Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, there could be a plot hatching to invoke a MU which would be a union of all royal heads of state and connive to have a single, vast international sharing vault of royal jewels and to cement the relationship, invoke the right of the monarchs to put forth that from this time forward, all royal dogs will stem from the dorgi.

Then again, the ambassadors may have all been in town at the same time because there was a sale on black patent dress shoes somewhere and decided to drop by the Queen's place for tea.

We just don't know.

In addition to my post (563) about HM's visit to Liverpool above, here is a video of her waving to the huge crowds:
Exterior shots of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

No matter what is happening in the world or regardless of the weather, when it comes to our beloved Queen (yes, I know I'm American but this wonderful woman is very much respected and loved around the globe), people turn out in droves just to see her and catch a glimpse of her wonderful smile. She means something to those around her and no matter what, she's a icon of stability, unity and a reassurance that there are things that are constant in an ever changing world.

I loved how HM made a point of going off center of the balcony and waving to people that perhaps weren't front and center to where she was. Its the little thoughts of consideration that HM puts into things that should be a role model for the rest of us.

Thanks!

No matter what is happening in the world or regardless of the weather, when it comes to our beloved Queen (yes, I know I'm American but this wonderful woman is very much respected and loved around the globe), people turn out in droves just to see her and catch a glimpse of her wonderful smile. She means something to those around her and no matter what, she's a icon of stability, unity and a reassurance that there are things that are constant in an ever changing world.

I loved how HM made a point of going off center of the balcony and waving to people that perhaps weren't front and center to where she was. Its the little thoughts of consideration that HM puts into things that should be a role model for the rest of us.
Yes, and the fun thing is that although she hasn't gone on a walkabout since 2012 (with the exception of her 90th birthday in Windsor) and almost never uses the Queenmobile anymore, and her (now very rare) upcoming visits is barely mentioned because of security, people (young and old) still meets up with their phones and flovers to greet her.

And let's hope her wonderful smile will continue to be smiling over us for many years to come, because when she dies, I think (as a royal expert said in 2015) that the vast majority of this country will be absolutely bereft.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Giant's Causeway on Tuesday and stop at Bushmills for the unveiling of a statue to Robert Quigg, who won a Victoria Cross in the First World War.

They will have lunch at Royal Portrush Golf Club and travel by steam train to officially open Bellarena Railway Station.

The royal party flies in today and will travel to Hillsborough Castle to meet Secretary of State Theresa Villiers, First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness.
Read more: Queen and Duke fly in for Antrim coast visit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

i hear that the queen is (rightly so) furious about brexit. is this true? have their been any reports as to the queen's opinion on the matter?

I doubt that anyone really knows the Queen's thoughts or feelings on Brexit. Its an area of politics and HM is a master of not alluding to her feelings regarding them. We'll probably never know what she personally thinks or feels.

Last edited:
The Queen has met First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness as she arrived in Northern Ireland for a two-day visit.

The pair greeted the Queen separately at a room in Hillsborough Castle in County Down.

Sinn Féin's Mr McGuinness, who first met the Queen exactly four years ago, told her was nice to see her again and asked if she was feeling well.

The Queen laughed as she replied: "Well I'm still alive anyway."

The 90-year-old monarch shook his hand and told him there had been "quite a lot going on" in recent months.

"I've had two birthdays which have been quite busy," the Queen said.
And thank god for that

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh begin today's tour of Counties Antrim and Londonderry at the Giant's Causeway

https://mobile.twitter.com/NITouris...4?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

The Queen was greeted on her arrival by Mrs Joan Christie OBE, HM Lord-Lieutenant of County Antrim.

The Giant's Causeway is a World Heritage Site managed by the National Trust. HM and HRH visited the fairly new Visitors' Centre and the famous causeway itself.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

It sounds like it was quite a wonderful day for HM and the DoE. From giants to nostalgic train ride with many people turning out, regardless of the weather, to wave hello at their monarch.

What impressed me the most though was how touched the Quigg family was with not only having a family war hero honored by HM, The Queen, but also being probably very surprised and honored that this woman that has met so many people over the years could actually say that she remembered shaking their relative's hand back in 1953. All I can say to that is "WoW!" No one can top HM when it comes to meeting and greeting people. :flowers:

To see HM out and about with her wonderful smile is very reassuring in these unstable times.

And as a reporter said on Sky News today, ''so much has changed in the last few days, but the Queen is the constant, and for many the most reassuring presense, as the UK prepares to depart from EU.''

And thanks to everyone for your posts about HM's visit to Northern Ireland, especially to RoyalProtocol who has started posting again.

So typical, HM is in my neck of the woods and I happen to be in the US! The last time she was here, I had a job interview so couldn't see her then either. Hopefully one day.

Bushmills is a nice little town. The railway line from Coleraine to Londonderry is so beautiful, well worth a visit if you happen to be in NI.

Video:
Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh will attend a service on the eve of the centenary of the Battle of the Somme at Westminster Abbey. Friday 1st July marks the centenary of the Battle of the Somme. Westminster Abbey is marking the occasion with a Service on the Eve of the Centenary and an Overnight Vigil - the first time the Abbey has been open all night for a vigil since peace vigils for the Cuban Missile Crisis over fifty years ago.
Home - ITNSource News

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen will open a new base @EastAngliAirAmb July 13th at Cambridge Airport where her grandson the Duke of Cambridge works as a pilot

East Anglian Air Amb @EastAngliAirAmb
We are delighted and honoured that The Queen will visit the @EastAngliAirAmb Cambridge Base on 13th July to open the Egerton-Smith Centre

Yesterday:
The Royal Family ‏@RoyalFamily
The Queen begins her 'Holyrood Week' of engagements in Scotland with the Ceremony of the Keys
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmSxtHXWEAANGBD.jpg

Today:
The Crown of Scotland will be carried down the Royal Mile from Edinburgh Castle as the Queen formally opens the fifth session of the Scottish Parliament. Presented by Jackie Bird and Brian Taylor - on BBC One Scotland and BBC Parliament 10:55AM:
BBC One - The Royal Opening of the Scottish Parliament

For those outside the UK, watch it here 10:55AM on BBC Parliament:
Mediahhh Free UK TV Anywhere

Or watch parts of it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom