Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: State Visit to the USA - May 3-8, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's visit to the USA - 3 to 8 May, 2007

The Official Website of the Royal Family has released the full programme of the visit.

3 May 2007: Richmond

Afternoon: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Governor's Mansion before undertaking a walkabout to Capitol for an arrival and greetings ceremony. The Queen makes a speech to the Virginia Assembly.

Evening: Arrival in Williamsburg.

4 May 2007: Williamsburg

Morning: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at the Jamestown Settlement. The Queen tours the Fort whilst The Duke of Edinburgh tours the ship LADY SUSAN.

Her Majesty and His Royal Highness arrive at the Jamestown archaeological site. The Queen visits the museum whilst The Duke of Edinburgh visits the vault (conservation facility).

The Royal couple view part of the original well before a tour of the dig and site. They present a gift to people of Virginia.

The Queen attends a lunch at the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg.

The Duke of Edinburgh attends a lunch in Norfolk.

Afternoon: The Queen visits William and Mary College where she meets students and academic alumni, requests the ringing of Wren Bell and receives a class award.

The Duke of Edinburgh attends a reception onboard USS WISCONSIN.

5 May 2007: Kentucky

Afternoon: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attend the Kentucky Derby.

6 May 2007: Washington

Evening: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh arrive at Andrews Air Force Base.

7 May 2007: Washington

Morning: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attend an arrival ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House. They inspect an Honour Guard and meet guests: Queen and President make speeches. A Private lunch follows.

Afternoon: Photograph ofHer Majesty and His Royal Highness with Commonwealth ambassadors

They attend a Garden Party at the Ambassador's Residence.

Evening: State Dinner

8 May 2007: Washington

Morning: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh visit the NASA Goddard Space Flight Centre.

The Queen meets staff and visits the Mission Control Centre.

The Duke of Edinburgh tours the spacecraft test facilities and robotics.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh view the 'Science on a Sphere' exhibition and plant a tree at the Visitor Centre.

8 May 2007: Washington

Morning: The Queen holds an Investiture (three honorary awards) at the Ambassador's Residence.

Afternoon: Her Majesty and His Royal Highness plant a tree at the Ambassador's Residence before visiting the Children's National Medical Center.

The Queen visits the cardiac ward whilst The Duke of Edinburgh
visits the research facility.

Her Majesty and His Royal Highness meet young patients in recreational activities.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh visit the World War II National Memorial where they lay a wreath; meet veterans of the war in the Pacific; visit the Field of Stars and meet GI war brides.

Evening: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh host a return dinner at the Ambassador's Residence, also attended by the President and Mrs Bush.

Depart Washington via Andrews Air Force Base.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am forwarding to see them coming to USA . I hope they will have good time..and safety too....

Green Queen offsets US trip

The Queen is to carbon offset her state visit to the US next month, Buckingham Palace has said

ITV News - Green Queen offsets US trip

Amazing, when Charles offset his visit to the states, the press chose to ignore it! :bang:

Be proper should you cross paths with queen

"The royal treatment" is a phrase that is liberally tossed around. It's used to describe luxurious spas and hotels, and sometimes the frivolous requests of bridezillas and celebrities.

Be proper should you cross paths with queen

:rolleyes:

I am going to be watching the Kentucky Derby just to see The Queen. I never watch horseracing, but this time it is special. I hope the networks show her in the stands. Will she meet the winner?

Queen Elizabeth to visit NASA

NASA officials say Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland next month.

The May 8 tour of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration facility in Greenbelt, Md., is scheduled near the end of the queen's visit to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown settlement in Virginia.
"NASA is honored to be one of the U.S. organizations hosting a visit by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth," said NASA Administrator Michael Griffin. "The United States and the United Kingdom have a strong partnership in space, from British-born mission astronauts who serve in NASA's astronaut corps to the numerous joint scientific and research efforts under way." The royal visit to Goddard will include a presentation and reception with employees, a demonstration of the new Science on a Sphere visualization system, and a tree planting ceremony at the Goddard visitor center.

