The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for the first-hand account, Jennifer! Looking forward to seeing your photos when you get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen H
Hi,

My husband, my daughter and I are up visiting my family in Richmond, and we went to Capitol Square yesterday to greet Her Majesty and Prince Phillip as they arrived in Richmond for the address to the General Assembly. We had an excellent view as they walked from the Executive Mansion to the Capitol. I got some excellent pictures of Prince Phillip waving at us . The Queen was on the other side of the path greeting VIP's, so most of my pictures show mainly her hat (and a quite stylish one I thought!). It was truly a thrilling experience, and I am so glad I decided to go ahead and go down. I had a lot of fears that the crowd would be so heavy that we wouldn't see anything at all, but we truly got lucky with the spot we choose, off to the side of the steps of the capitol, where most of the crowd had congregated. I will have to wait until I get home Sunday to try to post my pictures, as I am on my mother's computer, and she only has a dialup connection. When I printed them this morning I was really amazed at how well they turned out. If anyone else has a chance to go out and greet the royal couple while they are here, I urge you to do so. It was a long (and sometimes wet) wait, but it was so worth it in the end. It's a memory I'll always cherish.

Jennifer

Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh
4 MAY 2007: Visiting historic sites in Virginia and meeting the state's dignitaries to mark 400 years of Jamestown settlement
Summary: In Pictures and Timeline

Enjoy!

Old 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Good news and bad news. Good news first. I saw Her Majesty twice. My mother and I saw both Her Majesty and Prince Philip in Richmond and I was very much moved and then we went down to Williamsburg and saw her at the College of William & Mary. I had an excellent view of Her Majesty (both where she was sitting and then when she went up on the balcony to wave.) When she waved at the crowd we went wild. It was a truly moving experience for me and while that I will no doubt see as one of the greatest of my life for years to come.

Now the bad news. I got to Richmond and my camera's battery was dead and I didn't have the charger so I didn't get the pictures I promised, but there are lots both here and all over every news site imaginable.

If any of you ever have the chance to see Her Majesty I highly recomend doing whatever you can to make it happen. It's truly magical.
-Russian Proverb
Old 05-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures,Casiraghi Trio!
Can some one post the link to the official portrait of the Queen that was mentioned in this thread?

I've heard that the Queen has visited Kentucky unofficially many times,to buy horses.Does anyone know if she has a horse running the Derby?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Derby starts in 15 minutes!
the Dallas Morning News has a good article about the state dinner coming up. couldn't find it on the web site so i'll quote from my personal copy of the paper. heading: "mind your manners mr. president" page 12A
the white house is all atwitter (their word) over monday's visit by the Queen. everyone is wondering how it will be when texas swagger meets british prim. dinner attire is white tie and tails, the First and probable only one of this administration. bush was said not to be too happy about it but bowed to the bigger power of his wife.
WH has issued an etiquette book (for instance when the Queen stops eating everyone does)
*over 7,000 guest expected to greet her on the south lawn in the morning.
*21 gun salute
*US Army old guard Fife and Drum Corps will parade in uniforms patterned after those worn in the Continental army
*dinner will have 13 tables, using the clinton china which is gold rimmed with a vignette of the WH
Old 05-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont believe that she owns one of the runners, that would have made the news for sure. I do think she owns a large property in Virginia that she breeds horses on. Does anyone know if she is staying there or perhaps at the British embassy?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen looks fabulous. her hats to die for-lime green and hot pink
oj simpson is there YUCK the idea of him being within a 1,000 miles of the Queen makes my skin crawl.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those springy colors look wonderful on her. she should wear brighter colors more often. They are very flattering to her coloring.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of England watch one of the earlier races after arriving 05 May 2007 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky to watch the 133rd running of the Kentucky Derby

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
The Queen looks fabulous. her hats to die for-lime green and hot pink
oj simpson is there YUCK the idea of him being within a 1,000 miles of the Queen makes my skin crawl.
All the gossip shows were hypothesizing that Larry Birkhead would take baby Dannielynn to the Derby (IMO, who would take a baby to the Derby?) and they might meet the Queen. What a crazy idea.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The race was great and I'm glad Her Majesty had a chance to be there.

Does anyone know who the women, with the sour look on her face, standing behind Her Majesty? She kind of looks like Susan Lucci; also, the woman is glaring at the Queen, which is very strange.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Does anyone know who the women, with the sour look on her face, standing behind Her Majesty? She kind of looks like Susan Lucci;
That is Susan Lucci.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

It is? She looks awful, and why is she giving the Queen such a look?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Are we talking about the same person? Susan Lucci is the one behind Prince Philip, and she's wearing a black dress and black hat.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

OMG it is la lucci, whats a soap opera actress doing in the same box with the Queen? i didn't see any real celebrities in the tv coverage, all 2nd or 3rd tier tv people.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
OMG it is la lucci, whats a soap opera actress doing in the same box with the Queen? i didn't see any real celebrities in the tv coverage, all 2nd or 3rd tier tv people.

Why can't she be in the same box as the Queen? There were a ton of other people there in that picture who ordinarily wouldn't be with her, but they are. Why single her out?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
Thanks for the pictures,Casiraghi Trio!
Can some one post the link to the official portrait of the Queen that was mentioned in this thread?

I've heard that the Queen has visited Kentucky unofficially many times,to buy horses.Does anyone know if she has a horse running the Derby?
You are most welcome for the pictures. The Queen did not have any horses racing in the Derby.

P.S. And yes, that was Susan Lucci "Erica Kane" behind her. hahaha
Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Like any TV soap opera diva, she can't stand being upstaged.

It looks that she, La Lucci, knows she is being on camera as long as she stays within the same frame as the Queen, so no doubt she is doing her look-at-what-I'm-doing antics just to get the tabloid ink spilling out next week. That look she gave Her Majesty behind her back seems to be quite tasteless. Thus, I agree, what are TV's daytime programing pseudo celebrities doing in the same box as the Queen?!?! If it was the President and his family La Lucci won't be that close. Sorry to be a little crude, but if TV divas are going to be near a Head of State in any televised event, they should be on their best behavior and hold on to that need to make faces behind the Head of State's back.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Correction, Susan is wearing a white dress. But it doesn't look like she's even looking at the Queen. She looks like she's looking down and past her, which given their position....would be the track.

Why does everyone think she's being some snot and giving the Queen of England dirty looks? Does she have reason to? I've never read any stories about her acting like a bitch or a diva at big events like this. I think people are reading far too much into this.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Still pictures often seem to catch faces in completely unintentional expressions. Hence the pictures of the Queen looking quite mean whenever a tabloid picture needs a "mean Queen" picture for whatever bad story about her they've cooked up.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, president bush, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, state visit, united states