Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Celebrations: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Earl and Countess of Harewood would be included. They have been before.

That photo of princess Alexandra and her brother is so sad. Two people who have been so supportive of the queen all their lives- that pic spoke volumes! The queen looks exceptionally beautiful. Perhaps she could give Anne some of her personal effects to sell so that she could afford some new clothes.

I love to see photos of events like this when the whole family get together.

I think the most elegant ladies are Sophie (I love her whole outfit - especially her coat), Beatrice (I love her skirt - it's really pretty), and Serena. I'm always disappointed by Anne's choice of outfit though.

I wouldn't be surprised Lady Marmalade if the Countess of Ulster is pregnant. Afterall, she has been married for four years.

qui mal y pense said:
The queen looks exceptionally beautiful. Perhaps she could give Anne some of her personal effects to sell so that she could afford some new clothes.
Something tells me Anne would spend it on horses or attack dogs.:D

Were the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester there? I don't see photos.

Who is Lady Saulton?

She is the daughter of the late Captain Alexander Ramsay of Mar, himself the only child of Princess Patricia of Connaught.

great photos! i happy to see the royal family in st. paul!
< ed speculation >

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Princess Alexandra's shoes are very retro.
Somebody has seen that Marina takes always the same colours and the same clothes?. The black dress with the white jacket take it the past April's month and last year in Trooping of the colours 2005. I think than Princess Anne she must renew her clothes!.

blyton said:
I thought Prince William looked a bit sad today----just my impression!

yeah, I agree with look, william look sad, maybe for the place, their parents's wedding was in st. paul:(

Last edited:
kelly9480 said:
She is the daughter of the late Captain Alexander Ramsay of Mar, himself the only child of Princess Patricia of Connaught.

Kelly..Thanks for the Info.

Thats kind of reaching back to claim her as family. I need to check the list again to see if the Earl and Countess Harewood were there as well.

More from Corbis

Attachments

• 42-16949513.jpg
    42-16949513.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 196
  • 42-16949593.jpg
    42-16949593.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 42-16949594.jpg
    42-16949594.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 42-16949967.jpg
    42-16949967.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 42-16950753.jpg
    42-16950753.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 42-16954003.jpg
    42-16954003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 258
beatrice lokks great on the new pics. but where is eugenie?
(sorry if it was already posted before but i can't read it all)

*Eugenie* said:
beatrice lokks great on the new pics. but where is eugenie?
(sorry if it was already posted before but i can't read it all)

I imagine she was doing her GCSE's, on Thursday my sister tokk her History GCSE so that might be where she was...:)

Princes William and Harry greet their uncles Princes Andrew and Edward
at St. Paul's Cathedral on June 15 during a service of thanksgiving in
honor of the Queen; AFP photos
afp806gj.jpg
afpuncles3vp.jpg

source: Hello
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/06/16/williamandharry/

Princess Beatrice looks good but why isn't she wearing a hat like the others.

viola said:
Princess Beatrice looks good but why isn't she wearing a hat like the others.

She is wearing a headpiece. It one of those feathery things like Mette-Marit likes to wear.

Beatrice almost always wears one of those hats now. :) I personally didn't think this one looked good.

I think it's just so wonderful Queen E. quoted Groucho Marx, of all people, during her speech! She must be a fan!
marx, for you who may not know, was one of the most popular comedians of the 20th century. But, I have to say, I find his kind of slapstick a bit, well, crude sometimes! But he had a genius for coming up with the most hilarious, and true, one liners. Kindof like a Robin Williams of his day!

two other thoughts I had on seeing these wonderful photos:

--Can't BELIEVE Elizabeth's becoming 80!!! Just look at her smile: she really looks so much younger than her age!
--on the other hand, her kids seem to pick up speed in the aging process! Granted, I haven't laid eyes on i.e. prince Andrew in a bit, but he's really becoming old and grey looking (not that there's anything per se wrong with that, but I'm just observing he's cutting less of the 'dashing prince' picture I'd gotten used to with him). Prince Charles is also greying rapidly, but unlike his younger brother, he looks much more content, happy in fact. Marriage to Camilla's really becoming him.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
what happened to Harry?
I would say he has a bad head. Shouldn't have drunk the 7th round of vodka, as HRHAmy wrote in Caption this thread. :D Mind you, they did drink a lot of servings, right that night. They must be really tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy for Her Majesty. And I really like her outfit and hat. :)
Thank you all for the links and the pictures!

Unfortunately, I've been very absent over the last months, because I don't have the time to follow royal events. :(

This is a good story and has a video link. Willam is absent in the festivites today because he is at Sandhurst. Harry was there in Uniform.

The Queen has received a "Feu de Joie" as part of her 80th birthday celebrations at Buckingham Palace.

"The cascade of blank gunshots was common in the 18th and 19th centuries to mark a military victory or birthday.
It was the first time it had been fired during the Queen's reign and was interspersed with the National Anthem. This was followed by three cheers from guardsmen. The Queen earlier watched the Trooping the Colour parade and a spectacular 49-plane RAF flypast. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5089832.stm?ls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom