The Diamond Jubilee Armed Forces Parade and Muster, Windsor: May 19, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/#!/MajestyMagazine

"The foreign guests include King Michael and Crown Princess Margarita of Romania, King Simeon and Queen Margarita of Bulgaria...King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, the Sultan and Raja Isteri of Brunei, queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark...King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden, King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway, King Mswati of Swaziland, King Letsie of Lesotho...The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, the King and Queen of Tonga, and the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Serbia."

The coverage of the Armed Forces tribute to HM has begun on BBC1. Here's a link to a stream of BBC1:

tvpc.com - BBC 1

It's quite a bright, sunny day in Windsor. There are big crowds in place on the Long Walk. This is the sort of thing that the Queen will absolutely love, it's right up her ally.

Everything is perfect
The Queen is so happy and beautiful :heart1:

It's quite a bright, sunny day in Windsor. There are big crowds in place on the Long Walk. This is the sort of thing that the Queen will absolutely love, it's right up her ally.

I watched the last part of the parade and the one thing that stuck out in my mind was the stamina of Prince Philip and HM. I know I would have been uncomfortable standing for such a long period of time but to stand there as unflinching as these two were is so remarkable. Watching Philip at full attention and saluting, if I didn't know better, I'd be hard pressed to believe that man is close to 91 years old :britflag:

Watching live on Sky. Very impressive.
Charles and Camilla are absent ...

Nico said:
Watching live on Sky. Very impressive.
Charles and Camilla are absent ...

Yes they are on their way to new Brunswick in canada as part of the jubilee touring

Haven't seen William and Catherine yet. Are they absent too?

They're not attending, no.

HM seemed to really enjoy the RAF jets flying past in the formation of my username. How nice of them to remember me on this special occasion ;).

:fireworks:It was MAGNIFICENT :fireworks:
Queen has happy tears in her eyes :rose:

Queen Elizabeth attended the Armed Forces Parade and Muster in Windsor Castle, Windsor, England, Saturday, May 19, 2012. More than 2,500 troops paraded before the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. Sailors, soldiers and Royal Air Force personnel from nearly all areas of the British Armed Forces were represented in the main body of the parade, together with a tri-Service Guard of Honour and six military bands.

Pictures from the Parade:
- Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth during the parade
- Queen Elizabeth (with Inkhosikati LaMbikiza behind her)
- Prince Andrew, General David Richards, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Michael of Kent, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

Pictures of the parade:
- The parade 1
- The parade 2
- The parade 3
- The parade 4
- RAF Typhoons in a formation

Gallery from Getty
Gallery from Daylife

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth looks great as usual.
Again another hilarious look for the King of Swaziland's consort:D

A glorious celebration: Queen watches troops parade at Windsor Castle as RAF fly past to mark Diamond Jubilee
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh watched with pride today as thousands of troops paraded through Windsor to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee. Crowds of onlookers wearing red, white and blue lined the town's streets to greet members of the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force as they marched. Some 2,500 servicemen paraded through the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle and then through the town, together with a tri-service Guard of Honour and six military bands.

First pictures of royal guests:
- Inkhosikati LaMbikiza of Swaziland
- King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia (and I believe it's Queen Mesenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho next to them)
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Prince Henrik 1
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Prince Henrik 2
- Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
- King Simeon of Bulgaria and Queen Margarita

- The Countess of Wessex 1 (love the way Sophie looks at the Queen :) )
- The Countess of Wessex 2
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex
- Princess Anne
- Princess Anne and Prince Andrew 1
- Princess Anne and Prince Andrew 2
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

And for anyone who missed the parade, here is a video of the flypast. I was so exited to see the Spitfires.
Magnificent show! You Brits certainly know how to impress when you want to; I just hope you'll put as much effort into the Olympics.
How absolutely gorgeous were the formations, especially the "60". As for the "EIIR" formation by the Hawks - that was epic. The Queen herself looked quite thrilled, as the commentator rightly noted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDVoINWEpw

Last edited:
Once again I feel that Big Bird is missing some of his feathers. Her outfits stand out like Beatrice's hat did at Will and Kate's wedding. :D
Full view.
After yesterday's outfits, it's positively demure. ;)

The Lancasters and Spitfires always bring a tear to the eye. The EIIR and 60 formations were great, some of those jets are just 5 feet apart. Then the Red Arrows to finish it all off, what could be better?

Mrs Swaziland has obviously adopted the motto 'if you're not gonna go big, you may as well go home' for this visit. She's certainly got us all talking about her, maybe that's all she wanted.

Osipi said:
Once again I feel that Big Bird is missing some of his feathers. Her outfits stand out like Beatrice's hat did at Will and Kate's wedding. :D

I just want to see a disclaimer stating no muppets were harmed in the making of that dress!!

No pics of Monaco Royals or Queen Sonja yet?

No pics of Monaco Royals or Queen Sonja yet?
I'm not sure Monaco royals where there, but King Harald and Queen Sonja definitely attended the parade.
I caught a glimpse of the couple on BBC, and you can just see them in this picture (King Harald is behind Queen Margrethe, and Queen Sonja - behind Prince Henrik and next to Grand Duchess Maria Teresa). King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria of Greece also attended the parade.

I think Queen Anne-Marie is wearing the suit she wore to the christening of Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine? It looks familiar.

The King and the Queen of the Belgians such as Queen Beatrix did not attend.

Queen Margarethe has busy days. To Morrow the Christening of her Granddaughter.

if i am a royal i'll invite the to all my events even the private one:Dshe is sush brave lady.
Queen Elizabeth looks wonderful as usual and so do the Duchess Maria Teresa.

How weird is it to see royals taking photos of the festivities like any other tourist? The juxtaposition is just a bit strange.

How weird is it to see royals taking photos of the festivities like any other tourist? The juxtaposition is just a bit strange.

I noticed Prince Andrew taking pictures, a hobby he shares with his mother. He is quite a skilled photographer.

Queen Margarita of Bulgaria and King Carl Gustav were also taking photos.

I noticed Prince Andrew taking pictures, a hobby he shares with his mother. He is quite a skilled photographer.

I noticed that in some of the images I saw and thought how normal that made them look. Everybody takes many, many photographs when attending these things. It was really lovely. Andrew has taken many family photographs, including some of Charles and Diana, and we all know he took Lady Louise's first images. I wish I had a talent in photography.

I am just about to watch the episode on BBC iPlayer. Looking forward to seeing the fly past, particularly the 60 and EIIR. What a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom