The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Courtier

thanx for posting the link selrahc4 .

Old 02-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes indeed thanks so much for posting :) wonder if a Royal Family member will get the Garter this year :)

Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the white and gold strapless gown with the sheath like covering that goes over the left shoulder. Very chic and regal. It could be worn today. I would for some of the old gowns that have been saved up to be used again if they are still in good condition.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

It's absolutely wonderful news,selrahc4!Thanks lots for that, I'm so looking forward to see that if it'd be on TV and through pics from image agencies, we can have a review of all the Queen's beautiful dresses and her impressive Tiaras.Im sure it will be really wonderful with Her Majesty's Celebrations this year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Courtier

It will an impressive exibition. :)
Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 AM

Queen's 8Oth Birthday Stamps UK

The images of The UK stamps to commerate Her Majesty's 80th Birthday have now been issued.

You can View them below or at
http://www.norvic-philatelics.co.uk/2006/04qe80.htm

They are not what one would normally expect for Her Majesty The Queen.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol
The images of The UK stamps to commerate Her Majesty's 80th Birthday have now been issued.
Thank you RoyalProtocol. The only 'glittering' pic is the first of the 58p stamps, where the Queen is wearing what appears to be the Nizam of Hyderabad tiara. The best photo is the first, taken by Lord Lichfield on the deck of the Britannia. The original pic, in colour, shows the Queen at her most relaxed and natural.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

I really love the new stamps to commemorate the Queen's 80th birthday. She looks so happy and relaxed in them. I am glad that more down to earth poses were included instead of HM in tiara's and state robes. Thanks for posting the stamp preview. Does anyone out there know whether other Commonwealth countries are issuing stamps for her birthday as well?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Those pictures are wonderful!
I think the one of her as a little girl with her mother is absolutely adorable!!!
She really does have a wonderful smile.

~QueenMaharet
Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The best photo is the first, taken by Lord Lichfield on the deck of the Britannia. The original pic, in colour, shows the Queen at her most relaxed and natural.
I love that photo of the Queen, one of my very favorites.

(photo from NPG)

Here is some background about that photo (taken in 1971) from The Country Life Book of Queen Elizabeth II, A golden Anniversary Tribute (Foreward by The Earl of Lichfield):

"While on board Britannia Lord Lichfield was subjected to the indignities meted out to those making a sea crossing of the equator for the first time. He was covered with shaving soap and ducked in a pool several times but, ever-vigilant photographer that he is, kept a waterproof camera at the ready and managed to capture this delightfully spontaneous shot of the Queen laughing at his discomfiture."
Old 02-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've just bought one of the Isle of Man 80th birthday mini-sheets. They really do issue some lovely stamps. I'm glad to see that the GB ones are nice as well; some of the recent stamps from there have been rather marginal.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:23 AM

Queen's Birthday Stamps

Most commonwealth countries will be issuing stamps for Her Majesty's Birthday, Including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Gibraltar, IOM, Jersey, Gurnsey, Alderney and most of the Carribean Commonwealth which are still Queen's Realm's.

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

a special official website celebrating Her Majesty's 80th Birthday

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4817.asp
Old 03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Administrator

This Birthday site is fabulous (click on "The Queen's Life"). Thank you purple_platinum! :)
Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Indeed it's a really great website, I love it! Professionally done with a great and stylish layout, easy to navigate - and the contents is just wonderful, there's so much great stuff to look at! I hope this website won't disappear after her birthday, it should stay as a great resource.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

wonderful website!! :)
Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

great archive photos! the queen, the queen mother, charles, andrew, edward anne, zara, sarah, diana, wiliam, harry, sophie, louise, phillip! great archive photos!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Courtier

A wonderful site. :)
Old 03-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Courtier

I spent far too much time looking at everything at that site, when I should have been working!

I agree with GrandDuchess, hoping that it will stay permanently available.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Nobility

The stamps and website truly are a celebration of a glorious reign and a very interesting life.

Tags
birthday celebration, british royal family, commemorative stamps, elizabeth ii, queen elizabeth ii