Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: Visit to Australia - March 11-16, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margrethe II said:
I met HM the Queen at the Royal Exhibition Building, Von Schelsian. I presented Her Most Gracious Majesty with a bunch of Australian native flowers.
"MII"

Congradulations!! I was so sorry I could not be closer to Her Majesty, but what a phenominal honour for you. The people on the other side of the driveway were awfully rude, I shall never forgive them for their baseness. No doubt, you let absolutely nothing spoil the precious moments you had with Her Majesty.

Royal Fan said:
YOU MET THE QUEEN!!! :0 You are my hero! I May mail her a Brthday Card Ive already sent an Internet greeting ( Rekon she reads em) :)

I to have sent an internet birthday greeting to Buckingham Palace via their official website... I send one every year ;) :)

HM may be quite petite...but exudes the presence of the worlds greatest, Monarch! Even for someone of my height (6'1), you can't help but feel as small as a tac.

"MII"

Last edited:
Von Schlesian said:
Congradulations!! I was so sorry I could not be closer to Her Majesty, but what a phenominal honour for you. The people on the other side of the driveway were awfully rude, I shall never forgive them for their baseness. No doubt, you let absolutely nothing spoil the precious moments you had with Her Majesty.

I was absolutely disgusted and infuriated by the protests and let it be known, much to the support of those standing around. Were you there when HM arrived or when she left? I was the first one there in the morning so as to ensure the best possible chance of greeting my sovereign. And as with HRH the Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth, it paid off!

I was there for around 7 hours...saw her arrive and leave.

Hope you're well "VS"

"MII"

Did you take any pictures that you would like to share with us. It doesnt matter how big you are the Queen has a majestic aura that will just take over and make you bow or curtsy even if you dont want to.

Margrethe II said:
I was absolutely disgusted and infuriated by the protests and let it be known, much to the support of those standing around. Were you there when HM arrived or when she left? I was the first one there in the morning so as to ensure the best possible chance of greeting my sovereign. And as with HRH the Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth, it paid off!

I was there for around 7 hours...saw her arrive and leave.

Hope you're well "VS"

"MII"
Had I not been requested to attend a reception with HRH The Earl of Wessex at 10:00, I would have been there with you MII:) Your unquestionable dedication to our Sovereign was certainly recognised! I was there when Her Majesty arrived, but then walked to the Royal Society of Victoria for the following reception with HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. I must say, the security measures were particularly swift, after Her Majesty departed the Royal Exhibition Building with the Countess of Airlie, many of the spectators thought that HRH The Duke of Edinburgh would not be attending. Then from a totally different direction (Nicholson street), HRH's car appeared, and before I knew it, he was walking before me.

Von Schlesian said:
after Her Majesty departed the Royal Exhibition Building with the Countess of Airlie.

I was certain it was the Countess of Airlie (Virginia Fortune Ogilvy).

I couldn't very well enquire, however ;) :D

"MII"

Queen Elizabeth is much royal visit and she be 80th birthday april and his husband prince Philip be 85th birthday june 2006!!! Wow they is much be able to with despite high age royal visit many day in Australia! They is happy and love beautiful royal togehter in Australia! Queen Elizabeth got many beautiful flowers from children and people in Australia!

I dought very much that HRH Crown Princess Mary will attend the Games. These are the Commonwealth Games and Denmark has nothing to do with the Commonwealth.

The Queen's Australian Visit, and the shorten version of God save The Queen

The Australian organizers of the Oprning Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games, were just plain rude to The Queen.

They had Kiri sing Happy Birthday, and straight into 8 bars of God Save The Queen. The poor woman was caught on the hop, and struggled to stand for the Anthem. I felt embrassed for her, as did MANY others.
Where are the priorities, all of Happy Birthday, and only 8 bars of God Save The Queen.

Come on Australia, we pride ourselves on a fair deal, but was plain rude to The Queen of Australia.

Joye
aka HRH

I thought that Dame Kiri Te Kanawa singing Happy Birthday was lovely but they should have sang the entire Royal Anthem and they should not have caught Her Majesty unawares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom