The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HM met with the new Ambassador to Italy, Pasquale Terracciano, during an audience at Buckingham Palace today (October 16th):

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...2(443x388).jpg
http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...1(443x388).jpg

She also spoke with members of the European Parliament at Buckingham Palace yesterday (October 15th). Prince Philip was present too:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...0DE%20MPs3.jpg
http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...0DE%20MPs1.jpg

On the same day she and Philip hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace for MPs and MEPs:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...0DE%20MPs2.jpg

NB: All photos and information are from the official website of the BRF.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, October 17, Queen Elizabeth met Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan Vaughn Schofield during an audience at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And today, October 18, the Duke of Edinburgh attended the renaming ceremony for 'The City Of Adelaide' clipper ship at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Philip at a Clipper Ship Renaming Ceremony **

As Patron of The Forty Club the Duke of Edinburgh attended the annual dinner at Lord's Cricket Ground that evening:

** thefortyclub.co.uk: The 2013 Annual Dinner at Lord’s **

Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the National Theatre in London today to celebrate its 50th anniversary ahead of a Gala performance in November-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visit The National Theatre-
The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visit The National Theatre - Pictures - Zimbio

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Majesty

How is one feeling the morning after, ma'am? Queen appears fresh-faced at National Theatre event following a late night dinner date with Prince Phillip-
The Queen is fresh-faced following a late night date with Phillip | Mail Online

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh looked great last night. Nice to know they went out to dinner.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
How is one feeling the morning after, ma'am? Queen appears fresh-faced at National Theatre event following a late night dinner date with Prince Phillip-

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh looked great last night. Nice to know they went out to dinner.
It just proves you are never too old for a Date Night. How wonderful and didn't Phillip look fantastic? It's terrific they were able to have a night on the town. :)
Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Courtier

There is a error at the beginning of the article where it says Great-Great Grandmother. The Queen doesn't have any great great grandchildrens.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
There is a error at the beginning of the article where it says Great-Great Grandmother. The Queen doesn't have any great great grandchildrens.
It's one of many. It's also The Daily Mail therefore...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
With HM in pretty good health and the history of longevity in the family, I'd have to add the word "yet" to your sentence.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

Considering Savannah is going on 3, I would think the queen is happy just to be a great grandmother at this point. :)
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Video:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the National Theatre in London today to celebrate its 50th anniversary ahead of a Gala performance in November-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visit The National Theatre-
The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visit The National Theatre - Pictures - Zimbio
Quote:

First-Love the pictures. The Queen looked divine in that outfit. Lady Olliver's hair and shades- The Queen inspecting that horse.
Second- Love that the Queen and Prince Philip got to go on a date night. Phillip looked so handsome in the tux. Loved the photo from the theater engagement where Her Majesty is looking at a replica of the coronation chair.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It just proves you are never too old for a Date Night. How wonderful and didn't Phillip look fantastic? It's terrific they were able to have a night on the town. :)
I agree with you completely. It's so important to have a 'date night' in order to reconnect, and just be. So glad that Her Majesty and His Highness are able to do that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Video:
Queen Receives Korean Ambassador at Buckingham Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Must be very nice to arrive in an open carriage at Buckingham Palace.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 7m
All roads leading up to Buckingham Palace have been closed this morning because of the storm.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 7m
The Queen, who spends weekends at Windsor Castle, is supposed to return to Buckingham Palace at around mid-day today.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalCentral: The President of Afghanistan is to call upon The Queen at Buckingham Palace today, it’s announced. The President arrived in the UK on Monday
Old 10-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some pics of their meeting today (click to enlarge and click on zoom for the largest versions):

** gettyimages/zimbio: The President of Afghanistan Meets With Queen Elizabeth II **
Old 10-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
The Queen has given her approval to a new Royal Charter which Britain's press has vowed to resist because it amounts to state regulation.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
The Queen has given her approval to a new Royal Charter which Britain's press has vowed to resist because it amounts to state regulation.
I admit I had no idea what was the issue with this issue.

It may deserve it's own thread if people want to discuss it.

My summary, after some reading is that people generally agreed that some News agencies had exceeded acceptable bounds over the last couple of years (the whole cell phone tapping scandal and violations of national security that arose out of it).
To fix this, Nick Clegg and the privy council issued a Royal Warrant for News agencies that want to abide by voluntary rules to play nice. The voluntary rules seem to go a bit far to many news agencies and impede a free press. Democracies do flourish with a free press.
Using the voluntary Royal Warrant was an unusual way to address the issue (and kept the usual democratic voices of parliament out of the solution).
So - it is a big kerfuffle.
Sorry to my friends in the UK if I oversimplified this. I did want to understand why the Queen was being branded a foul enemy of democracy.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I admit I had no idea what was the issue with this issue. It may deserve it's own thread if people want to discuss it. My summary, after some reading is that people generally agreed that some News agencies had exceeded acceptable bounds over the last couple of years (the whole cell phone tapping scandal and violations of national security that arose out of it). To fix this, Nick Clegg and the privy council issued a Royal Warrant for News agencies that want to abide by voluntary rules to play nice. The voluntary rules seem to go a bit far to many news agencies and impede a free press. Democracies do flourish with a free press. Using the voluntary Royal Warrant was an unusual way to address the issue (and kept the usual democratic voices of parliament out of the solution). So - it is a big kerfuffle. Sorry to my friends in the UK if I oversimplified this. I did want to understand why the Queen was being branded a foul enemy of democracy.
The thing some don't understand is that the Queen act on the advice of her ministers
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Nobility

The Press will scream 'blue murder' sbout this, but get scant sympathy from the public who are wholly disgusted with its antics in recent years and who {in any case} largely get their 'news' in other forms than the print media these days.

Only today the ex editor of the discredited and defunct 'News of the World' went to trial...So the new arrangement is well timed...
Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The Press will scream 'blue murder' sbout this, but get scant sympathy from the public who are wholly disgusted with its antics in recent years and who {in any case} largely get their 'news' in other forms than the print media these days. Only today the ex editor of the discredited and defunct 'News of the World' went to trial...So the new arrangement is well timed...
Agree and most Newspapers in the U.K are tabloids centric nowadays