Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: State Visit to France - June 5-7, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Majesty rocks that pink outfit!

Wow 4 events in 1 day. Yes, they were all in succession but still both Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh are quite advanced in age yet they work so hard.

I just have to shake my head in amazement watching this beloved couple do their thing. I would have been tired out after the doings at the chunnel and then the train ride and HM has 26 years on me and the DoE even more. It really puts me to shame.

I am in awe of the whole thing, the commemoration, the welcome that France has given everyone, the Queen looking as lovely as I have ever seen her. It's such an incredible and unique event and very humbling too.

That pink outfit is awful IMO, HM looks like a cupcake.
She's certainly had a busy day though!

Last edited:
Nico, thank you for your personal insight on today's festivities. I'm glad you got a good look at HM and the DoE in the end.

A lovely gift from the President! I'm sure HM will appreciate it as she must have one of the largest Hermes scarf collections in the world!

Anyone doubtful as to the physical and mental capacity of the Queen need only look at her schedule today and how beautifully she has fulfilled it.

Thank you Nico for your on the spot reporting, well done! The video above is charming and the Queen and Phillip answer in french

The Queen and the Duke just arrived at the Bayeux War Cemetery, with French PM Manuel Valls, the POW and the DOC as well.

20140606PHOWWW00369.jpg

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 25s
This evening The Queen and Prince Philip will attend a state banquet given in her honour at the Elysée Palace hosted by President Hollande.

I hope Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh gets some rest before the state banquet tonight.

I hope Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh gets some rest before the state banquet tonight.

Officially the program is now over for the Queen and the Duke until 8.30 PM

Last edited:
The Queen and the Duke just arrived at the Bayeux War Cemetery, with French PM Manuel Valls, the POW and the DOC as well.

20140606PHOWWW00369.jpg

Wonderful photo. Where are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?
Can't wait to see the Queen at the state banquet tonight.

This is a very demanding schedule for The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, they are not young anymore.

The State Banquet for The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh at the Elysée Palace hosted by President Hollande starts at 8:30pm.

Apparently the state banquet will be delayed until 9 PM

I think it would've been brilliant to have Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine to attend the State Banquet since they're all in France at the same time. Just my thoughts.

I think it would've been brilliant to have Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine to attend the State Banquet since they're all in France at the same time. Just my thoughts.

I agree, can't imagine them going back until tomorrow anyway.

This is a very demanding schedule for The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, they are not young anymore.
That is absolutely true. I have to bow head to the stamina of them. Basically they are out & about every single day this week! I also had a look at the Court Circular for 5th June, and found out that upon arriving in Paris, HM even held an Investiture at the British Embassy before going to the Welcoming Ceremony! And then, next week she will have a Reception on Monday evening, a Garden Party, a school visit & then Trooping the Colour! Seriously this is unbelievable!

This is a State Visit of Her Majesty and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh to President Hollande. The PoW, the DoC and the Cambridges are only here to participate in the D-Day commomerations, they are NOT on a State Visit, plus they are not the Head of State.

This is a State Visit of Her Majesty and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh to President Hollande. The PoW, the DoC and the Cambridges are only here to participate in the D-Day commomerations, they are NOT on a State Visit, plus they are not the Head of State.

Yes, I know all of that. I just think it would've been great if they were able to attend. It's very rare to have the major senior royals in another country at the same time. I think it would've been a great opportunity to have them attend in The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's honor.

Last edited:
Ah the banquet is black tie, a nice surprise as it was usually business suits since 2011.

Toasts and speeches done, some French spoken by HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom