Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Celebrations: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
foiegrass said:
Ah! who has any closeup pictures of Lord Downpatrick :)

Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson?
I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?

crisiñaki said:
Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson? I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?
Here's a pic courtesy of HMQEII at post #269: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=239475&d=1145798922

Along the top, from left to right: a headless Earl of St Andrews; Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor; Lord Nicholas Windsor; the Countess of St Andrews; Lord Downpatrick.
The Royal Family left St George's Chapel in family groups, which makes it easier to identify the lesser-knowns.

Point de Vue has coverage of the Queen's 80th birthday celebration.

Images from pointdevue.fr

Cool Id always heard of him have never seen A Pic :)

My favorite: Lady Gabriella - lovely flowered dress, with a simple jacket, hat and shoes. And she looked lovely.

Other fave: Princess Alexandra - very stylish

Wow all beautiful photo on Queen Elizabeth and his family,grandchildren.!!!

Our lunch date with the Queen

PENSIONER Emily Downie is still on cloud nine after having lunch with the Queen.
Emily, who turned 80 on the same day as Her Majesty marked her birthday with a visit to Buckingham Palace.
The great-grandmother from Forsyth Street in Greenock, said: "It was absolutely marvellous and I wouldn't have missed it for anything. The Queen was so natural and everything went swimmingly.”
Emily has since become a bit of a celebrity after being interviewed on television.
She said: "I'm famous now!"

Her husband Frank, 87, who is a big fan of the royal family also attended the bash. Emily said: "He was tongue tied — he couldn't say a word."
The pair made up a 100-strong guest list who tucked into a three-course meal including fillet of beef Bordelaise followed by lemon tart and cream — all served up on silver plates.
She said: “The whole experience made you feel like royalty. Everyone was so kind. The palace was very grand and we managed to have a look at some of the artifacts.
"It was a day to remember."

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/readstory.php?id=7183

I love this picture (don't ask me why :eek:)... they look... a family!
Dinner is served but when heading the room people are chatting and the Queen (spite the tiara;) ) looks like any mother waiting paciently... maybe it wasn't that way things were happening but looks like that.

(source: Hola magazine)

Warren said:
mtbcm, you are the Slideshow Queen! :)
You are too kind, Warren!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

This should probably be/has been addressed in another thread but this picture also makes me think about the family relations when HM QEII dies and Charles becomes King. Would the Princess Royal then have to curtsy to the current DOC?

Mapper
mtbcm said:
I love this picture (don't ask me why :eek:)... they look... a family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hereditary Mapmaker said:
This should probably be/has been addressed in another thread but this picture also makes me think about the family relations when HM QEII dies and Charles becomes King. Would the Princess Royal then have to curtsy to the current DOC?

Mapper

I could absolutely be wrong, but I believe that depends on whether or not Camilla becomes Queen. If so, and I believe that she will become Queen, then I think at formal events the Princess Royal would indeed have to curtsy to Camilla, as far as private family events go, who knows?

Technically Camilla will become Queen and she will be treated like a Queen whether she is called that or not so she will be the top lady in the land and all others have to curtsy.

Princejohnny25 said:
Technically Camilla will become Queen and she will be treated like a Queen whether she is called that or not so she will be the top lady in the land and all others have to curtsy.
But does the Princess Royal curtsy to HM, johnny?Because i think at the Wedding of Charles and Camilla, when HM entered the other royal ladies did curtsied but the Princess Royal didnt i remembered so, and i think the Queen did allowed that her mother didn't have to curtsy to her only at the Coronation.

crisiñaki said:
Baron Downpatrick? the Duke of Kent's grandson?
I haven't seen a picture of him, have anyone?

In the UK it remains a solecism to refer to a peer (either by right or by courtsey) using his distinctive title, Therefore it is properly correct to refer to Baron Downpatrick as Lord Downpatrick is such articles, the destinctive is reserved for very official lists and meantions in the newspaper, but baron never appears on an envelope, unlike Marquesses, Earl and Viscounts who are also address as Lord.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
But does the Princess Royal curtsy to HM, johnny?Because i think at the Wedding of Charles and Camilla, when HM entered the other royal ladies did curtsied but the Princess Royal didnt i remembered so, and i think the Queen did allowed that her mother didn't have to curtsy to her only at the Coronation.

Sometimes Anne curtsies but not very often in public, I do not ever remember Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother curtseying to the present Queen, or to any other sovereign since 1936.

can anyone tell me who this is?

DPA

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an 80th birthday dinner in the grounds of Windsor Castle last night attended by the Queen, Prince and Princess Michael,the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Haya of Jordan. There are pictures of it on Wire Image and Rex Features but I can't post them. Can anyone else?

james said:
There was an 80th birthday dinner in the grounds of Windsor Castle last night attended by the Queen, Prince and Princess Michael,the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Haya of Jordan. There are pictures of it on Wire Image and Rex Features but I can't post them. Can anyone else?
from Wireimage :

HM Queen Elizabeth II arrives for a private dinner hosted by the Royal Windsor Horse Show in honour of the Queen's 80th birthday on the second day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show held in the grounds of Windsor Castle, Windsor, England on the 11th May 2006
2006 Royal Windsor Horse Show – Day 2 - May 12, 2006

3-5 : Earl & Countess of Wessex
6-8 : Prince & Princess Michael of Kent
9-10 : Princess Haya of Jordan

Images from ukpress

Attachments

• Windsor_Queen_Party_1-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_1-UKP.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Windsor_Queen_Party_2-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_2-UKP.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Windsor_Queen_Party_4-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_4-UKP.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Windsor_Queen_Party_5-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_5-UKP.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Windsor_Queen_Party_6-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_6-UKP.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Windsor_Queen_Party_3-UKP.jpg
    Windsor_Queen_Party_3-UKP.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
what about Princess Margaret's kids? attend HM Queen's birthday at Royal Windsor Horse Show

The Queen is looking lovely in that dress.

Question what is the protocal for the Windsor Men Dinner Jacket (I don't know what it is really called) I was just wondering why The Earl of Wessex is wearing it and Prince Micheal of Kent isn't ?

I think Her Majesty as well as Sophie look outstanding. Also Haya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom