle of whereever BBC One is with no warning - enjoy "

Last edited:

I'm so glad to hear that! I hope she can give her Granny a little of sunshine, since Prince Philip can't be there, and I'd imagine that Her Majesty may feel a bit subdued.

:previous:
I'm also happy that Lady Louise is attending :flowers::flowers::flowers:, but still disappointed because all children and grandchildren of HM can not be in carriage procession :ermm:

Last edited:
is the time schedule online somewhere? bbc's was too fast for me :(

Aaaaarrrrrgggg!!! BBC Canada just cut into the service randomly!! Dude, seriously?!?!? Not a fan of the Beeb Canada right now.
BBC World News and CBC are soo diff from each other it's just laughable tbh
btw did you get my pm?

is the time schedule online somewhere? bbc's was too fast for me :(
yep here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...our-guide-final-day-Jubilee-celebrations.html

Canada's prime minister just arrived.

Last edited:
Well spirits in The mall are high! We arrived about an hour ago and are about two rows back. Two mini buses carrying Lord Linley and family, Lady Sarah Chatto and family, Peter and Autumn Phillips and Zara and Mike just went by!

The Service is due to start at 10.30am,I'm watching it live on the BBC since 9am.Lots of coffee brewing!

It really must be a special occasion - Samantha Cameron's wearing an actual hat! :ohmy:

Zara and Mike arrive at St.Paul cathedral

It really must be a special occasion - Samantha Cameron's wearing an actual hat! :ohmy:
That was what I thought too! :lol:
She isn't much an hat person, is she? Not even for the royal wedding.

Zara, Mike, Peter and Autumn are already in the Cathedral, as are the Linleys, Armstrong-Jones', and Chattos.

CBC showed Mike and Zara walking in, the Beeb missed it talking to someone about the weather. Hope the Beeb does better with the rest of the RF!!

Back
Top Bottom