Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 23: July 2011-June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

Welcome to part 24 of the current events of

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

commencing July 2011

Part 23 covering the period August 2010 to June 2011 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...current-events-23-august-2010-a-28518-34.html .​

Last edited:

Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has met with Queen Elizabeth on July 4, 2011
at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, Scotland.

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

There is a mention of The Queen and The Duke in this article (does anyone know the event where the picture was taken?): Monaco royal wedding: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert - call that a kiss? | Mail Online

I think perhaps in the case of HM and the Doe's picture perhaps they got them in reverse order. :D I don't think I've ever seen a picture of them kissing before. We do, however, know that Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward weren't found in a cabbage patch so its kind of sweet to see this.

I think perhaps in the case of HM and the Doe's picture perhaps they got them in reverse order. :D I don't think I've ever seen a picture of them kissing before. We do, however, know that Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward weren't found in a cabbage patch so its kind of sweet to see this.

That made me laugh out loud. I don't think i've ever seen them show a public display of affection before either, but I think that's nice that they keep it to themselves. Charles and Andrew were not afraid to show affection in public with their wives, both current and previous, but Edward and Anne don't seem to fond too do so. Perhaps they got that from their parents!

The Daily Mail do write some amusing articles, true or not.

This isn't the only time that they have kissed in public:

Prince Phillip Kisses Queen Elizabeth II - Rights Managed - Corbis

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip Kiss on Millennium Day - Rights Managed - Corbis

YouTube - ‪The Queen & her Prince Philip‬‏

This isn't the only time that they have kissed in public

The big question for me comes up - aside from greeting or saying farewell at the airport - why would they be doing that? Like, they just get out of the car/carriage - oh, hey! there you are, long time no see! [smoooch]

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, opened Forth Valley Royal Hospital,
Stirling Road, Larbert today, July 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

I do not like her hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the color of the outfit. Very gentle blue. It suits Her Majesty. Though I wonder if she's not a little warm in the coats she wears even during the summer months. Unless of course it's a bit colder in Scotland than in the rest of United Kingdom.

Thankfully not - the royals were there "...to watch the "robots" working within their own exclusive network of corridors to deliver supplies such as meals and laundry to individual wards - an innovative system which has attracted worldwide interest."

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a reception for the Praemium Imperiale Awards
at Buckingham Palace in London on July 11, 2011. Prince and Princess Hitachi of Japan were present
as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Today, the Duke of Edinburgh has opened the new Sammy Ofer Wing of the National Maritime Museum,
Greenwich, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

And in the afternoon the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a garden party at Buckingham Palace.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:

On July 12, the Queen received His Excellency the Ambassador of Chad, Mr Ahmat Awad Sakine (pic 1)
and His Excellency the High Commissioner for Vanuatu, Mr Roy Mickey Joy (pic 2), who presented their
Letters of Credence at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 14, the Queen (in a great yellow sunshine dress :)) met Aminatta Forna, winner of the
2011 Commonwealth Writers Prize and received Malaysia's Prime Minister, Najib Razak with his wife
Rosmah Mansor.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Later a reception for winners of the Queen's Award for Enterprise was held at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Today, July 15, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh made a visit to Bletchley Park,
Milton Keynes and paid tribute to the codebreakers that worked at Bletchley Park.

** BBC video: Queen pays tribute to Bletchley Park Enigma codebreakers **

** The Queen's speech at Bletchley Park, 15 July 2011 **

Pics without watermarks can be found here:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: The Queen in Milton Keynes **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Visits Bletchley Park **

Last edited:

On July 12, the Queen received His Excellency the Ambassador of Chad, Mr Ahmat Awad Sakine (pic 1)
and His Excellency the High Commissioner for Vanuatu, Mr Roy Mickey Joy (pic 2), who presented their

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 14, the Queen (in a great yellow sunshine dress :)) met Aminatta Forna, winner of the
2011 Commonwealth Writers Prize and received Malaysia's Prime Minister, Najib Razak with his wife
Rosmah Mansor.

Later a reception for winners of the Queen's Award for Enterprise was held at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

In the picture of HMQ with the Prime Minister of Malaysia you can see that she has a copy of one of the engagement photos of Will and Kate on one of her side tables. It's the more formal photo where Kate's wearing the Reiss dress.

Today, July 15, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh made a visit to Bletchley Park,
Milton Keynes and paid tribute to the codebreakers that worked at Bletchley Park.

** BBC video: Queen pays tribute to Bletchley Park Enigma codebreakers **

** The Queen's speech at Bletchley Park, 15 July 2011 **

Pics without watermarks can be found here:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: The Queen in Milton Keynes **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Queen Visits Bletchley Park **
One of my favorite outfits on the Queen, and she looks SO happy!:flowers:

who presented their

** Pic 1 **
Rosmah Mansor.

Interesting headpiece choice by the ambassador of Chad, I have to say!;)

The yellow dress is lovely, but too bright! Makes my head hurt! Where is the pic of Kate in that image? Could not see it!

Its picture 2....you can see it from an angle.

Now you've done it!

My husband is strangely fascinated with the picture of HM poking at the Enigma machine. He's talking in a high-pitched voice, using received pronunciation, saying, "O, what does this button do?" And now, in a deeper voice, "OMG, Lillibet, you've just launched a missile at a German sub!"

One is amused.

My husband is strangely fascinated with the picture of HM poking at the Enigma machine. He's talking in a high-pitched voice, using received pronunciation, saying, "O, what does this button do?" And now, in a deeper voice, "OMG, Lillibet, you've just launched a missile at a German sub!" One is amused.

:ROFLMAO: This will keep me laughing through my last teacher cert exam tomorrow. It is appreciated.

I am very suprised that The Queen's cousin, Hon. Margaret Rhodes was not at Bletchley, especially as she worked there in WWI>

The Queen's knees?

Has there been any recent information about HM's need for knee replacement surgery? The original stories in the spring indicated that she would have the surgery in the summer (summer 2011?), and that four months would be needed for her recuperation. Since she would need to be ready for action in October (Australia trip), it would seem she would have the surgery very soon, likely after Zara's wedding.

I only yesterday encountered an elderly friend who was out for the first time after her April knee replacement. Said it was an extremely painful ordeal :sad: and that she was dreading having the second knee done, but that they had given her majorly 'good drugs' to deal with the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom