The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth received Sir Magdi Yacoub, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Imperial College London, during an audience where he presented the Insignia of a member of the Order of Merit on June 10, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 06-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth received Sir Magdi Yacoub, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Imperial College London, during an audience where he presented the Insignia of a member of the Order of Merit on June 10, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I imagine someone was looking down and smiling.
Love her Majesty's outfit - very summery.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Majesty

Guests at Buckingham Palace garden party BANNED from wishing Prince Philip a 'happy birthday'-
Guests at Buckingham Palace garden party BANNED from wishing Prince Philip a 'happy birthday' - Mirror Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Courtier

A Coupe Months Ago I Sent The Queen a Birthday Card and Today I Got a Reply in the Mail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1402550142.490521.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	291658Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1402550277.578708.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	291660
Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

What a nice surprise, BritishRoyalist, I'm happy for you!

While Queen Elizabeth has officially opened the new Westminster School's sports centre in Londo today, June 12,

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

the Duke of Edinburgh has been in Fallingbostel, Germany to present Operational Service medals to the 4th Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 06-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen has officially opened the new sports centre at Westminster School in central London this morning. Her Majesty met staff and pupils during a guided tour of the new facility on Greycoat Street, and watched demonstrations of climbing and judo before unveiling a commemorative plaque to mark her visit-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful photos of the queen and DOE- traveling to Germany, not bad for 93-year-old!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
A Coupe Months Ago I Sent The Queen a Birthday Card and Today I Got a Reply in the Mail!

Attachment 291658Attachment 291660

Wow!! Now that's a keepsake and then some!

Quite the day for the 90 + group. The DoE in Germany on Duty and Fmr US President George H.W. Bush went on a tandem skydive today to mark his 90th Birthday.

I want to be like them if I make it to 90.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Video:
Her Majesty the Queen has met the President of Nauru Baron Divavesi Waqa and his wife at Buckingham Palace today-
Home - ITNSource News

I think the President of Nauru and his wife was a bit overwhelmed in meeting Her Majesty.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Both QEII and Prince Phillip seems to be in fine form considering their age, judging from these pics of first QEII at a sportsclub.

Article: Queen Elizabeth enjoys judo and wall climbing | Royalista

And the Duke of Edinburgh in Germany:

Article: Prince Philip presents medals in Lower Saxony | Royalista
Old 06-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Hats off to a very thrifty Queen! Her Majesty is elegant in a recycled ensemble as she meets cheering children at a London school | Mail Online
Old 06-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

It's odd seeing the DoE handing out medals in civilian dress. Maybe, with having to travel to Germany, it was just easier for him not to have to change his outfit as well?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

In the first picture of Prince Philip in Germany,
Philip looks very distinguished in his dress hat.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, June 13, the Duke of Edinburgh as Patron of the Federation of London Youth Clubs visited Hindleap Warren Outdoor Education Centre in Sussex.

** Pic ** eastgrinsteadcourier.co.uk: Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh visits Hindleap Warren **
Old 06-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Player breaks royal protocol by placing a hand on the Queen's back at Cartier Polo Cup | Mail Online
Old 06-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I know this is very much against protocol for someone to touch the Queen (other than an handshake), I have to admit it does make me smile. The article lists quite a few of these faux pas and it makes me think that perhaps HM is the most beloved grandmotherly figure in the world. One just feels the need to protect her and show affection for this wonderful lady.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 AM
Nobility

I know, it is not quite a current event, but I simply found this Video amazing - given all the history around QE II and her uncle - the Duke of Windsor.

Unveiling Queen Mary Plaque - Technicolor - British Pathé
Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although I know this is very much against protocol for someone to touch the Queen (other than an handshake), I have to admit it does make me smile. The article lists quite a few of these faux pas and it makes me think that perhaps HM is the most beloved grandmotherly figure in the world. One just feels the need to protect her and show affection for this wonderful lady.
Agree, I don't think there was any disrespect in this, on the contrary. To me it seems like an endearment. Especially towards an elderly lady.

Here is an article and additional pics: http://royalista.com/13599/queen-eli...-polo/?lang=en
Old 06-16-2014, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Here is an article and additional pics: Queen Elizabeth gets a pat on the back at polo | Royalista
I like that the article mentioned:
Dressed in royal blue Angela Kelly with the Tudor Rose Brooch, the Queen looked fresh as a daisy after the Trooping of the Colour the previous day.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen hosts Chinese Premier

The Queen hosts Chinese Prime Minister - ITV News