The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Aristocracy

Not Trying To Start Anything

I HAVE BEEN SEEING SOME BAD VIBES WITH CHARLES AND CAMILAE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE DINNER PICTURE AND THE CHURCH PICTURES THEY DON'T LOOK VERY HAPPY. SHE IS TALKING MORE TOO WILLIAM AND HARRY AND CHARLES IS TALKING TO EVERYBODY BUT HER AT THE CHURCH. MAYBE IT'S JUST THE PICTURES THAT THE MEDIA ARE PUTTING OUT!!! :( :(

Old 04-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Courtier

There's no need to shout.

Photographs show what the photographers want them to show -- not necessarily what the subjects of the pictures intended. I remember a picture of Charles & Diana where they weren't facing each other was broadcast as proof the marriage was over, but the dozens of pictures from that same occasion that showed them laughing and talking were kept under wraps until after she died.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
It looks like almost the entire extended Royal Family turned out for the service. In this pic (courtesy HMQEII) we can see the Earl and Countess of Ulster, the Earl and Countess of St Andrews with some of their three children, Lord Nicholas Windsor, and other rarely-seen faces.

It is also noteworthy that now all of the Queen's children are Garter Knights, possibly the first time ever for any Sovereign with a daughter. It will be quite the family get-together at the next Garter Service at Windsor.
Yes, I was just thinking that it's unusual to see the whole extended family together these days.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

today is really great... well, probably with the exception of the weather. Great royal turnout...

here's more from ANP-AFP :
Quote:
Queen Elizabeth II was hailed 23 April for imparting a "sense of calmness, serenity and stillness" to Britons buffeted by a turbulent world. In contrast to the smiles she flashed at the fireworks and public displays of affection on her birthday on Friday, the queen sat quietly for the tribute at a solemn church service at Windsor Castle, west of London. The sermon in St George's Chapel, the burial place of 10 monarchs, echoed messages given last week by British politicians and by Prince Charles, her son and heir to the throne, who called her his "darling Mama."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2887858.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	239540   Click image for larger version

Name:	2887909.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	239541   Click image for larger version

Name:	2887940.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	239542   Click image for larger version

Name:	2888000.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	239543  

Name:	2888083.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	239544   Click image for larger version

Name:	2888119.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	239545   Click image for larger version

Name:	2888157.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	239546   Click image for larger version

Name:	2888192.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	239547  

Name:	2888228.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	239548   Click image for larger version

Name:	2888238.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	239549  
Old 04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was surprised to see the Duchess of Kent looking so wretched. For someone who always used to put a good public face on things, she's really changed. These days, when she's with the rest of the family she looks as though she's in some sort of exquisite torment. I don't know if it's just that the photographers were looking to get unflattering photos or what, but it's very sad.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie
I HAVE BEEN SEEING SOME BAD VIBES WITH CHARLES AND CAMILAE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE DINNER PICTURE AND THE CHURCH PICTURES THEY DON'T LOOK VERY HAPPY. SHE IS TALKING MORE TOO WILLIAM AND HARRY AND CHARLES IS TALKING TO EVERYBODY BUT HER AT THE CHURCH. MAYBE IT'S JUST THE PICTURES THAT THE MEDIA ARE PUTTING OUT!!! :( :(
I don't think you need to shout to share this opinon.

Maybe because Charles and Camilla see each other and talk to each other everyday and because the rest of the family was out for this occasion they decided to talk to other people. At state dinners seating arrangments are purposly set up so that husbands and wives don't sit next to each other but are sitting next to other guests so that they can mingle with other guests.

There's nothing wrong with Camilla talking to William or other members of the family. They are her family by marriage now afterall. Why shouldn't she talk to them? If she didn't talk to them and just talked to Charles there would probably be other stories about the rest of the family snubbing Camilla or something.

The Duchess of Kent looks so tired and drawn out in her picture. Was the service very long?

Princess Michael however looks very nice.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Courtier

I was surprised to see Serena Linley, normally the best-dressed of the family, turn up in Big Bird yellow. Beatrice and Eugenie may actually the best-dressed of the clan -- which isn't saying too much. Even Lady Gabriella looks horrible.

The Duchess of Kent, I'm sorry to say because she's my favorite member of the entire family, looks deranged. She just looks mad and unkempt. I can handle the stringy hair and the horrible clothes, but the look on her face is something else.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I see Marina Ogilvy is there. Apparently her ostracism from the large family gatherings is over.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Kent looks so wan and just exhausted. It was great to see the extended family..I love seeing the Gloucester family (the Duke and Duchess, and the Earl and Countess of Ulster). But where is Lady Davina Windsor and her husband? And Zara Phillips? Have only seen small snapshots of the Lady Linley..is she wearing the yellow?

The Queen looks lovely, as does the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex. I wish I could say the same about the Princess Royal..I am sure I have seen that outfit before. The Princess's (Beatrice and Eugenie) look great....Eugenie is really coming into her own...love the shoes...and finally..they are growing into those hats of theirs! And yes, I believe that is Marina Oligivy...I believe she is BACK!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Marina's been back in the family since Edward's wedding (she attended in a long blue coat) and really back in since Angus died.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, Serena Linley is the one in yellow. I haven't seen any photos of Lady Davina Lewis yet; as usual the photographers are concentrating on the Michaels and ignoring the boring old Gloucesters.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Wow, I must say I liked most of the Royal outfits, especially Princess Eugenie and The Queen. I loved Princess Michael's hat. Looking at the pictures, all of the royal ladies look so elegant.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Camilla's dress looks good!
I really love the Queen's hat!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

As Did I ,Eugenie looked Amazing !!! a little side note today is Lady Gabriella Windsors Birthday :)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I was surprised to see the Duchess of Kent looking so wretched. For someone who always used to put a good public face on things, she's really changed. These days, when she's with the rest of the family she looks as though she's in some sort of exquisite torment. I don't know if it's just that the photographers were looking to get unflattering photos or what, but it's very sad.
Yes, I thought the same thing. She was so feminine and lovely in earlier days. I hope that she is happier, despite her appearance, since she is apparently leading the kind of life she wanted. At least she is talking to the Duke of Kent in a couple of photos. Photos of the two of them in recent years seem to reflect a quiet disdain and I think that's sad at their age.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Eugenie's shoes are hot! Really nice!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1145810821
Old 04-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
Eugenie's shoes are hot! Really nice!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1145810821
She's very beautiful young girl.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed she is :) She may overtake her Sister in looks very soon
Old 04-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
thanks, ysbel!is there a thread that mention who receive Order of the Garter so far? and what is its function?
There's a thread about the Garter here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ation-457.html
Old 04-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Indeed she is :) She may overtake her Sister in looks very soon
well, I think she already did so

Tags
birthday celebration, british royal family, commemorative stamps, elizabeth ii, queen elizabeth ii