The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
A patron along with about 100 other people. Evidently, he wasn't invited. Can't invite one and not them all right?
Exactly.. Oh, well.
__________________

__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,994
.

Yesterday, November 6, Queen Elizabeth received the Governor of the Bank of England Mark Carney and Corporal Daniel Keighran, who received the Victoria Cross for Australia for his actions in Afghanistan, at Buckingham Palace.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Yesterday, November 6, Queen Elizabeth received the Governor of the Bank of England Mark Carney and Corporal Daniel Keighran, who received the Victoria Cross for Australia for his actions in Afghanistan, at Buckingham Palace.



*** Pic 2 ***
See pic 2, I wonder what Mark Carney said?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 11-07-2013, 02:25 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest Finland, Finland
Posts: 14,913
According to the website of the swedish royal court, queen Elizabeth met crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel at a private meeting at the Buckingham Palace today.
Kronprinsessparet besöker London, dag 1 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 11-08-2013, 03:30 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,994


It would be nice if they released at least one pic, comparable to the one with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.


Yesterday, November 7, Queen Elizabeth also received the High Commissioner of Grenada Joslyn Whiteman and his wife for an audience:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to the website of the swedish royal court, queen Elizabeth met crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel at a private meeting at the Buckingham Palace today.
Kronprinsessparet besöker London, dag 1 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post


It would be nice if they released at least one pic, comparable to the one with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.


Yesterday, November 7, Queen Elizabeth also received the High Commissioner of Grenada Joslyn Whiteman and his wife for an audience:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I suspect that BP view the meeting with Victoria and Daniel as a private meeting, and hence, no pictures released. Query whether it gets a mention in the court circular. Compare that with the meeting with the High Commissioner of Grenada.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,321
Private meeting and not in the Court Circular
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post


It would be nice if they released at least one pic, comparable to the one with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect that BP view the meeting with Victoria and Daniel as a private meeting, and hence, no pictures released. Query whether it gets a mention in the court circular. Compare that with the meeting with the High Commissioner of Grenada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Private meeting and not in the Court Circular
Just proves my point. Thank you, Cepe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,410
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Visit SSAFA-
Home - ITNSource News

I'm just noticing that it was Prince & Princess Michael of Kent that greeted The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. Surprised Philip didn't kiss Princess Michael.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,321
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh Open The SSAFA Headquarters In London

The Queen is Patron of SSAFA but Prince Michael is the President - has been for years. Apparently he gave the Queen a long-service badge as she has been Patron for 60 years. That doesn't happen that way round very often.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 565
11th November 2013
The Duke of Edinburgh

Senior Colonel, Household Division and Colonel, Grenadier Guards, will attend a Last Post ceremony in Ypres, Belgium, to mark gathering of soil from Flanders Fields for a memorial garden at the Guards Museum in London.


I wonder if he will meet any members of the Belgian RF?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Freehold, New Jersey,, United States
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Who is Kate Bush and, she looks like she just got out of bed. I was under the impression you are supposed to at least look presentable when you meet the Queen. Hmm.
Kate Bush is a singer-songwriter. Her most famous singles are "Running Up That Hill" and "Wuthering Heights".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Visit SSAFA-
Home - ITNSource News

I'm just noticing that it was Prince & Princess Michael of Kent that greeted The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. Surprised Philip didn't kiss Princess Michael.
HM did not kiss Princess Michael either. Is there tension between these two couples?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
HM did not kiss Princess Michael either. Is there tension between these two couples?
Depends if you want to believe rumours.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,029
I have seen engagements with the Gloucester's also where the Duke has kissed the Queens hand and the Duchess has curtsied without kissing her but no big deal has been made about it. It seems that some people look for controversy where the Michaels are concerned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 565
Might be because of the hats? You can see Prince Michael knock the Queen's when he kisses her so i imagine HM and the Princess thought best not to even try.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh Open The SSAFA Headquarters In London

The Queen is Patron of SSAFA but Prince Michael is the President - has been for years. Apparently he gave the Queen a long-service badge as she has been Patron for 60 years. That doesn't happen that way round very often.
Love the second picture in about the 5th? row down with Her Majesty and a little girl. A Granny moment.
__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love the second picture in about the 5th? row down with Her Majesty and a little girl. A Granny moment.
That is such a cute image.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 11-11-2013, 03:43 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,321
The Queen has taken on another role as she has agreed to be Colonel in Chief of a Canadian regiment.


Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Accepts Royal appointment as Colonel-in-Chief of the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders

I think belongs under HMQ patronages thread but I can't find it. Could a mod move it if that is the case, thank you.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I have seen engagements with the Gloucester's also where the Duke has kissed the Queens hand and the Duchess has curtsied without kissing her but no big deal has been made about it. It seems that some people look for controversy where the Michaels are concerned.
There is always going to be controversy over how some people (not just the Michaels) greet the Queen and Prince Philip. It could also be that the Queen is a little stiff and sore on some days and the Michaels were being considerate.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]