Queen Elizabeth II Becomes Longest Reigning British Monarch: September 9, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Queen Elizabeth II will become the longest reigning British monarch in history
on September 9, 2015
when she surpasses Queen Victoria, her great-great-grandmother.

This thread is for news and congratulatory messages about this milestone.

***​

Last edited:
The daily fail and their sources. It has been known for several days that the Queen will carry out an official engagement on September 9.

Longest Reigning Monarch

Her Majesty The Queen has agreed to mark the day she becomes the longest reigning British Monarch. I am very excited to find what she does!

Blake

Yes, Blake, I'm sure HM will reflect on it all on that day, herself as a new and inexperienced monarch, the changes she's seen in Britain and the Commonwealth over those 63 years and many other memories. It will certainly be a momentous occasion.

There will be celebrations in Canada from coast to coast to coast. Click the link below for more information.

On September 9 The Queen’s reign will surpass that of Canada’s other great Mother of Confederation, Queen Victoria. On that date, our Monarch will have served us and the Commonwealth for the longest period in our modern history.

Elizabeth II has been and remains our friend in all weathers, the examplar of devoted service and selflessness to us her peoples. We ask you to encourage your municipality to join in this one small act to help let her know on September 9th that her Canadian family respects her enormously and loves her dearly.

The League has written every municipal head (Mayor, Reeve, Warden, Chief) in Canada, to ask that a brief, simple civic ceremony be held around noon hour outside the city hall on that day in order to form a chain of thanksgiving and affection to mark this memorable date. To facilitate this, we have provided a template for organizing such an event - the details of which can be changed according to local preference. You can open it here:.
Reign Celebration | The Monarchist League of Canada

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 30m30 minutes ago
The Queen to attend opening celebrations of Scottish Borders Railway on September 9 - the day she becomes Britain's longest-serving monarch

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh:
will visit Edinburgh, Midlothian and Tweedbank for the Scottish Borders Railway opening celebrations.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

Last edited:
On itself it is no achievement. When the Good Lord above calls the Queen before September 9th then she will not become the longest reigning British monarch. When the Good Lord above does not call the Queen, then she will become the longest reigning monarch. It is all relative, of course.

It may sound silly, but I would love them to release a whole family picture to mark this milestone of the Queen's reign. Her with her husband, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

This is very good idea crm2317. It will be a great photo.:)
I wonder that day how the Queen feeling. SO MANY YEARS MY GOD.

So funny :lol: Smart.

Or maybe the Queen , Charles , William and George. I don't know ther is already such a photo?

OK then a new is great again.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may sound silly, but I would love them to release a whole family picture to mark this milestone of the Queen's reign. Her with her husband, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I think that is the sort of photo that would get taken for next year's 90th birthday.

I think it's an amazing milestone to reach. :)

I don't think it sounds silly - I'd love it if such a photo were released and becoming Britain's longest reigning monarch is a huge milestone, so it would seem appropriate.

If not I hope some sort of portrait of HM will be released.

The Queen would probably include her cousins and their spouses, the spouses of her children and grandchildren.

The picture would include so many people that the image of their faces would be very small.

I don't think that sounds at all silly it would be wonderful to have a group family photo to mark the event!

The Queen would probably include her cousins and their spouses, the spouses of her children and grandchildren.

The picture would include so many people that the image of their faces would be very small.

They have to include all the dogs too! Perhaps take the photo around Christmas time for both the milestone of longest reigning British monarch and the 90th birthday. The entire extended family does get together at BP for a Christmas lunch every year so that would be a good time to do it.

A great group portrait in oils might be commissioned...although placing so many figures well on its own is a rare skill, let alone capturing the likeness... A contemporary version of the great Christian ix , and his family at Fredensborg by Tuxen perhaps ?

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting to see a nice family portrait of the British royal family. I thought the best time to do it was during The Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Now that George and Charlotte are here, I think one should be done to commemorate (God Willing) The Queen's 90th Birthday.

A great group portrait in oils might be commissioned...although placing so many figures well on its own is a rare skill, let alone capturing the likeness... A contemporay version of the great Christian ix at Fredensborg by Tuxen perhaps ?

Ooooohh, that *would* be cool, especially with the fourth generation present... and ofcourse a couple of corgies should be in there too ;)

The Church of England has released a special prayer for Her Majesty the Queen, for when she becomes the longest reigning monarch in British history.

On 9th September 2015 Queen Elizabeth will become the longest serving royal.

The prayers were drafted by the Liturgical Commission of the Church of England, and were approved by Buckingham Palace.

One reads:

"Almighty God, who hast set our gracious sovereign Queen Elizabeth upon the throne of this realm,
and given her to surpass all others in the years of her reign: Receive our heartfelt thanks for her service to her people,
confirm and encourage her in the continuance of the same,
and keep her in thy heavenly wisdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who took the form of a servant for our sake,
and reigneth now in glory with thee and the Holy Spirit,
one God, world without end.

