The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a bit confused... are the Queen and Prince Phillip attending tonight? or is this just C&C?

Where was Charles and Camilla at the luncheon....I've seen no pictures of them?
I doubt they attended; neither of them were listed among the British royals that were to attend the luncheon, presumably because of an earlier commitment. However, since Charles and Camilla are now hosting the dinner, we will probably have a chance to see both.

Im a bit confused... are the Queen and Prince Phillip attending tonight? or is this just C&C?
As far as I understand, they are to attend. However, as stars of the evening, it is likely they'll be the last to arrive.

I think only 2 Royals attended Elisabeth’s II coronation and now attend the Diamond Jubilee.
King Albert II of the Belgians then Prince of Liege
The Emperor of Japan then Crown Prince of Japan

I doubt they attended; neither of them were listed among the British royals that were to attend the luncheon, presumably because of an earlier commitment. However, since Charles and Camilla are now hosting the dinner, we will probably have a chance to see both.

As far as I understand, they are to attend. However, as stars of the evening, it is likely they'll be the last to arrive.

thats what I was expecting was for them to be the last arrival. thanks

I think only 2 Royals attended Elisabeth’s II coronation and now attend the Diamond Jubilee.

Very interesting !

The Thai princess Srirasm looks wonderful!!!

Princess Charlene sports blonde crop as she attends Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle with husband Albert | Mail Online

Charlene - stunning!

Kate's outfit --- as Diana used to say -- she just hasn't got it ---- meaning the X factor! But if William is happy with Mrs Frump 2012 that's up to him!

Must you use insulting names like that? Why can't you just say you don't like what's wearing, rather than using rude terms like that?

Saw some footage from inside BP tonight on the BBC News. Camilla was wearing a light blue gown with lace sleeves. I think she's worn it before, but could be wrong. Does it ring a bell with anyone?

King Michael of Romania has attended George VI's coronation in 1937!

That´s true,they are the only royals who were fortunate to attend both events.The Emperor was 19 years old at the time of the coronation...I am full of admiration for Emperor Akihito and Michiko who accepted the invitation and fulfill their royal duties even though he had just had a heart surgery recently.

MichelleQ2 said:

The Queen and Prince Phillip may already be inside and wanted to avoid the press.

maria-olivia said:

From what the news read, it was only The Crown Prince of Japan that has attended both the coronation and today's events,

andrew said:
King Michael of Romania has attended George VI's coronation in 1937!

But he didn't attend HM's in 1952.

As for the tiara's, despite owning a lot of jewels the BRF don't do tiara events that often.

Thank you to those who have provided all the pictures, articles and videos :flowers:. It's lovely to see all the monarchs come together and celebrate something like this.

Oh, gracious heavens :eek:. That's...I don't quite know what. However, I'm sure this get-up will provide some chuckles at the event.

Does anyone think Prince Philip can resist causing a diplomatic incident when he sets eyes on Ms Lambikiza? I don't see how he could possibly stop himself from commenting on, shall we say, certain aspects of her appearance tonight.

I can only imagine what he's thinking :ROFLMAO: :D. Oh, to be a fly on the wall...

Fashion trends in Lesotho are obviously much more chic than they are in Swaziland.

after gold is diamond but after diamond is...? i mean the next jubilee if it will ever be one, after 10 years? of course if HM is around but i hope so.
just curiosity...

after gold is diamond but after diamond is...? i mean the next jubilee if it will ever be one, after 10 years? of course if HM is around but i hope so. just curiosity...
Assuming Her Majesty reigns till 2022, she'll celebrate her 70th anniversary on the Throne - or in other words, Platinum Jubilee. :)

after gold is diamond but after diamond is...? i mean the next jubilee if it will ever be one, after 10 years? of course if HM is around but i hope so.
just curiosity...

Next one would be platinum, I think. I wouldn't bet against the Queen reaching that milestone to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom