Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To whom will Queen pass over her racing business, breeding stud farms and all.. Is Charles interested much in that beyond polo? I doubt William and harry are interested..not to mention Kate's "allergy"..
I think it will be good to pass off that entire setup to Anne's family..Now that Peter has also come into this field, both brother and sister can work full time on that..
The Royal Stud has existed in one form or another since before the days of Charles II with some sovereigns being more personally involved than others. Queen Anne founded Royal Ascot and The Crown still owns the grounds; George II's second son The Duke of Cumberland bred the great Eclipse; Edward VII bred the Triple Crown winner Diamond Jubilee etc. I would think it will remain much the same in the future with some sovereigns being more involved and some hardly at all, but still The Royal Stud will remain as such. As far as The Princess Royal's family "taking it over" while of course I'm not aware of the family's long-term financial situation racing and breeding is a VERY expensive undertaking and not many people can afford it long-term. Also, Anne's family is involved in eventing, not Thoroughbred racing; they're very different disciplines and often use different kinds of horses.

Last edited:
I'm guessing The Queen has filmed or will be filming her annual Christmas Message this month. Can't wait to see it.

Father of Zoe Wanamaker! Lovely dedication.

@MaxFosterCNN: South Africa's Desmond Tutu is stopping by Buckingham Palace today for an audience with The Queen. Fifth time they've met.

Last edited:
Video:
Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Visit The Shard-

The Queen asked for a bird's eye view of Buckingham Palace as she looked across London's skyline from the top of The Shard. She went up western Europe's tallest building, standing at 1,016ft (310m) high, with the Duke of Edinburgh as the royal couple visited the London borough of Southwark today.

The Queen peered through an interactive telescope on the landmark's 69th floor, before braving the cold weather on the 800ft (244m) high open-air viewing gallery of the building at London Bridge.
Home - ITNSource News

:previous:

Here's a pic of their meeting yesterday:

** Pic **

Queen Elizabeth also received the High Commissioner of Uganda Professor Joyce Kakuramatsi Kikafunda and the Ambassador from Luxembourg Patrick Engelberg:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery, November 20 **

Is that a picture of Prince Philip beside the couch, in the red frame, on the right of the picture? It kind of looks like him but it is hard to tell.

If I didnt know better I would think the Queen is afraid of heights. I cant blame her of course, it is an awful feeling in the pit of your stomach and quite a dizzy feeling. I could be wrong, did anyone else notice this?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

My Goodness!! These are some of the best pictures of HM on an engagement I have seen in a very long time. Wonderful to see too. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Today (November 22), HM invested Colonel Benjamin Wilde of the Mercian Regiment with an MBE. She also knighted Sir Howard Panter, co-founder of the Ambassador Theatre Group. Thirdly she awarded actor Rob Brydon (who played Bryn in the British comedy "Gavin & Stacey" and has appeared on various panel shows). All the investitures took place at Windsor Castle:

One ~ Two ~ Three

Sources: http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Gallery.aspx
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2511886/Rob-Brydon-honoured-Queen-MBE.html

I'm pleased to hear that Rob Brydon has received an MBE as he's one of my favourite comedians.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here's a pic of their meeting yesterday:

** Pic **

Queen Elizabeth also received the High Commissioner of Uganda Professor Joyce Kakuramatsi Kikafunda and the Ambassador from Luxembourg Patrick Engelberg:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery, November 20 **
What a character Tutu has.
Her Majesty looks divine in that color.

Her Majesty simply ROCKS this shade of purple, and her smile lights up the room.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh received Lenie Namatjira, the granddaughter of Aboriginal artist Albert Namajtira, during a private meeting with members of his family who presented the royal couple with two new pieces of artwork at Buckingham Palace on November 27.

Queen Elizabeth also received Matthew Winthrop Barzun, the Ambassador of the United States and Norman Hamilton, the High Commissioner of Malta (see the gallery).

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

** theguardian.com: My message to Queen Elizabeth II: Aboriginal art needs support **

The Telegraph say that Prince Philip privately visited the London office of GCHQ yesterday (November 30):

Battered by the string of highly damaging leaks from the fugitive American security contractor Edward Snowden, GCHQ has been given a royal morale-boost.
Mandrake can disclose that the Duke of Edinburgh made a private visit to the London office of Government Communication Headquarters on Wednesday. The British intelligence listening station is so secret that the agency refuses to disclose its location.
“His Royal Highness wanted to show how much the Royal family, and the country, values the vital work that GCHQ does,” a courtier tells me.

Prince Philip visits GCHQ's secret London listening post - Telegraph

It appears HM has a dogs thread but not a horse thread, so I am putting this here. I was trolling around looking for photos from Sandringham photos from the weekend and found this lovely new addition to Sandringham and Queen's Elizabeth's sud.

Excellent picture of horse and architecture! Thoroughbred begins his stay at Sandringham Stud - Lynn News

Queen Elizabeth has received Charles Guthrie, Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank, Somalia's ambassador Abdullahi Mohamed Ali and Ecuadorean AmbassadorJuan Falconi Puig at Buckingham Palace today, December 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
The Queen has been chosen racehorse owner of the year in recognition of her success in the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot and 60 years in the sport

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
The Queen won the accolade from the Racehorse Owners Association last night at the annual Horseracing Awards.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m
The Queen's racing manager John Warren and his daughter Susanna collected the award on behalf of HM, whose horse Estimate won the Gold Cup.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
Estimate, who won the Gold Cup for the Queen for the first time in June, was voted Outstanding Stayer in the awards.

Video:
The Queen today visited today Westminster Hall and viewed the Diamond Jubilee Window which has been installed in the Great Window of Westminster Hall.

The Queen also visited the Chapel of St Mary Undercroft and was then shown the plaque commemorating the place where Nelson Mandela made his historic speech in 1996, at this point the Queen chatted with Speaker about how William and Kate found out about the death of Mandela-
Home - ITNSource News

Very touching to hear The Queen explained how the news of Nelson Mandela's death broke as William & Catherine attended the film premiere. It was an extraordinary moment for everyone there and around the world.

Lovely pictures. Her Majesty looks divine as always.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 6h
The Queen is set to record her annual Christmas message in the coming days in preparation for broadcast on Christmas day.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 6h
The Queen's Christmas Message is being produced by the BBC this year and will be broadcast on BBC 1, ITV and Sky on Christmas Day at 3pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom