The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Courtier

There you go.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The Queen took all flowers on Christmas day. She didn't do it on Sunday, several days after Christmas.
Ok Ok my mistake..It was on the Sunday after Christmas.. But even then Princess Anne took all the flowers. It was not at all bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Personally I thought the best quote was

"....... and she was in public - so she should perform."
Muriel, the quote is great. But as a statement it is very very vague and the interpretation is totally subjective..

Old 01-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Personally I think peoples are making too much of a big deal out of this. The Queen is 87. For all we know Her back or legs could be bothering her lately, You don't know and they are not going to release statement if that what it s and they shouldn't have too.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Here are some suggestions some posters made to "help" the situation..

1.If she cant perform on account of age, she should delegate her duties to others
Oh..so they mean another discussion on abdication? Or they mean that Charles should stand by to collect flowers?
And FYI..Princess Anne received flowers on behalf of HM on Christmas. This was so clearly reported by the even utterly stupid DM..So whats the problem..
Accepting flowers from the public is not a formal duty of the sort which can be delegated, it is a personal moment in which there is contact between monarch and individual subject. As admirable as Princess Anne is in her own right, having Princess Anne available as a stand-in for HM for this purpose is just not the same. And I'm prepared to bet that Princess Anne did not take those flowers with her and give them to her mother.

But this issue has surely been resolved now. HM has set a precedent and repeated it for emphasis and I expect the number of flower-clutching youngsters will drop off.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ At this moment in time, most of the crowd would be deleriously happy to have W and K collect the flowers. Not sure that it is in the BRF's best interest for the 'number if flower-clutching youngsters' to drop off.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Please note that all off topic posts regarding the Queen and hunting have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk

Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Get ready for tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Zara Phillips looks ready to pop as she watches her horses compete at point-to-point just days from her due date | Mail Online

I think Lady Brabourne was a guest at Sandringham this weekend.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just checked future engagements at royal.gov.

Nothing through next month for the Queen, as of yet. The Dike of Edinburgh's schedule resumes on Feb. 3.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Courtier

No flower collection... 3rd week in a row. Hope some of the parents have gotten the message.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Courtier

The Queen and Lady Helen Stewart drove to and from church whilst the Duke of Edinburgh walked with Lady Brabourne and daughter, Alexandra Knatchbull,and Sir Jackie Stewart.
Afterwards the Hon Mary Morrison (Lady in Waiting)collected flowers from children which she said she would "take for The Queen".
The British Royals Message Board: Today at Sandringham
Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 21h The Queen didn’t stop to accept flowers again this week for the 3rd week in a row - could it be age, or just getting back for dinner?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Queen leaving church at Sandringham, Norfolk
face to face

http://www.brunopress.nl/bin/Brunopr...&rnd=3496.5.37

Quote:
The Queen is most admired person in Britain says poll

The results from a YouGov poll were revealed earlier today which asked members of the British public to vote for the person they most admired. In the top spot, with almost 20% of the overall vote, was Her Majesty The Queen.
http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/theque...ays-poll-22121
Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well played marine2109. And I'm enjoying this floral avatar of yours, every time I see it. Thanks for the winter lift.

“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 01-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 21h The Queen didn’t stop to accept flowers again this week for the 3rd week in a row - could it be age, or just getting back for dinner?
But the flowers were collected ... by guests

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh Attend Church

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Nobility

I'm glad someone collected them. According to Getty Images, she is Mary Morrison, a lady-in-waiting.

Lt Col Charles Richards Deputy Master Of The Household And
Old 01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she is there as a guest and friend as is Sir Jackie and Lady Stewart

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
My money's on dinner. Well, you expected me to say that, didn't you?

Having a lady in waiting sweep them up is just not the same thing, IMO. I can't imagine people saying to themselves, 'Oh, let's take some flowers along to give to the Queen's lady in waiting or whatever other random person HM delegates because she has stopped receiving them herself'. I'm surprised there were so many flowers to collect. Maybe it's the eternal optimist in people, or maybe those people haven't been reading the papers.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Gentry

Or perhaps they just don't care who collects them and that they are simply content in showing their appreciation and affection for the Queen regardless.

No offense (which usually means someone will be) but I often get the idea that non Brits underestimate just how much the Queen is loved by the majority of the UK populace.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
No offense (which usually means someone will be)
They are bound to, its what they do ! You're right, i agree that the non-Brits {Particularly the types from 'the colonies' } seem unable to 'get' the esteem in which the Queen is held here.