Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Golly I hope we don't over react every time something like this happens. They are both in their '90s this is what is going to happen from now on. The have the best medical care in the world and are well looked after.

Hear, hear.

I'm sure the DM will launch an investigation into how much this private jet is costing us... I'm still waiting on the break down for Sophie using the helicopter two days in a row :whistling:

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt
Prince Philip flew back from Balmoral with his wife. And two corgis.

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/737657906557014016

He has now changed his tweet:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Twitter users have placed me on the naughty step. Try again. Prince Philip flew back with the Queen. And two corgis.

Prince Philip had to reluctantly bow out of official duties earlier this week after doctors advised him to stay at home. On Wednesday, however, the Duke was well enough to carry out an engagement alongside his wife the Queen.

The Prince, 94, was on hand to welcome the President of Germany Joachim Gauck to Buckingham Palace.

A photo from the royal family's official Twitter account was posted online, showing the trio chatting.
Read more: Prince Philip's first appearance since missing engagement on doctor's orders

And here's a video:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have met Joachim Gauck, the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, at Buckingham Palace.
Home - ITNSource News

Considering his 95th birthday coming up, he is going strong :flowers: Its understandable he may have to miss events for health reasons but he was right back at it. Thinking of people who are excited to retire at 65, this is a man who has worked an extra 30 years and is still going. :)

In the video you can hear Philip 'apologise for not being there yesterday'. Better safe than sorry and he got change to meet the president today so no harm done

The Birthday girl is coming to Liverpool:

Read more: Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh will spend a busy day in Liverpool – Royal Central
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, will be attending a number of engagements in Liverpool next Wednesday. These acknowledge both the great history and heritage of the city, but also how Great Britain is becoming a centre of excellence in a number of fields on the world stage. The Royal Party will travel to Liverpool’s Lime Street station by the Royal Train, where they will be welcomed by a party led by the Lord Lieutenant of Merseyside, Dame Lorna Muirhead.

Wonderful photos from Liverpool

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Many of the Queen's biggest fans on this forum aren't members here anymore, and some of them doesn't post anymore. So it is then up to me again to give her some well-deserved praise.

While most of the world is concerned with a possible Brexit, a 90 year old beloved, iconic and unifying force was out and about in Liverpool today where the crowds gathered in the rain.

As both royal authors/experts, the Telegraph, the Daily Fail and I has said on many occasions: this is the people's Queen. The Queen who from 1970 to 2012 walked along the crowds (walkabouts) with her smiling face to meet her people.

Nowadays she is much more reserved in public, so it was great to see her with the crowds in Liverpool today.

King Harald which I really like and admire and Queen Margrethe which I have much respect for has always been much more reserved and neither them or any other head of state can match our Queen in any way.

The Queen in Liverpool: Royal visit to the city as it happened - Liverpool Echo

9 pictures that show the Queen loved every minute of her trip to Liverpool - Liverpool Echo

Pictures of HM in liverpool:

From the 70s or 80s:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/article10003790.ece/ALTERNATES/s510b/838898JPG.jpg

From today:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Duke+Edinburgh+Visit+NUCEkHctVY2l.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Duke+Edinburgh+Visit+4c68kZHU914l.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Duke+Edinburgh+Visit+I7b0yibuBlll.jpg

http://i1.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/article11508334.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS93198858.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/22/11/358B4CCD00000578-3654114-image-m-41_1466591441573.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/22/13/358C3A3A00000578-3654114-image-a-1_1466600202687.jpg

Last edited:
Something makes me think that this is where The Queen is at her happiest and most contented as she reaches her twilight years - in the bosom of her own people, in one of her own great cities, basking in the warmth that they transmit. Although I love the pomp and circumstance of the great British ceremonial occasions, I must admit that she seems less relaxed there. Let's hope and pray that we continue to see more of this (and that wonderful smile!) over the coming years.

From today's Court Circular -

The following were received by The Queen this afternoon: His Excellency Mr Philippe Kridelka (Secretary General of the Household of The King of the Belgians) and Ms Pascale Fabre; His Excellency Mr Michael Ehrenreich (Lord Chamberlain to The Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik) and Mrs Lemmi Tui; His Excellency Mr Jan Versteeg (Grand Master of the House of The King of the Netherlands) and Mrs Bärbel Geijsen; and His Excellency Professor Svante Lindqvist (Marshal of the Realm of The King of Sweden) and Mrs Lindqvist.

I wonder what the occasion was to have "The Lord Chamberlains" from around Europe, I can't imagine it was Brexit related.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The first time that the Queen will be seen in public, after the EU referendum, will be on Monday in Northern Ireland.

The Queen will address the Scottish Parliament next Saturday.

The following were received by The Queen this afternoon: His Excellency Mr Philippe Kridelka (Secretary General of the Household of The King of the Belgians) and Ms Pascale Fabre; His Excellency Mr Michael Ehrenreich (Lord Chamberlain to The Queen of Denmark and Prince Henrik) and Mrs Lemmi Tui; His Excellency Mr Jan Versteeg (Grand Master of the House of The King of the Netherlands) and Mrs Bärbel Geijsen; and His Excellency Professor Svante Lindqvist (Marshal of the Realm of The King of Sweden) and Mrs Lindqvist.

I wonder what the occasion was to have "The Lord Chamberlains" from around Europe, I can't imagine it was Brexit related.

Is there no one here who is interested in this either - What happened to this forum? This is not a criticism of mods, which does a great job. We have sadly lost many members who are interested in history and things like this, and the few of those members who still is her are not very vocal anymore.

It seems a bit strange that the Queen has received these people in audiences. Could it have something to do with (several possible) state visits? But that seems odd too, and that is no reason to meet HM.

Though I have been a member for quite a while, I rarely post. I have seen many new member post questions, or answers, and they are met by extreme condescension. Not by the mods, but other members that feel that they somehow know exactly what members of the royal family think on most, if not all issues. Such as the slimming of the monarchy. JMO.

I'm just wondering whether it was an occasion connected with the Queen's 90th birthday and its celebration. These Lord Chamberlains are all representatives of monarchies (obviously) and might have offered their formal congratulations on the Queen reaching such a milestone on behalf of the monarchies of Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, etc.

It's JMO, but I doubt whether their being received is politically based, as they all appear to be court officials. (I'm sure all the Monarchs concerned sent personal messages of congratulations as well.) Maybe they had a little tea party together afterwards!

Last edited:
I'm just wondering whether it was an occasion connected with the Queen's 90th birthday and its celebration. These Lord Chamberlains are all representatives of monarchies (obviously) and might have offered their formal congratulations on the Queen reaching such a milestone behalf of the monarchies of Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, etc.

It's JMO, but I doubt whether their being received is politically based, as they all appear to be court officials. (I'm sure all the Monarchs concerned sent personal messages of congratulations as well.) Maybe they had a little tea party together afterwards!

Yes, but it seems odd that they should offer their formal congratulations to her on behalf of the monarchs if the monarchs already sent personal messages to her (which according to Norwegian and Danish media, both King Harald and Queen Margrethe did.)

I have great admiration for the Queen. I'm not sure why I'm not more active in the forums about her. When she passes away, I expect I'll feel as sadly as I would if a friend died. In a way, I think of her as a friend in that I think that she cares a great deal about the UK and the Commonwealth. She can't possibly know every one of us, but I do believe that she cares. She keeps showing up day after day after day.:flowers:

Many of the Queen's biggest fans on this forum aren't members here anymore, and some of them doesn't post anymore.

Yes, but it seems odd that they should offer their formal congratulations to her on behalf of the monarchs if the monarchs already sent personal messages to her (which according to Norwegian and Danish media, both King Harald and Queen Margrethe did.)

With the various royal families and at Head of State level, however, there is a difference between personal and formal activities so the sending of personal greetings from Margrethe to her beloved cousin Elizabeth would be seen as a different thing to the sending of formal congratulations between the Head of State of Denmark and the Head of State of the UK of GB and NI.

The first would be done via a card, letter, email, personal twitter, phone call etc while the second would be done via the diplomatic personnel.

Whether these meetings had anything to do with HM's birthday I have no idea as the CC only says what it says and not what was actually said during the meetings.

With the various royal families and at Head of State level, however, there is a difference between personal and formal activities so the sending of personal greetings from Margrethe to her beloved cousin Elizabeth would be seen as a different thing to the sending of formal congratulations between the Head of State of Denmark and the Head of State of the UK of GB and NI.

The first would be done via a card, letter, email, personal twitter, phone call etc while the second would be done via the diplomatic personnel.

Whether these meetings had anything to do with HM's birthday I have no idea as the CC only says what it says and not what was actually said during the meetings.
Yes I know, but I still find it odd that she receives all of them in person at the same day, or maybe even at the same time to receive formal birthday greetings. The ambassadors could have done it.

:previous: It's certainly an interesting development and I, like many others, will wait to see what unfolds in the near future. Speculation seems pointless because this is such an 'out of left field' development with absolutely no clues as to its meaning or reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom