The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG...just when you didn't think it was possible to top the horrid shoes at lunch, comes this disaster. She looks like a Wal-Mart version of a prom queen.
I can only imagine the eyebrows being raised upon her arrival.

That is worse than the worst prom queen dress/bridesmaids dress that ever existed. Someone would have to work hard to create something that bad and then search very hard to find some woman who would think she looked nice in it.

:previous:

Let's face it. That's hillarious !

Just imagine the Empress of Japan or the Queen of Sweden in front of that " huuum, eer, hello!"

Made my day :ROFLMAO:

I've decided that Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko are my new favourite people. I just love them.
me too! i just love them. they both look so elegant and charming

:previous:
I'm with you girls. :)
I've always respected the Imperial couple, and lately that has grown into real admiration. Amazing couple!

You know what? Fair play to her. She's obviously decided to just go for it. These are her 15 minutes and she's gonna make the most of them. Her husband controls the purse strings no doubt, and he's obviously happy to oblige her. It's got us talking I suppose?

Such great photos! Thanks to everyone who posted!

You know what? Fair play to her. She's obviously decided to just go for it. These are her 15 minutes and she's gonna make the most of them. Her husband controls the purse strings no doubt, and he's obviously happy to oblige her. It's got us talking I suppose?

and think of the entertainment she is providing for those attending (and the staff) ... rather boring if they were all beautiful and elegant. Camilla probably heard about the shoes at the luncheon and was dying to see what she would wear tonight.... will provide great stories

Does anyone think Prince Philip can resist causing a diplomatic incident when he sets eyes on Ms Lambikiza? I don't see how he could possibly stop himself from commenting on, shall we say, certain aspects of her appearance tonight.

LOL, Barbie would kill for Mrs Mswati's dress!

I loved to see Empress Michiko in a kimono! She looked so lovely and beautiful.

Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia should have a copy of that dress made in every colour she fancies; the shape of it really flatters her. She's got a challenging build to work with, and she looks great in this dress.

I do not understand why the biggest royal event, perhaps of this century, is lunch with the Queen and no-tiara event with hosted by Prince Charles. If the Queen wanted a low-key event why invite all the royal guests from around the world. I find a real disconnect with this particular part of the celebration. It simply does not make sense.

I thought the young king from Bhutan and his new wife were supposed to attend? Anyone see them? Or hear why they were not there?

I've spent a while trying to catch up and been hoping to see pictures of them, so hoping someone can answer your questions :flowers:

Where was Charles and Camilla at the luncheon....I've seen no pictures of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom