Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: State Visit to France - June 5-7, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good speech. I saw The Queen for the first time in 2002 when she was riding in the gold state coach, since then i have been in awe of that lady. I was 14 at the time.

I´m very much surprised that the Queen wears her french order although this is just a black, and not a white tie banquet?!

I´m very much surprised that the Queen wears her french order although this is just a black, and not a white tie banquet?!

She did the same in 1992 for President Mitterrand and it was a black tie dinner (white tie banquet in France stopped at the end of the 1970's). Anyway as the Duke himself is wearing a black tie with decorations, we have some kind of mix tonight.

If the Queen and the Duke needed some rest in Normandie, the French State furnished especially two rooms for their private use at the Chateau de Benouville.

10423754_843778725651094_8391011647570034110_n.jpg

10336647_843778762317757_2700646341755379882_n.jpg

Her majesty is wearing a pale pink suit.
She is will be welcomed later on in the marché aux fleurs(flowers and birds market) by Mr Hollande.The market will be named after her.
She visted this market during her first official visit in France.Back then she was pregnant with Prince Charles and she loved that place.

The Queen and the Duke are now speaking the members of the British association "help for heroes" and Sir Bradley Wiggings
Then they will meet children from Paris schools

I agree, Nico. I must say that President Hollande really went above and beyond for HM and the DoE, his efforts to ensure their comfort were, I'm sure, deeply appreciated by all concerned.

These pictures are interesting. There is one of Angela Kelly arm in arm with Ian Carmichael and also one of Lee Radizwill (the Americans among us might care).
Thanks for the link.

Lee Radziwill lives in Paris and is a much loved figure of the Parisian Society.

:flowers::flowers::):)This is for everyone who contributed all the pictures and videos for us to see. Being here in USA it was so wonderful to see all this.....I really appreciate it. I so dread the day she is no longer with us, Queen Elizabeth is one of a kind and so lovely. The picture of her and the lady giving her the orchid is precious, her smile really lights up in that picture, she must like flowers.

The Queen is amazing, there are nobody like her.

The Queen's puff pink outfit in Paris was very nice, her lime green outfit however was lovely :)

What a wonderful gesture of the French government to name a Parisian flower market after her. She appears to have been treated wonderfully during her time in France. I'm sure she appreciated it.

:flowers::flowers::):)This is for everyone who contributed all the pictures and videos for us to see. Being here in USA it was so wonderful to see all this.....I really appreciate it. I so dread the day she is no longer with us, Queen Elizabeth is one of a kind and so lovely. The picture of her and the lady giving her the orchid is precious, her smile really lights up in that picture, she must like flowers.

You are welcome:flowers:

Here you can more videos taken from different angle
Elizabeth II, reine du marché aux fleurs - YouTube
Elizabeth II en visite au Marché aux fleurs de Paris, rebaptisé en son honneur - 07/06 - YouTube

Yes,it seems the Queen adores flowers.She wanted to visit this market again
The lady in question not only offered the Queen an orchid but also a rose plant named Elizabeth
She received another flower or perfume given to her in a basket
The Duke of Edinburg also had his share of gift (see the video below minute 1:57)
I adored The Duke joke on minute.He is absolutly unique:lol:

Video: Parisians turn out to see the Queen - Telegraph

According to some medias,the Queen told François Hollande in the airport that this was her best visit in France.She added to her husband that he can stay if he wish :D

Even if the economical situation is not good,french authorities have done their best to honor her majesty.It's well known that François Hollande since his election has reduced the budget of the Elysées palace.
Anyway,for the Queen they have served foie gras and truffles that the Queen likes.
Its well known that her Majesty loves France and in return french people adores her.
It is said that the Queen was always surprised by the warm welcome she had from a country who sent one of her queens to the guillotine

I think Prince Philip looks very spry as well. God Bless them both.

The Queen is amazing, not only did she have multiple engagements during the day but changed clothes 3 or 4 time daily.

I especially liked the change of clothes on the train ride to France.
Also, for the 'heads of state' photo when she removed the green coat she placed the brooch on the dress.

:previous: Pretty nifty change at that. Swap one white coat for a lightweight white jacket with black piping and trimmed with the same print as her dress and one beautiful navy and white hat for an equally gorgeous white one trimmed with black piping and matching fabric from her dress. That's it, no muss, no fuss.

Oh, I forgot, she swapped the Sapphire and Diamond Grapes brooch for the first public outing of the Botswana Flower brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom