Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: Visit to Australia - March 11-16, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margrethe II said:
Of course your not...

The comment was meant as friendly banter, Australian... don't get your republican underwear in a knot now ;) :D :)

"MII"

P.S. that too was meant as harmless fun, just incase you thought otherwise.

I knew that Margrethe II, thats why i put the smily face on the post, just as you did. So no confusion occured Margrethe. :)

Australian said:
I knew that Margrethe II, thats why i put the smily face on the post, just as you did. So no confusion occured Margrethe. :)

Ok, thank you "A" :)

"MII"

HM the Queen & HRH the Duke of Edinburgh have attended a Parliamentary State dinner, held in Canberra.

The Honourable Prime Minister John Howard was host.

The royal entourage leaves for Melbourne tomorrow, mid morning.

Source: Getty Images
fe578c3f.jpg

16bd93cf.jpg

d4209ade.jpg

66542b3c.jpg

7a5e7071.jpg

"MII"

Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
I'm so excited and happy today, I saw the Queen just about 5m away from me at the Opera House!...
Congratulations HMQEII for seeing HM up close, and thank you for giving us an on-the-spot report. Your trip to Sydney was a success! :)

Warren said:
Congratulations HMQEII for seeing HM up close, and thank you for giving us an on-the-spot report. Your trip to Sydney was a success! :)
Thanks Warren, i was really happy seeing Her Majesty, i still feeling that now:) , here i want to post some photos that i could take in Sydney that day:

Prince Philip, Marlena Jeffery, Queen Elizabeth II and Governor General Michael Jeffery pose for a photo at Government House Canberra, 14 March 2006.

from profimedia

Aussie singer Delta Goodrem will be singing at tonight's opening ceremony. She'll be singing a song that she wrote along with Brian McFadden & Guy Chambers:

Together We Are One

Here we are
Sharing our lives
We made it through
The good and bad times
And still we stand
With hope in our hearts
No matter what
We will play our part
And now we've come so far
One chance to touch a star
Go higher ... and higher
Find your guiding inspiration
In a place where dreams are made
With a lifetime's preparation
It's no time to be afraid
Put our difference behind us
While you shine like a sun
See what we've all become
Together we are one
Inside, your heart and soul
You reach so high
To reach your goal
And her we stay
With everything
You gave it all
Till there is nothing left
Seek out the strength to win
No thoughts of giving in
Go higher
Then higher
Put our differences behind us
While we're shining like a sun
Together we are one
Put our differences behind us
While we're shining like a sun
Together we are one

And Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip have arrived in Melbourne, but no pictures have been put on the Internet yet!!

Her Majesty The Queen walks past a portrait of herself painted by fans as she arrives at a luncheon with Australian Prime Minister John Howard March 15, 2006 in Melbourne, Australia.
Getty Images, Profimedia

Last edited:
A few more from the Queen & Prince Philip arriving in Melbourne today

Did HM change outfits on the aeroplane? Because in Sydney she's wearing a blue outfit getting on the plane, and in Melbourne getting off the plane she's wearing the green outfit?

And one from last night's dinner

Images from Polfoto

Not too long till the Opening Ceremony now!!! :D :D

JessRulz said:
A few more from the Queen & Prince Philip arriving in Melbourne today
Did HM change outfits on the aeroplane? Because in Sydney she's wearing a blue outfit getting on the plane, and in Melbourne getting off the plane she's wearing the green outfit?
It would certainly seem that she changed outfits on the flight from Canberra to Melbourne. That is a surprise as it is short flight but she must have freshened up by changing.

She looked great as she boarded the plane in Canberra but wearing green again in Melbourne - um - as a Sydneysider I suppose she had to wear the same colour just so as not to show favouritism to one city over the other.:D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I really respect HM's energy...for a dame of her age with the amount of travelling she has to do on this trip! WOW!!!!!

She's coming to Singapore soon!!!!

The Opening Ceremony has just started, and may I say, the opening few minutes have been very nice. I really liked the bit where they went through a picture all the other 17 Comm. Games in the leading up to M2006. And the fish are now sprooting water....

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip and Prince Edward arrive at the Opening Ceremony for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground March 15, 2006 in Melbourne, Australia.

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
What a fantastic trip this has been so far, it's just wonderful to see Her Majesty performing this visit with such energy and success, and her wardrobe so far has been lovely. It's hard to find words even to describe the special feeling for this visit, if it will really be her last big tour...

chrissy57 said:
At my place of work, a school, the sentiment was "ho hum" who is she and why is she here? We should be a republic and do away with this anachronism'

Maybe some people, including the kids, were trying to wind me up but the attitude really was - who cares about her.

Sorry - but that was my experience today at a Western Sydney school.

NB These are NOT my sentiments but those of the kids and my colleagues.
I can understand that. It's often a generational thing. I was born in 1985, am staunch royalist, but realistic enough to realise we probably don't have long left before we become a republic. :(

Queen Elizabeth watching the swimming competition, March 16th
Getty Images

Last edited:
More pictures of HM Queen Elizabeth in Australia

Queen Elizabeth at Day 1 of the swimming competition at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games at the Aquatic Centre March 16, 2006
Source - getty images

Attachments

• 57101905.jpg
    57101905.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 57102398.jpg
    57102398.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 238
  • 57102396.jpg
    57102396.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 57102387.jpg
    57102387.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 57102385.jpg
    57102385.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 57102168.jpg
    57102168.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 57102153.jpg
    57102153.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 57102147.jpg
    57102147.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 57102421.jpg
    57102421.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 57102422.jpg
    57102422.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
I have once again seen my Queen!! Her Majesty attracted a huge crowd in Melbourne for the luncheon held at the Royal Exhibition Building. I was able to attend a reception at the Royal Society of Victoria and meet HRH THe Duke of Edinburgh. It was such a thrill, HRH being also the Colonel-in-Chief of my corps. Earlier on Wednesday, I was fortunate enough to have attended another reception with HRH The Earl of Wessex which was also fantastic. It was a wonderful day that I wish had lasted longer, but I'm sure we all feel that after such occasions.

Von Schlesian may I ask what were The Duke of Edinburgh and The Earl of Wessex like? Were they polite friendly rude? Just wondering.

Also I have a question which I hope someone can answer. Why do England, Scotland and Whales compete as three countries in the Commonwealth Games but all compete as Great Britian in the olympics?

Von Schlesian said:
I have once again seen my Queen!! Her Majesty attracted a huge crowd in Melbourne for the luncheon held at the Royal Exhibition Building.

I met HM the Queen at the Royal Exhibition Building, Von Schelsian. I presented Her Most Gracious Majesty with a bunch of Australian native flowers.

"MII"

Last edited:
YOU MET THE QUEEN!!! :0 You are my hero! I May mail her a Brthday Card Ive already sent an Internet greeting ( Rekon she reads em) :)

lise said:
Von Schlesian may I ask what were The Duke of Edinburgh and The Earl of Wessex like? Were they polite friendly rude? Just wondering.
Their Royal Highnesses were both extremely polite, dignified and warm. Both exercised remarkable cheer and made all those around them feel at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom