The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Kelloggs being an American company, of course they would seek to profit from something that is nothing to do with them !
Well... at least they see a worthy profit in it which boads good for the monarchy that it's still so relevant that people see an opportunity to cash in on it :)

Old 09-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Kelloggs being an American company, of course they would seek to profit from something that is nothing to do with them !
I agree, but as the article says ''The limited edition cereal, which also includes Her Majesty’s favourite nuts, which are macadamia FYI, will be available from next week.

Sadly Queen Flakes aren’t common enough for the supermarkets though, and are only currently available from Manchester’s Black Milk Cereal Café, costing £6.30 per bowl.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
From the British Royals Message Board:
Loved the cartoon, but if the Queen had looked like that in real life, then I had been worried.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Imagine that King Felipe of Spain suddenly dies today, because he as a heart attack or something, after a Reign of less than two years. Is he then not an "epitome of duty" despite not have missed one enagement at all and dutifully accomplished his complete and full agenda?
Why do you always feel the need to compare royals and usually with the underlying thought that other people imply that one is better than another.
Just because HM is, for someone, the epitome of something (epitome meaning "a perfect example") doesn't mean that someone else isn't...

as always, just mo
Old 09-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Majesty

She is 63+ years in a function (with looots of vacations anyway and "duties" which include watching horse races). Because of that longevity she suddenly is "the epitome of duty". Maybe I would like to be "the epitome of duty" as well, but when I am hit by a car tomorrow, well, than my "epitome" was shortlived.

Are there actually any royals around who are not "the epitome of duty"?
Old 09-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
She is 63+ years in a function (with looots of vacations anyway and "duties" which include watching horse races). Because of that longevity she suddenly is "the epitome of duty". Maybe I would like to be "the epitome of duty" as well, but when I am hit by a car tomorrow, well, than my "epitome" was shortlived.

Are there actually any royals around who are not "the epitome of duty"?
Yeah, many. My king has worked hard but flubbed alot. The king of spain had scandals. Alot of younger royaals are accused of not doing enough etc etc. So that she has done as much as she has, continiously, without scadals (of her own) and big flubs shows great selfcontrol and duty. I agree that her living this long is a wierd thing to praise her for, but I still think it's worth to celebrate.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had hoped that this would become a positive thread, and it is, but as Tiggersk8 said ''For those attacking HM, and that is what it is regardless of whatever window dressing excuse you'll use to "defend" what you're doing, for the simple reason of stirring things up in the thread?''

And it's always the same posters. Don't you have anything positive to say?
Old 09-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
cause im a little bored, i googled and discovered that "Kellogg's holds a Royal Warrant from Queen Elizabeth II and the Prince of Wales."

"Royal warrants of appointment have been issued for centuries to those who supply goods or services to a royal court or certain royal personages. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family, so lending prestige to the supplier."

who knew..lol..we learn something new everyday
Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
cause im a little bored, i googled and discovered that "Kellogg's holds a Royal Warrant from Queen Elizabeth II and the Prince of Wales."

"Royal warrants of appointment have been issued for centuries to those who supply goods or services to a royal court or certain royal personages. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family, so lending prestige to the supplier."

I didn't know that.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

Haha, I didn't know that :) It makes sense then :)
Old 09-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

My apologies then, [I didn't know they were Warrant holders either] I did know that the Queen has Cornflakes on her Breakfast table..
Old 09-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Im glad I was able to share my newly acquired "knowledge" LOL
It sparked an interest in me since I had not seen any American companies so far mark this special milestone (not that they wont or haven't or even will, I just have not seen any )
Old 09-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I had hoped that this would become a positive thread, and it is, but as Tiggersk8 said ''For those attacking HM, and that is what it is regardless of whatever window dressing excuse you'll use to "defend" what you're doing, for the simple reason of stirring things up in the thread?''

Dear Royal Norway, I have not been on here very long but may I concur with your comment?
Old 09-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

To be honest, I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread attacking or really denigrating HM. The statement where there is a variety of different opinions is one made in an article which states something along the lines of "what has the Queen really accomplished of note?". (my paraphrasing of the statement).
Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Indeed. No one is attacking Her Majesty. The accomplishment of the Queen is mainly because she came on the throne on a young age and lives on to an advanced age. Only two days ago Lord Edward John Barrington Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 3rd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu passed away. The noble gentleman inherited his title at the age of two and held his peerage for 86 years and 155 days.... Is that an achievement or is this just how fortune, circumstances and "fate" defined the length? With the same "fate" the Prince of Wales will have a short Reign. Or he will even share the "fate" of Louis de Bourbon, "Le Grand Dauphin", son of King Louis XIV, who never succeeded because his father outlived him?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the British monarchy twitter / facebook accounts.

Today we're looking back at The Queen's work in the 1960s: a decade of enormous cultural change, and historic firsts.

Her Majesty continued to spend much of her time serving the Commonwealth: undertaking tours to no less than 28 Commonwealth countries during the decade.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d9&oe=565CEDCB

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74&oe=56764220

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b6&oe=56816862

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ec&oe=56781AD1

Royal visits became less formal in the 1960s. In 1962 The Queen visited a family in their new home in London's East End, to much excitement.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=5681D15D

The Queen visited 28 Commonwealth countries in the 1960s, including Ghana, St Lucia, Trinidad, Tobago and Canada.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...00916205_o.jpg

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...50&oe=5663C888

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2b&oe=56684970

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b1&oe=567120B8

In 1965, Her Majesty undertook an historic visit to Germany. It was the first visit by a British Monarch for 52 years.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c1&oe=565D0E09

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=56733896

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7f&oe=567EFD29

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...59&oe=566DA84C
Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Majesty

What memories must have the queen all these years. And what stories from all those leaders she met
Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To be honest, I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread attacking or really denigrating HM. The statement where there is a variety of different opinions is one made in an article which states something along the lines of "what has the Queen really accomplished of note?". (my paraphrasing of the statement).
Royal Norway has a right to their opinion and to post it, the same as every one else. I believe that their original post has alot of validity.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
What memories must have the queen all these years. And what stories from all those leaders she met
Oh I agree. Plus, no matter how or why Queen Elizabeth II's long reign happened, it did and will always go down in history as such. The intricate details of why and not someone else doesn't matter. She is to be recognized for this accomplishment.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Royal Norway has a right to their opinion and to post it, the same as every one else. I believe that their original post has alot of validity.

I find it all very interesting and I don't think anyone has been disrespectful. Just a good discussion IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My apologies then, [I didn't know they were Warrant holders either] I did know that the Queen has Cornflakes on her Breakfast table..
The Queen is served cornflakes in a Tupperware container every morning - a bit of trivia that was revealed a few years ago (alas, Tupperware seems to have missed out on a Royal Warrant!)