Christo's Girl said:
I am going to be watching the Kentucky Derby just to see The Queen. I never watch horseracing, but this time it is special. I hope the networks show her in the stands. Will she meet the winner?

I should think so. What a pity she didnt go last year when Barbaro won.

Nice to see the Queen showing some interest in science.

Avalon said:
Queen Elizabeth to visit NASA

NASA officials say Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland next month.

The May 8 tour of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration facility in Greenbelt, Md., is scheduled near the end of the queen's visit to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown settlement in Virginia.
"NASA is honored to be one of the U.S. organizations hosting a visit by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth," said NASA Administrator Michael Griffin. "The United States and the United Kingdom have a strong partnership in space, from British-born mission astronauts who serve in NASA's astronaut corps to the numerous joint scientific and research efforts under way." The royal visit to Goddard will include a presentation and reception with employees, a demonstration of the new Science on a Sphere visualization system, and a tree planting ceremony at the Goddard visitor center.

This should be one of the busiest trip the Queen has in recent year, with a Return Dinner to be held and then gets on the plane head back to the UK. I look forward to see the thread will have wonderful coverage pics of this historic visit.

The Queen Visits America

The Queen Visits America

After A Half-Century On The Job, Elizabeth II Defines What Being Royal Really Means

(CBS) For a show that opened in 1952 — and has never missed a curtain — you might have thought the viewing public would have tired of it by now. But this show has got legs like no other.

It's a show with a somewhat perverse appeal. Instead of giving its audience something new all the time, it gives it the same old thing over and over.

The Queen Visits America, After A Half-Century On The Job, Elizabeth II Defines What Being Royal Really Means - CBS News

I had heard that when the Queen is in Virginia, she'll be meeting with some of the survivors of the Virginia Tech tragedy. Is there any truth to that?

I believe QE owns property in Virginia, does she not? Will she be staying there? If not, then where will they stay?

Dont Know Wish shed come to my State im not saying where :p

Royal Fan said:
Dont Know Wish shed come to my State im not saying where :p

Well, it says "Monterey" underneath your username, so I would take it to mean you live in California.

I'm going to Richmond today and then to Williamsburg to see Her Majesty Today and Tomorrow and I am oh so excited. I'll post any and all pictures I take of Her visit.

That's really good for you JPinala!I saw Her Majesty when she and the Duke visited Sydney last year and it was just wonderful experience!Hope you have a lot of fun today and tomorrow (i'm sure you do=])

Fotogallery - Quotidiano.Net

Corriere.it dedicated a short article to visit of Her Majesty in USA and made a gallery with some known and unknown photos with Queen- p.ex young Elizabeth walking with penguins in ZOO...

Christo's Girl said:

I will also be watching for the Queen;I watch the Derby every year,anyway,but it will be fun to see the Queen.

And,yes,it's true the Queen will be paying a visit to Virginia Tech;I just heard it reported on the news that she is going to pay her respects to the victims.

Last edited:
They have arrived!!!!!! CNN's website has all the latest coverage!!!!

I'm so excited. I'm going to try to get to DC on Tuesday to see her there!

The Queen's outfit is smashing. Well make the most of it chaps and chappesses. I have a feeling this will be the last visit HM makes to the colonies.

i like the unusual color combination in her outfit, very striking contrast but lovely on her. watched live on cnn, she gave a nice speech, she has a beautiful voice and was well received. the comments more are about her grandson serving in the royal forces, while only a very few people in power have children serving in our armed forces, its generating a very lively debate. also a few stories have been about her anticipation of the derby saturday and how she is looking forward to seeing it in person, and people are looking forward to seeing her. God Save The Queen

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh (behind) arrive at Richmond International Airport 03 May 2007 in Richmond ,Virginia

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Elizabeth II visits with a group of local school children in Virginia's State Capitol building, inside the old Senate chamber in Richmond, Virginia, U.S. on 03 May 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

(L-R) Anne Holton, wife of Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia, Queen Elizabeth II, Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia, and Prince Philip are seen as they watch a Native American dance outside the Virginia State Capitol in Richmond, Virginia, U.S. on 03 May 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom