The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,113
I have to agree with Kataryn. This woman is his "partner", already an embarrasing title, not his wife. She realyy is not the First Lady in my opinion as he is still married which makes his wife the actual First Lady. I find his decision of presenting his mistress to the Queen as quite tacky and an incredible insult to his wife. I think if he is set on this woman being at his side then he needs to divorce his wife. It shows me that he is not only disrespecting his wife but also this woman. He wants the best of both worlds which in real life does not work out well. I would have little respect for this man and I would find it difficult to support someone like that as the President of a country. He is not trustworthy. Just my opinion. As for HM, she of course would not make a fuss even though she is probably thinking something similar about this man.
__________________

__________________
  #422  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Dman's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
I think if The Queen, Palace officials and government were fine with it, then everythings is okay.

The Queen is used to dealing with "partners" and "mistresses."
__________________

__________________
  #423  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I have to agree with Kataryn. This woman is his "partner", already an embarrasing title, not his wife. She realyy is not the First Lady in my opinion as he is still married which makes his wife the actual First Lady. I find his decision of presenting his mistress to the Queen as quite tacky and an incredible insult to his wife. I think if he is set on this woman being at his side then he needs to divorce his wife. It shows me that he is not only disrespecting his wife but also this woman. He wants the best of both worlds which in real life does not work out well. I would have little respect for this man and I would find it difficult to support someone like that as the President of a country. He is not trustworthy. Just my opinion. As for HM, she of course would not make a fuss even though she is probably thinking something similar about this man.
There's a heck of a lot of assumptions being made here. I don't know what's gone on between Herr Gauck and his wife, or between him and his 'partner', and in all honesty, I don't think anyone has a right to know. I doubt very much that anyone other than the 3 people directly involved know what's happened and where everyone stands.

I do know, however, that making a judgement about anyone on the basis of a few snippets about their private life is pretty silly.
__________________
  #424  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
There's a heck of a lot of assumptions being made here. I don't know what's gone on between Herr Gauck and his wife, or between him and his 'partner', and in all honesty, I don't think anyone has a right to know. I doubt very much that anyone other than the 3 people directly involved know what's happened and where everyone stands.

I do know, however, that making a judgement about anyone on the basis of a few snippets about their private life is pretty silly.
Especially as there are very good reasons why Mr. Gauck actually became our president. He was a prominent figure in the GDR, courageous on his church pulpit but seeking actively to change the circumstances there with peaceful means. After the reunification he became boss of the federal agency who dealt with the documents of the Stasi-terror, so was responsible for material that threatened the inner peace of Germany and he made a very good job out of it. He is very well respected as a political person and most germans want him for president and are quite happy with his work, as he speaks out what's on his mind and represents us, not the political caste. If only he had decided to approach the inclusion of his private life into his office in a different way.
__________________
  #425  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,098
.

Queen Elizabeth during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, November 16, 2012.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #426  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,022
Tuesday is the wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth and PRince Philip. This is a delightful article from the Sunday Express about their life together.

'Forget protocol, darling' | Books | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express-
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #427  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe
Tuesday is the wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth and PRince Philip. This is a delightful article from the Sunday Express about their life together.

'Forget protocol, darling' | Books | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express-
Thank you for such a great article. I always enjoy reading about this couple's marriage and interactions.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #428  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Dman's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
phil dampier‏@phildampier
Just two days now until big news on The Duke.

Tweeted on the 17th. I wondder what big news will be announced about The Duke of Edinburgh?
__________________
  #429  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,427

Me too.
Just out of curiosity, was it actually specified the Duke of Edinburgh was meant?
Perhaps the announcement will be about the Dukes of Cambridge or Kent or Gloucester?
  #430  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Me too.
Just out of curiosity, was it actually specified the Duke of Edinburgh was meant?
Perhaps the announcement will be about the Dukes of Cambridge or Kent or Gloucester?
Yes: https://twitter.com/search?q=phildampier&src=typd
__________________
  #431  
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,022
I dont think its a divorce announcement

Possibly stepping down from public duties? or giving notice to that effect, the date coinciding with the Duke of Cambridge taking on full royal duties?

But it may just be something to do with his status as its their wedding anniversary, although I dont know of any honour that hs has not yet received.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #432  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I dont think its a divorce announcement
i'm not easily shocked, but that would do it
__________________
  #433  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Tuesday is the wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth and PRince Philip. This is a delightful article from the Sunday Express about their life together.

'Forget protocol, darling' | Books | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express-
Love those 2!
__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
  #434  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,132
FYI - Phil Dampier is a PR firm. PD is also the co-author of THE WIT AND WISDOM OF PRINCE PHILIP. See for more:

Phil Dampier Press & PR » Books
__________________
  #435  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,427
Thanks!
It is most likely the announcement will indeed deal with a decrease in the number of the Duke's engagements.
  #436  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I dont think its a divorce announcement

Possibly stepping down from public duties? or giving notice to that effect, the date coinciding with the Duke of Cambridge taking on full royal duties?

But it may just be something to do with his status as its their wedding anniversary, although I dont know of any honour that hs has not yet received.
Prince consort, perhaps ?

I can't imagine an official announcement that he will be decreasing his duties. Did this happen for the Queen mother ? Or did the number of her engagements slowly decrease without official notification ?
__________________
  #437  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpa View Post
Prince consort, perhaps ?

I can't imagine an official announcement that he will be decreasing his duties. Did this happen for the Queen mother ? Or did the number of her engagements slowly decrease without official notification ?
I do think he has steadily been going a bit easier and agree it wouldn't call for a major announcement. First thing that came to my mind is that he could possibly be handing off his major role in the Duke of Edinburgh Award totally to his son Edward. The passing of that baton would definitely cut the DoE's workload and is a major acknowledgement that in the future it is his wish that Edward be created the Duke of Edinburgh.

Then again it could be something completely different. Has me curious.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #438  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,022
I didn't mean decreasing, I meant ceasing. But it would be with "notice" - that coinciding with William's remaining time in the RAF.

But I'm speculating
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #439  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
First thing that comes to my mind is a serious illness of some description. Were there not rumours a few years ago that Philip had terminal cancer? I know it was denied at the time.

The logical assumption, I suppose, would be that the DoE is essentially withdrawing from public life with William picking up the slack.
__________________
  #440  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,427


Oh, I do hope that's not the case.
I'd rather believe some new honour will indeed be bestowed upon him; maybe he will indeed become The Prince Consort?
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, philip, prince philip, queen elizabeth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture of the month picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]