Amen."
Read more: CofE prayer for Queen Elizabeth

I've been waiting to see a nice family portrait of the British royal family. I thought the best time to do it was during The Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Now that George and Charlotte are here, I think one should be done to commemorate (God Willing) The Queen's 90th Birthday.

And Isla, Savannah and Mia.

Queen to mark record reign with nod to Victorian era - Telegraph
Buckingham Palace said the engagement would mark the reopening of a historic railway line in a part of Britain that the Queen holds dear as well as providing an opportunity for her to be seen on what will be regarded as a historic day.

Keith Brown, Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure in the Scottish Government, said: “It is a great honour for us that Her Majesty has chosen to mark this milestone by leading the celebrations for the opening of the Borders Railway.

Cllr Graham Garvie, Convener of Scottish Borders Council, said: “The Borders Railway is the most significant project for generations in our region and we are thrilled to welcome Her Majesty The Queen to formally open the railway.

“The fact that this occasion coincides with Her Majesty becoming Britain’s longest serving monarch makes it unique in the history of the Borders.”

If it is true the Queen believe it is disrespectful to celebrate becoming the longest reigning monarch in British history, then there will not be a photograph nor a painting to commemorate this event.

This will be the Queen's day.
She is the one who will achieve becoming the longest reigning monarch in British history so a photograph of her family would be inappropriate.

The next possible family photograph that may be released to the public will probably be the 70th wedding anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip.

Prince Charles held a party at Clarence House to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip.

IIRC two photographs were released from the 60th wedding anniversary party. One with the Queen and Prince Philip with their four children. The other one was a photograph of the adult members of the royal family (except for the Duchess of Kent).

If photographs of the 70th wedding anniversary party are released they would probably be adults only.

Trooping the Colours is the gathering for most members of the family and there is ample photographs and videos taken of this event.

Next year they may have a slightly bigger celebration to recognize the Queen becoming the longest reigning monarch in British history.

Although her Majesty's 90th birthday will be an excellent opportunity for a family photograph, I just do not think she and Philip can tolerate waiting for a perfect picture with a large group of adults and children.

The family probably takes private/candid photographs at Christmas and at the Christmas lunch but these are not released.

Monarchist League ‏@monarchist 5 mins5 minutes ago
Two of Canada’s largest cities, Edmonton and Mississauga, joined the list on successive days last week. More to come!

Monarchist League ‏@monarchist 4 mins4 minutes ago
As of today, no less than 87 municipalities will mark the historic Reign of The Queen on September 9th.

Yes, a full, multigenerational picture.

The next possible family photograph that may be released to the public will probably be the 70th wedding anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip.

I agree.

Trooping the Colours is the gathering for most members of the family and there is ample photographs and videos taken of this event.

Next year they may have a slightly bigger celebration to recognize the Queen becoming the longest reigning monarch in British history.

Yes, they may have a slightly bigger Trooping the Colour ceremony next year to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday (they did in 2006), but I don't think that has nothing to do with the Queen becoming the longest reigning British monarch.

Although her Majesty's 90th birthday will be an excellent opportunity for a family photograph, I just do not think she and Philip can tolerate waiting for a perfect picture with a large group of adults and children.

The Queen is very tolerant and would have taken it with humor, unlike some of her European counterparts. The same can not be said of Philip, but he had survived it.

Last edited:
I do not think there would be a multigenerational photo.

You have to take into consideration the ages of the Queen and Prince Philip.

The Queen currently hosts her entire family twice a year. First for the Trooping the Colours and the second time six months later, at the Christmas lunch.

It may be too much for the Queen and Prince Philip to host another large gathering.

Does anyone have an answer for me regrading the mirror photos of the Queen ,William and Camilla. Why wasn't it Charles instead of Camilla ? Doesn't make sense to me and a lost opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

When people are talking 'family' photographs are the talking about just The Queen, Philip, their four children and three spouses, 8 grandchildren and three spouses and 5 great-grandchildren OR the entire family including Margaret's children, spouse and grandchildren, all the Glocuester's and Kent's as well?

The first group I suspect wouldn't be that hard to get - although screaming kids might be a bit of a trial - but the latter I suspect is rarely altogether now anyway given the fact that the Duchess of Kent rarely attends royal events (e.g. the last event she attended was the church service in 2013 for the 60th anniversary of the coronation - not even Trooping gets her out and about) and that some of the younger ones live elsewhere.

Late in Victoria's reign photographers would assemble the composite photographs so popular at the time, showing the Queen and all her living descendants. Many of them were foreign royalty of course and it was difficult to get them all together. All the same, to mark this historic event in 2015 I don't see why a group photo of Queen Elizabeth and her family couldn't be taken at some time in the Christmas period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom