The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday Your Majesty.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
Ah! who has any closeup pictures of Lord Downpatrick (:
Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson?
I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson? I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?
Here's a pic courtesy of HMQEII at post #269: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1145798922

Along the top, from left to right: a headless Earl of St Andrews; Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor; Lord Nicholas Windsor; the Countess of St Andrews; Lord Downpatrick.
The Royal Family left St George's Chapel in family groups, which makes it easier to identify the lesser-knowns.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Point de Vue has coverage of the Queen's 80th birthday celebration.

Images from pointdevue.fr
Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cool Id always heard of him have never seen A Pic :)
Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Gentry

I think Marina looks like her mother, Princess Alexandra.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Gentry

Is there a video link to the church service?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Nobility

My favorite: Lady Gabriella - lovely flowered dress, with a simple jacket, hat and shoes. And she looked lovely.

Other fave: Princess Alexandra - very stylish
Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Wow all beautiful photo on Queen Elizabeth and his family,grandchildren.!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Our lunch date with the Queen

PENSIONER Emily Downie is still on cloud nine after having lunch with the Queen.
Emily, who turned 80 on the same day as Her Majesty marked her birthday with a visit to Buckingham Palace.
The great-grandmother from Forsyth Street in Greenock, said: "It was absolutely marvellous and I wouldn't have missed it for anything. The Queen was so natural and everything went swimmingly.”
Emily has since become a bit of a celebrity after being interviewed on television.
She said: "I'm famous now!"

Her husband Frank, 87, who is a big fan of the royal family also attended the bash. Emily said: "He was tongue tied — he couldn't say a word."
The pair made up a 100-strong guest list who tucked into a three-course meal including fillet of beef Bordelaise followed by lemon tart and cream — all served up on silver plates.
She said: “The whole experience made you feel like royalty. Everyone was so kind. The palace was very grand and we managed to have a look at some of the artifacts.
"It was a day to remember."

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/r...ry.php?id=7183
Old 05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

This month's Majesty Magazine focus on the Queen's birthday.
Images from www.majestymagazine.com

http://www.majestymagazine.com/index.php
Old 05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Hola magazine published some photos about Queen Elizabeth II 80th Birthday celebrations.

I've scanned the images and made this Slideshow.

Enjoy!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

I love this picture (don't ask me why :o)... they look... a family!
Dinner is served but when heading the room people are chatting and the Queen (spite the tiara ) looks like any mother waiting paciently... maybe it wasn't that way things were happening but looks like that.

(source: Hola magazine)
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Hola magazine published some photos about Queen Elizabeth II 80th Birthday celebrations.
I've scanned the images and made this Slideshow.
Enjoy!
mtbcm
mtbcm, you are the Slideshow Queen! :)
Old 05-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
mtbcm, you are the Slideshow Queen! :)
You are too kind, Warren!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

This should probably be/has been addressed in another thread but this picture also makes me think about the family relations when HM QEII dies and Charles becomes King. Would the Princess Royal then have to curtsy to the current DOC?

Mapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
I love this picture (don't ask me why :o)... they look... a family!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
This should probably be/has been addressed in another thread but this picture also makes me think about the family relations when HM QEII dies and Charles becomes King. Would the Princess Royal then have to curtsy to the current DOC?

Mapper
I could absolutely be wrong, but I believe that depends on whether or not Camilla becomes Queen. If so, and I believe that she will become Queen, then I think at formal events the Princess Royal would indeed have to curtsy to Camilla, as far as private family events go, who knows?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Technically Camilla will become Queen and she will be treated like a Queen whether she is called that or not so she will be the top lady in the land and all others have to curtsy.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Technically Camilla will become Queen and she will be treated like a Queen whether she is called that or not so she will be the top lady in the land and all others have to curtsy.
But does the Princess Royal curtsy to HM, johnny?Because i think at the Wedding of Charles and Camilla, when HM entered the other royal ladies did curtsied but the Princess Royal didnt i remembered so, and i think the Queen did allowed that her mother didn't have to curtsy to her only at the Coronation.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson?
I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?
In the UK it remains a solecism to refer to a peer (either by right or by courtsey) using his distinctive title, Therefore it is properly correct to refer to Baron Downpatrick as Lord Downpatrick is such articles, the destinctive is reserved for very official lists and meantions in the newspaper, but baron never appears on an envelope, unlike Marquesses, Earl and Viscounts who are also address as Lord.

God Save The Queen!

Tags
birthday celebration, british royal family, commemorative stamps, elizabeth ii, queen elizabeth ii