The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

State Visit to Malta: November 2005

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will pay a State Visit to Malta from 23rd November-26th November to open the Commonwealth Heads of Governents Meeting (CHOGM). Here is the programme of the visit from the British Royal Website:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page4340.asp
Wednesday 23rd November:
Shortly after arrival, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will call on the President of Malta in The Palace, Valletta, followed by a short walkabout. In a wreath-laying ceremony at the war memorial in Floriana, The Queen and Prince Philip will meet veterans. In the evening The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will be guests at a State Dinner hosted by the President in the Palace in Valletta.

Thursday 24th November:
The Queen and Prince Philip will attend a tree-planting ceremony at San Anton Palace; will visit Cottonera Sports Complex, Conspicua; will attend the official opening of Grand Harbour Marina; will attend a reception onboard HMS ILLUSTRIOUS at Pinto Wharf; and will attend a lunch hosted by the Prime Minister at Auberge de Castille. The Duke of Edinburgh will also undertake two solo engagements, visiting the Maritime Institute of the Malta College for Arts, Science and Technology to view signalling and seamanship displays, and visiting De La Rue Limited, a British-owned banknote company.
In the evening The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will host a reception at Hotel Phoenicia, Floriana.

Friday 25th November:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend the opening ceremony for CHOGM in the Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta.
The Duke of Edinburgh will visit a CCTV components manufacturer; will attend a wreath-laying ceremony and meet veterans in Gozo; will unveil a sculpture at the Ministry for Gozo; will visit Ggantija Temples in Gozo; and will visit a food factory in Gozo.
In the evening, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a dinner for Heads of CHOGM delegations at the Radisson SAS Golden Sands Resort and Spa, Golden Bay.

Saturday 26th November:
Before departure on Saturday, 26 November, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Eden Foundation, Zetjun.

Enjoy posting, everyone!

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-23-2005, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth arrives today
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh will arrive in Malta this afternoon for an official state visit to Malta.
http://217.145.4.56/ind/news.asp?newsitemid=24686

Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

From Yahoo News/Reuters: Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives a bouquet of flowers from a well-wisher as she walks through Republic Street in Valletta November 23, 2005. The Queen is making a state visit to Malta, during which she will open the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on Friday. CHOGM is expected to be attended by most of the heads of government of the Commonwealth countries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	216251   Click image for larger version

Name:	M2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	216252   Click image for larger version

Name:	M3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	216253   Click image for larger version

Name:	M4.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	216254  

Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II inspects an honour guard in St George's Square, Valletta, in Malta, shortly after her arrival on the island to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), Wednesday Nov. 23, 2005

from polfoto and getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	31.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	216255   Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	216258   Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	216259   Click image for larger version

Name:	56263293.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	216264  

Name:	56263298.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	216265   Click image for larger version

Name:	34.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	216266   Click image for larger version

Name:	35.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	216294   Click image for larger version

Name:	36.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	216295  

Old 11-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures. :) She looks lovely. :)
This is an article from The Times of Malta about Princess Elizabeth visiting Malta:
The queen returns to her isle of happy memories
(there is a nice picture, but small).
http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=206705
Old 11-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

hmmm...has the queen been shopping at Philip Treacy???
Old 11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
hmmm...has the queen been shopping at Philip Treacy???
LOL. It does look like a Tracy hat. Does anybody know who designed it. I like it. It is very "in" right now. The feather in the bow look is popular.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

It may look like a Philip Treacy hat but actually its not, The Queen has worn it on Ladies Day at Ascot in June this year, its by Philip Somerville, and here the article from The Age Newspaper in Australia:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/...869090526.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
LOL. It does look like a Tracy hat. Does anybody know who designed it. I like it. It is very "in" right now. The feather in the bow look is popular.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

There has been some pictures of the State Dinner in honour of the Queen in Malta from Empics, and the Queen wearing a new lovely white dress, but i can't identify which tiara is it, its a little big, and the necklace in pink or purple i think so, cause the pictures so small.It looks quite farmiliar to me, i think i have seen it before, and now i just had a check on GREMB again and it was one of the late Queen Mother's Tiara and maybe now The Queen using some Tiaras she has never worn or rarely:
Some other pics from ANP-Photo:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3219082.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	216360   Click image for larger version

Name:	3219123.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	216361   Click image for larger version

Name:	3219125.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	216362   Click image for larger version

Name:	3219148.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	216363  

Name:	3219149.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	216364   Click image for larger version

Name:	3219159.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	216365   Click image for larger version

Name:	3219258.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	216366  
Old 11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

State Banquet

from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	216348   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	216356   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	216357  
Old 11-23-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm not a fan of the dress. It's a little bit pointy in places and it does appear as if HM's been attacked by a roll of wrapping paper from Clintons.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'm not a fan of the dress. It's a little bit pointy in places and it does appear as if HM's been attacked by a roll of wrapping paper from Clintons.
I agree with you. the Queen is in good shape for a woman her age but this dress make her figure look dumpy.

and the neckline of the dress and her necklace are sort of at war with each other.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Check out which tiara it is !!! Have we EVER seen HM the Queen wear it? Her beloved Mummy would be so proud!

"MII"
Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the bottom part of the dress. The Queen always wears the straight down dresses. I have always wanted to see her in a ball gown type dress.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The tiara and necklace look like they go together. I dont know the history behind the tiara. Please tell us Margareth. I will make a wild guess and say it is the Burma one(if thats a tiara) but I dont know what im talking about.LOL
Old 11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Courtier

I agree with PrinceJohnny about the dress: I like the bootm part.

At last, we see Her Majesty with "new" tiara and necklace! I like them, especially the tiara, which is really beautiful.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Nobility

WOW...The Queen looks great in the Indian Ruby Tiara and I love that necklace. The dress, to me, isn't that bad. I like the flowy bottom of it. I have also noticed that, outside of the UK, The Queen is starting to wear her fur stoles more often. She wore a fur in Canada earlier this year and i thought she had given them up, but HM hasn't. She looks great.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The tiara and necklace look like they go together. I dont know the history behind the tiara. Please tell us Margareth. I will make a wild guess and say it is the Burma one(if thats a tiara) but I dont know what im talking about.LOL
Hi Princejohnny,

HM the Queen is wearing the Indian Ruby Tiara which was designed by HRH the Prince Consort Albert (ne; Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) for his wife, HM the Queen Alexandrina Victoria.

It was originally set with opals, but were replaced with rubies for HM the Queen Alexandra.

It became a favourite piece of the Queen Mother resulting in its constant use.

The necklace is commonly associated with the Burmese ruby "set", but, was infact a gift to HM the Queen from her parents upon her marriage to HRH Prince Philip of Greece & Denmark and so... not originally part of the "set".

"MII"
Old 11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Margareth. Your superior Tiara knowledge really comes in handy. I knew that rubys and Burmese went together so that is why i guessed that. I like the dress. It is very flowy and royal. Much better than the straight down no figure dresses she usually wears. I love when the queen wears furs. She looks so regal.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you Margareth. Your superior Tiara knowledge really comes in handy. I knew that rubys and Burmese went together so that is why i guessed that. I like the dress. It is very flowy and royal. Much better than the straight down no figure dresses she usually wears. I love when the queen wears furs. She looks so regal.
You're most welcome "PJ"

I too adore Furs on HM the Queen...Actually, I just love fur & mink all together...hehehe

"MII"

Tags
duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, malta, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii, state visit