The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absent Friends.

I've spent a while trying to catch up and been hoping to see pictures of them, so hoping someone can answer your questions :flowers:
The Bhutanese Royal family are`nt the only absentees. The Cambodian Royal family is not represented and given that several deposed Monarchs are in attendance, it`s surprising to learn that former King Guyanendra of Nepal is absent, the UK and Nepal are long standing allies after all. Perhaps they are being represented by their diplomats in London? I am personally disappointed that neither the Empress Farah Diba or Crown Prince of Iran, appear to have been invited. The late Shah was a great friend of the UK and paid a state visit to our country, in the mid-70`s. His wife has endured her 30+ years in exile with great dignity and their son is a credit to his memory.

platinum? thats awesome, she seems healthy so far, so im sure she'll stay around in the next years to come. i hope i live to see the next jubilee happening, so far this one is been splendid.

Charlene's gown is stunning! She looks amazing. Thanks for all of the pictures and updates everyone!

The Bhutanese Royal family are`nt the only absentees. The Cambodian Royal family is not represented and given that several deposed Monarchs are in attendance, it`s surprising to learn that former King Guyanendra of Nepal is absent, the UK and Nepal are long standing allies after all. Perhaps they are being represented by their diplomats in London? I am personally disappointed that neither the Empress Farah Diba or Crown Prince of Iran, appear to have been invited. The late Shah was a great friend of the UK and paid a state visit to our country, in the mid-70`s. His wife has endured her 30+ years in exile with great dignity and their son is a credit to his memory.

It was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that Buckingham palace said that all the world's monarchs were invited, so I am assuming that members of the Bhutanese and Cambodian families simply decided not to attend for whatever reasons. That may well be the case for Empress Farah and the Nepalese as well.

Where was Queen Beatrix tonight? Wasn't she attending the dinner?

Didn't see any pics of her. Maybe she decided to spend the night with Mabel and the girls.

From what the news read, it was only The Crown Prince of Japan that has attended both the coronation and today's events.

According to Emperor Akihito himself, he and King Albert of Belgium are the only two royals who attended both the coronation and today's events. Prince Akihito, age 19, represented Emperor Showa, while Prince Albert, age 18, stood in for King Baudouin.

Reflections on the occasion of the Visits to foreign counries - The Imperial Household Agency
(Thanks to Neville at GRMB for link)

Sheikha Mozah and Sheikh Hamad didn't attend Prince Charles Banquet?
There are no pictures of either, so I'd assume they didn't. They weren't the only royals to miss the banquet; Queen Beatrix and several others weren't anywhere to be seen as well. Of course, it may just be there are no pictures available.

How wonderful to see William and Catherine FINALLY in pictures with other royals and not people like Beckham and such low. He will be king one day and it is important he and his wife get to know the other royals. I think they all look wonderful and so happy and relaxed with each other. Fabulous pictures of them all.

Does anyone know if the Cambridges, Harry, and the York girls attended the evening dinner? I'd love to see pictures if they did. They all looked fabulous this afternoon -- Granny must have been very proud.

Hey Where Will e Kate??????????????
What designer do the dress of Kate?

Does anyone know if the Cambridges, Harry, and the York girls attended the evening dinner? I'd love to see pictures if they did. They all looked fabulous this afternoon -- Granny must have been very proud.
They were scheduled to attend the luncheon only; since there are no pictures of them at the dinner, it's safe to assume there was no last-minute change of plans.
All the younger royals - William, Kate, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie - did a very good job for the day reception; I am sure Her Majesty is very proud of her grandchildren.

Where was Queen Beatrix tonight? Wasn't she attending the dinner?

No Queen Beatrix did not attend this evening's dinner. It also appears that the King and Queen of the Belgians didn't attend. Here is the official list of attendees:

THE QUEEN'S DINNER GUEST LIST

British Royal Family
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Duke of York
HRH The Earl of Wessex
HRH The Countess of Wessex
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
HRH The Duke of Kent
HRH Prince Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy

Guests
HM The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei
HM Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha (Brunei)
HM King Simeon II of the Bulgarians
HM Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians
HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
HRH Prince Henrik, The Prince Consort (Denmark)
HM King Constantine of the Hellenes
HM Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes
HM The Emperor of Japan
HM The Empress of Japan
HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HM Queen of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HH Sheikh Nasser Mohamed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait
HM King Letsie III of Lesotho
HM Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho
HSH Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein
HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg
HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
HSH The Prince of Monaco
HSH The Princess of Monaco
HRH Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco
HM The King of Norway
HM The Queen of Norway
HM King Michael I of Romania
HRH Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
HRH Prince Mohamed Bin Nawaf Bin Abdulaziz (Saudi)
HM King Mswati III of Swaziland
HRH Inkhosikati LaMbikiza of Swaziland
HM The King of Sweden
HM The Queen of Sweden
HRH The Crown Prince of Thailand
HRH Princess Srirasm of Thailand
HM The King of Tonga
HM The Queen of Tonga
HH The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi
HRH The Crown Prince of Yugoslavia
HRH The Crown Princess of Yugoslavia

Why was Princess Anne and her family absent in today's events?

Anne was bringing the Olympic torch from Greece to Cornwall. Her children are private citizens.

It's not only the shoes that are awful, but that dress!

have we seen any pictures of the Queen and Philip at the dinner?

Picture of the month for Britain in June? ;)
They look like friends greeting each other not monarchs, jt's easy to forget they are more than monarchs,

Possibly... Or it could be our Informal Picture of the Month for June since the theme is Jubilee Celebrations, lol. We haven't started discussing our options yet.

And, with respect to the Swaziland dress... It's a quinceanera dress. An over-the-top, insanely ruffled quinceanera dress.

I am very new to all this but could someone explain why the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would not attend a dinner hosted by her son to celebrate her Jubilee, would not attend?

Probably because they'll have spoken to all the guests earlier in the day so didn't really need to be there. Prince Charles couldn't attend the earlier luncheon, so it makes sense that he would take the opportunity to entertain the guests when they're all here already.

There's going to be a big military parade in Windsor this morning, with HM and the DoE present. I know they're in great shape for their age, but hosting a big lunch, then attending a dinner and heading back to Windsor for an early-ish start might just have been asking too much of them at their age. In much the same way, the Queen hosted a pre-wedding dinner for royals at William and Kate's wedding last year, but W&K didn't actually attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom